The Wall-E 500 (the ultimate challenge)

Hey guys. I got some good news, and some bad news. The bad news first…

Well, I’m 9 views behind, which is decent for being the 193rd day. I must admit, truly, that on most occasions these days, I will watch WALL-E while surfing the web. I perch my iPod right next to my computer and listen to it. I make sure the music is loud enough, so I don’t forget about it. I had to admit this, though. I feel pretty bad. So that is my confession.

The good news now. Despite that being said, I still do focus on several parts even when I’m typing documents while watching it. I just love the soundtrack. Also, I do plan on on getting back to focusing solely on just the movie regularly. I wanna have just about every detail memorized. Also, I still love the movie deeply. I watched it on my 52" screen last Sunday and I still got emotional on the sadder parts, and laughed at the funny parts. I have no plans on quitting.

So, that’s it. Thanks for helping me out. BTW- Can someone ask me a question on the movie? Maybe someone could gather a list of questions, and ask me on AIM live so they would know I wouldn’t be cheating? I don’t feel like I know every detail. And my ipod screen does limit some things, so I wouldn’t know super insane background details like you think I would.

-EIA-

Dude, your crazy! I’ve watched it 17 times simply because I’m sick of it. I don’t laugh, cry, or anything anymore. I can’t believe your not sick of it yet. Again I say “Good Luck” :wink:

Thank you. I believe I never get sick of WALL-E because he reminds me of myself. The movie is well layed out (except the repetitive part towards the end.) I guess none of the characters are annoying, and limited words makes it easy to like.

I’d say up until it gets to the Axiom the movie always impresses me. Once WALL-E gets to the Axiom I pretty much just wait for the movie to end. The Axiom part is okay, but not near as good as the beginning. The captain is kinda annoying to me.

-EIA-

I thought you were going to “WATCH” it, not listen to it?

I could NEVER EVER watch amovie that many times in a row! :open_mouth:

He reminds me of myself too, one of the things that made me love the movie so much.

Seriously though, 9 views behind is nothing to be worried about. I think it’s more worrying that you’re 187 views ahead. :laughing:

Isn’t it interesting that we haven’t heard from him for like, 6 months? Did he actually think he could pull this off without melting his brain from watching the movie so many times in a row? :laughing:

I mean, as consumed with this movie as I am, and as consumed as anyone else may be with it, this kind of goal is just unattainable. sadly shakes head

little chef

Haha, yeah, I’d forgotten all about this! Well, I have to say, he got further than I ever would have. :laughing:

Once you watch a movie enough times, you can listen and see all the images in your head. xD

Goodness! :open_mouth: 500 times??! Seriously? (As in shockingly). Wow, you have guts. I’ve lost count on how many times I’ve seen Wall-E, but it’s certainly not been 188 times! :laughing:

Well, good luck on this! :wink:

Ha wow, and my friends say I watch WALL-E too much! I wish you the best of luck, and godspeed!

I haven’t noticed this thread before, but good luck on your amazing journey. Since we haven’t heard from you in so long I hope that means you are up to work, but don’t ascend into madness. Just remember why you started this feat in the first place, because Wall-E was so great that you felt you owed something to it and to yourself (or so I’m guessing). It might be near a year before you respond to this thread, but I again wish you fantastic luck in hopes of your completion. If only Pixar knew…

Well, it’s been over 20 months since he/she last posted on this thread (June 2, 2009) and all we know is he saw it at least 188 times in less than 7 months. In fact, that day was the last activity on the entire website for EveIsAwesome. If I had to see Wall-E that many times in a year and a half, it would nearly ruin the movie for me, and it would leave such a bad taste in my mouth for things Wall-E, and maybe I would even have to be committed. Most people who posted here were encouraging, but perhaps some outright discouragement was in order? If you had a friend with 810 spare hours to blow, would you really recommend them doing that sort of thing? Maybe that’s why this person isn’t here anymore… just like people you meet online in computer games and they go way way overboard and sacrifice their jobs, studies, marriage or personal relationships and the game becomes not only the center of their lives, but everything else becomes an irritating distraction and they soon end up imploding: deleting the game from their computer, selling off their hard-earned accounts and completely forsaking all things associated with that unfortunate episode in their lives, and that includes even you.

Why do people admire others who are doing something relatively useless, versus something constructive (or deconstructive, lol) and perhaps even productive, like coming up with fanfic or pixar pics. They are a bright, shining light streaking across the heavens, but are really going down in flames…

Well, if i get the DVD, maybe i could do the Wall-E 500!

When i got a good glimpse of it at first hand, i watched it at a total, 17 times for the past 2 weeks. So, 2 years? 730 days? 104 Weeks? If i continue to watch it 17 times every 2 weeks, 17X52 would equal a total of 864 times, about almost 175% more than what would be required to finish the challenge.

Your math is off.
Since you watch 17 times every 2 weeks, you have to multiply 17/2 times 52 or 17 times 26. Because you watch it 17 times every 2 weeks and there are 52 weeks in a year, so actually, you would only watch it 442 times.

umm, PPT, the wall-e 500 challenge gives us 2 years to complete the challenge. So, it would be 17 times 52.

Ahh. Then you are correct. :smiley:

Did the original poster ever finish their challenge?

Hello, PixarPlanet. This is the original poster of this Challenge. I’m sad to say that I did not finish the full challenge. It’s been a few years, but, unfortunately, I quit at less than 300 viewings (though I didn’t always watch the full credits). I cannot remember the exact number. It might be less, but no more than 300. There was no, “I quit!” Life just came up, so the challenge fizzled away.

To be honest, watching it that many times wasn’t difficult overall. I haven’t seen WALL-E since 2009, but still love it - just haven’t got around to watching it again. With each viewing I learned that the more I watched WALL-E, the less I got out of it, as in memorizing it in full detail. You’d expect to memorize more and more of the film after each viewing to the point where it’d play in your head with perfect detail, but you (or at Ieast I) seemed to stop “knowing” everything about the film after 10 or so views. In all honesty, I feel like I’ve only seen it maybe 5 to 10 times.

So, sorry for not sticking to my word. Thanks for the support. Maybe I could have done it if I came here more often! Perhaps, over time, I’ll finish it 200 times before I die just to finish this dumb thing. One more thing, the first half of the movie still rocks.

It’s been 27 months since you last communicated with us, and thank goodness you gave up this quest, for whatever reason. I know that the typical person here responded with a “Jeepers, wowie, that’s great. Good luck!” But I would have to agree with little_chef that either it was bound to fail over the 500 days or that maybe it wasn’t such a good idea in the first place. I mean you say that you feel you have only seen it 5-10 times?!? I’ve seen it about 40x, only when I really wanted to, sometimes as long as 6 months apart, sometimes 3 days, and it sure feels like 40x.

It would have felt like being cheated if those viewings didn’t stick with me in some way. Only a few times have I watched or listened to the cd/dvd just to analyze something. Nearly every time a new aspect in the film was learned and shared here. And each viewing was a joy, not a chore, with anticipation for the next time 3 days or 3 months down the road. Hardly anyone from Pixar would have encouraged any of us to do the 500 view challenge, and I’m saying this because others have been so positive about it and perhaps a bucket of ice-cold water is in order.

So I’m glad you’re not in a strait jacket, and hope that your new adventure was worthwhile. And btw, the ‘Ultimate Challenge’ might be for one of us to design a Wall-E area at Disneyland or make a new Wall-E movie. That might seem quite a bit harder than watching a movie over and over again, but then again you did use the terms ‘ultimate’ and ‘challenge’, so I’m raising the bar here…