The Traitor Game Application/Discussion/Enquiries Thread

Nexas: Again, that would be my decision; not anyone else’s. TDIT has no right in controlling my characters, no offense applied, of course. And if Syndrome was to teleport the characters to other places when his main goal is to get them to the lab, it would be 1) complicated, 2) tricky, 3) create unnecessary obstacles requiring us to wind through. What if Nemo ended up in the ocean and decided to swim away? Say, even if there were signs to guide him to the lab, as presented in TDIT’s post, why would Nemo follow those signs to the lab probably placed by some unknown stranger when he could had just swam away into the deep ocean in search of home?

You see the complications rising?

Also, TDIT changed this large aspect of the story in his post before discussing it with me; something most RPers find to be quite irritable, if you don’t mind me saying. This is called ‘godmodding,’ where you are playing the role of the GM instead of the gamer you should be. It makes us (GMs) feel a lack of control of the game, like you’re trying to take over it.

So, please, everyone, just let TDIT make the edit before interacting with his post.

Oh, and Nexas, no emoticons while narrating.

Okayley dokaley, wboon, I’ve changed the story so they start off in the chamber. Shame I had to delete all that part I wrote about the island description…but if it breaks the rules, I guess I have to get rid of it. :frowning:

Sorry about that. I’m a noob, okay, so please go easy on me. :stuck_out_tongue: So…uh…is it alright now? I hope it’s okay they can have a look at the other characters in the other rooms through their computer, though I don’t really describe what they do except what the authors themselves have written for their respective characters. I’ve also moved the Axiom from outside in the island into one of the rooms, if that’s fine with you.

BTW, neat continuation Nexas! I liked how he thinks that he can ‘drive’ one of the cars away to escape…

And I noticed TSS’ new post! Violet as usual is unsure of herself, so at least it’s good to have Helen there to comfort her and give her moral support.

So I’ll sit here and wait for whatever’s gonna happen next… :S

Whoa, whoa, whoa, young man, we don’t use that kind of language around here. :stuck_out_tongue: ‘Noob,’ in my terms, is a term much worse than the f-word. :wink: I prefer to call you guys, ‘potentially successful writers requiring vast amount of experience and lessons.’ :wink:

Right, I see you practically slashed and cut away lots. Acceptable, but not as good in quality compared to the post before its edit. I have a question I’ve been wondering: Why is it that every time someone felt that he/she is restricted by the rules or regulations, he/she had to degrade the quality of his/her work just to get it into acceptance?

TSS kinda did the same thing with his first post when he sent it to me through a PM. I had to get him edit it again and again (and again) to get it acceptable according to the rules, so I didn’t really feel like I should work on the quality of his post. Though now that I look at it again, he seems to be capable of re-editing his post while keeping the same amount of quality, if not just somewhat lesser, in it. So, props go to him for that.

Now, back to the rest of you.

It’s cool that you’re trying to follow the rules, but follow the rules… with style. :sunglasses:

Lightning and Sally entered the chamber through the teleporter, right? If you remember my description of the portal, it is placed above a trapezoid-like platform. Where’s the crash? Or at least, the thump? They were traveling at probably, what? 40-50 kmph? Suddenly flying through a portal and landing in a chamber has to generate some sort of noise, so, my suggestion (not trying to teach you how to improve your post; I’m no expert :stuck_out_tongue: ) is that you work on that. Apart from that, the rest seems fine.

Improvise, guys. When I ask that your character(s) is/are to enter through the portal, there are thousands of ways you could improvise that to your own liking. You could have your character(s) go through a dream sequence before arriving in the lab. You could have your character(s) already going through the portal but while going through it, he/she/they have a flashback sequence as to how he/she/they was/were sucked away by the portal in the first place. Al-Bob could had posted that the water was sucked in through the portal, too, and maybe, upon Crush’s arrival, a wave of water could flow through the portal (not enough to flood the lab, of course) along with a surfing Crush doing his usual surfer talk.

You see the many possibilities out there? That is what RPs are about; creativity - with a lack of plot holes and chaos, of course. :wink:

I hope my talk has been useful for your future post, but I have to bring to you the unfortunate news of me not having the time to work on my post… Sorry, I have to get the third chapter of my fan fic done (remember to review, TDIT! :laughing: ) and only then am I able to work on the post. Heh heh, sorry. It will probably be in a few days, but nothing too long (I hope…).

So, go ahead, create your story - under regulations. :stuck_out_tongue:

Gotcha, wboon. I’ll try to be creative within the rules in the future. I can’t wait to see your post and the next chapter for your Incredibles sequel.

By the way, have you read my Cars crossover? Just click on the link on my sig and drop me your review under my fanfic thread in the fanfic section. Thanks! :sunglasses:

Thanks, TDIT. :sunglasses: And yeah, I’ve been wanting to review that, but stuff always seemed to be consuming my time, so, sorry… :cry: I’ll try and read it after I get all the posts up and ready, though! :wink:

we all seem to think that this place is somewhere our characters can go to…

Crush-Island
Vi/Helen-Nomanisa…oh i forgot how to spell it again

is there supposed to be an exact place that we are supposed to go to…this could just clear up my mind of what the lab room should look like and where it “could” be.

For how the lab looks like, check the first post - it’s been descriped as far as I am capable to. As for the location, it’s where it always is, actually; beneath the Nomanisian Island volcano. You all should be teleported there originally, but since that is no longer a reality, you will just have to post that you somehow make it there and Syndrome traps you with sealed gates or the like.

So for clearification, i posted my intro of Violet and Helen correctly right?

WBoon
Not like I’m trying or asking people to undermine you -- Can at least pitch some seemingly fair ideas.
Well there would be a perimeter around the area, like nets or something ^
^

folds arms Well a problem with being the GM is that they shouldn’t think that players are honestly trying to take over the game. It’s your idea and it’s your game, we know that. If we accidently “step over the line”, just work with us to settle the trouble.

Alright. But it was one emoticon and it was to reflect how long I was waiting to post heh heh. :slight_smile:

TDIT
I’m unsure how things would be handled after the inital lab meeting, as I don’t know how the game expands from there right now, but you might be able to use the description later if it works with WBoon’s bit.

Thanks hehehe ^^ Actually there’s a little joke I’m planning with that in my next post or so ^^

WBoon
switches eyes Potentionally? I’m already successful ^0^ ^0^ Hehehe…but in all honesty, I think everyone here has great writing potential :slight_smile:

Well if you mean they degrade their style to fit with the rules…well that’s just more of a reason we honestly are trying to keep in with the story and not have you think we’re taking over, godmodding, or bunnying ^_^;

taps chin I think an interesting way for Randall and Lightning/Sally/Mater to get back into the lab is a ramp that comes down from the room upstairs (the lab, hence Randall falling through the hole). If I recall…I think Atta and Crush are already there right?

Okay…TSS you are correct…sorry that was my mixup. I’ll see what i can do to make myself locked up. (well i can’t walk)

Nexas: Hey, no one claimed that you were trying, I’m just saying that all major plot changes should go through me first before they are posted so that I have a clear idea of what’s going on and so that the story doesn’t messes up or have any plot holes of any sort (like the ones existing now).

Idea contribution is great; just don’t go and use the ideas in the actual game thread before discussing it, that’s all I’m saying, not asking you guys to follow my every command as you should, no.

And no need to get hostile, Nexas. :stuck_out_tongue:

Kidding; we know you’re never hostile with your cheerful eyes. :laughing:

Taking over the game is not the issue; it’s the chaos created after players run amok with their story-changing posts, something I don’t mind currently due to your… inexperience with how RPs work, no offense. It’s just messy and difficult to repair, that’s all.

Though I think a perimeter works, it just doesn’t really feel suitable to give that sort of threatening feeling, like that sort of feeling when you’re feeling that you’re kidnapped from your home. That sort of atmosphere is… a little more difficult to achieve if Crush still could swim in the waters, which is sort of what his home looks like. Helen and Violet is easier to handle, because their home doesn’t look like some Caribbean Island. :laughing: But, if they were all trapped in a lab, it kinda gives them a feeling that they’re held captive. If you are kidnapped, would you feel more frightened if you are trapped in a dusty, old basement or if you are allowed to get out of it and run around some tropical dream island?

You get the idea, but, again, not trying to force anybody to follow anything; just contributing my opinion as, well, a GM. :wink:

And yes, I believe Atta and Crush are in the lab already. Though a ramp works, I’m still missing that cool crashing-into-the-lab scene… :laughing: But after some thinking, TDIT, I think that won’t really be necessary if you don’t want to because you could just post that Lightning and Sally (your characters, not the member :laughing: ) could just float out of the teleporter and, well, maybe a little crash onto the flooring but that’s all up to your decision; I’m only managing the plot, not the actions of your characters (unless it interferes with the plot-lines).

And yes, TSS, your post is alright, no worries. :wink:

One last thing; a lot to learn you still got, young Nexas. :sunglasses:

WBoon: Oh good! Glad to hear that. No need to edit it anymore. :wink:

folds arms Well this is the first time I think some people have done this game, so all I’m saying is give the guys some lenancy ^^ Now that they know, things should start patching up a little ^^

shrugs Some ideas people may want to surprise with :slight_smile: But yeah, I see the point :slight_smile:

Well I am mostly a comedian so I hope to bring it to the game :slight_smile:

Well to my knowledge I don’t think I’ve cause any holes in the plot ^- Well like said, this is the first time for some people…it’s a test phase, and like all test phases, has some bumps ^^ thinks of the Atomic Bomb…ok…maybe not as HUGE as the bumps with that particular test ^0^

nods True true…let me guess…gives you a sort of SAW feeling right? :laughing:

In honesty, your doing better thyan most GMs for their first time :slight_smile:

Ahh good ok, so I know :slight_smile: Crashing into lab scene?

Oh believe me, I know more than you might think :sunglasses:

Well, it seems like everything is in its rightful place, so we shouldn’t have much to worry about. Now all you guys have to do is to get your character(s) from the respective parts of the lair… well, speaking of that…

See, when I first created the lab scenario, I was kinda hoping to keep the feeling that Syndrome’s technology is… how should I say, low in quality? This is due to this project being one of his first, so he’s just starting out as a villain. In other words, a wide, extensive lair wasn’t really my idea of what he should have, because no villain started out grand and powerful in an instant, now do they? :wink: So, you could see as to I wanted to keep the ‘trapped-in-a-lab’ scenario, but unfortunately, we have to create some sort of lair now with the posts existing in the game thread, which, as you could see, is a bit off my vision of the story. :-\

But anyway, back on topic.

All you got to do now is to get your character(s) into the lab, and while you’re doing that, try not to make the lair bigger than it is already. After you have done so, just have a gate/door/perimeter of any sort sealing them off and, if you could, at the same time as the characters of other players so as to fit the continuation. Otherwise, you could just have your character(s) warning the others not to enter the lab when it is already too late. :wink:

When all characters are trapped in one area, the host will appear and the game can (finally) commence. Till then, I’ll be waiting for your (and my) next post.

Thanks for reading.
~ WBoon 8)

To everyone: Unfortunately, I will not be participating in the game for the time being, due to a cluttered schedule on my part. This now means that the character of Remy, who I originally claimed, is now available for “use” by anyone who wants him.

My apologies for my absence and renouncement. That aside, I trust that you guys will have fun!

– Mitch

Thanks, Mitch, for clarifying your renouncement. :wink: I hope we’ll see you in the game again in the future… when things do turn for the better (note the absence of ‘if’ :wink: ).

Though we won’t have much fun without one of the best writers in this game, we will try… :cry: Thanks for dropping by anyway! :smiley:

~ WBoon :sunglasses:

WBoon - You’re most welcome, and thank you! :wink:

Oh, pfff. I’m sure you guys will do fine without me. Thanks, though. (heheh)

– Mitch

Don’t count yourself so short Mitch…

Also…did you check your Messages yet?

I can vouch for that problem…she just got to mine so she is…

Just wait and she will get them and reply quikcly.

Sorry to hear your quiting Mitch…it will be hard to replace a Remy lover such as yourself.

You DO know Mitch is a girl right? :laughing:

But she is? Good…I…wanted to make sure she got my message and replies…as I replied once to her before and it disappeared into the Net somewhere :unamused:

(sorry for the OTing-like Boon if it’s wrong…)