The Worst Movies Ever!

^Totally agree.
I think I may have even fallen asleep at one point.

I have another one to add:
The Village!
It was supposed to be horror, but it was so cheesy it just turned out hilarious.

Anything my father watches he calls the best movie ever made, when 2/3 of the time it’s the exact opposite!

As for me, worst movies ever made include every single anti-snake horror movie (i.e. Anaconda, Snakes on a Plane, etc.) and most modern comedies, especially the ones starring Steve Carell (seriously, the only thing I’ve seen with him that I enjoyed is The Office, and I don’t even watch it for Michael Scott (his character)). Others, too, but I can’t think of names, right now.

Gooby :shake:

Oh, I know one! I saw Skyline a few months ago, being a bit of a Scrubs/disater movie fan…It was the longest 2 hours of my life… :neutral_face:

Christmas in Wonderland.
The worst movie you will ever see in your life.
Horrible acting, horrible script, horrible movie.
The only redeeming aspect was Tim Curry.

Alice in Wonderland (the one with Johnny Depp). Ugh. I thought it was terrible

Oh boy, every year, my opinion changes about the movies I really hate. There is just so much to name, that I can’t name a lot from the top of my head.

Oh my goodness, that really does sound truly horrible xD
I love me some Tim Curry tho.

Has anyone heard of Manos: The Hands of Fate? Apparently, people say that’s a REALLY bad film.

^ Yes. That’s really the worst movie ever, probably.

It’s common knowlegde that the best worst film ever is The Room though 8D

I loved that movie. Maybe it’s because I’m both an Alice in Wonderland geek and a Tim Burton geek. Plus, I love Johnny Depp. ;-p

1.Bee Movie
2.Cats and Dogs
3.Chicken Little

Manos was the common answer for a long time. And I think it may actually be the worst. Here’s a clip youtube.com/watch?v=tRcGukCd … re=related

The fact that I’m an Alice geek is the reason that I hated it. It was everything but that universe. I’m not a Tim Burton geek, but I respect some of his work and I was totally disappointed by this one.

^ Alot of people I know hated it, including my best friend. I liked the fresh take on an old story, but it seems to be just me. 8D

Same here, it’ll never live up to the original books, or even the animated verson.

there are some, now comes to my mind one that I really hated

Son of The Mask (2005), one of the biggest sh**** I’ve ever seen

^ Oh, yeah.

With regards to the Alice in Wonderland remake, I did like the visuals at first, but the message is confusing. First, Alice was defiant and wanted to strike out on her own (like any good Feminist individual would). But then she ends up accepting her ‘destiny’ and kills the Jabberwocky. It seems like you can’t defy your fate, no matter how much you fight it.

Speaking of which, I hated how they handled the Jabberwocky. It’s like they kept talking about it throughout the whole movie, but they didn’t reveal a single glimpse of it until the very end. And even then, he only gets a few lines and then carks it.

It would’ve really been better if it turned out to be a misunderstood character, like Alice, and it turned out that it was really a harmless creature. And Alice, upon realising its true nature, makes a choice out of free will to spare the creature, becoming the ‘hero’ in the end.

But no. She whacks its head off and thus follows her ‘natural’ path as a conformist. :unamused:

And I read a book called ‘Screenplay by Disney’ that described the original animated movie as a visual feast but a narrative disaster (or something along those lines, it’s a quote by one of the Disney animators). I hated the original movie because of its dreadful conclusion (Alice basically would’ve perished if the doorknob refused to let her out) and the whole ‘It’s All a Dream’ cop-out (which, although faithful to the source, is a horrible way to end a story).

‘Screenplay by Disney’ also pointed out that there were no character motivations whatsoever. Why does the Queen want to kill Alice so badly? Because she’s evil. Why are all the characters in Wonderland out to get Alice? “Because we’re all crazy,” says the Cheshire Cat. What is Alice supposed to do? Why is she in Wonderland? What’s her motive, her aim, her ambition? None. She just wanders from one setpiece to another. It’s a lousy narrative.

At least the Tim Burton remake tried to imbue some sense of purpose to Alice’s journey, but it was horribly drawn-out (We all know Alice has been here before, so why does she take so long to realise this?), and as I’ve mentioned earlier, it had a poor climax. The only great thing about it was the animation and Johnny Depp.

And I watched it in 3D. It was not worth it.

End Rant

Honestly, I feel really bad. I usually don’t like bad movies. I found it easy to see that Alice was a terrible movie, a terrible sequel, and a terrible adaptation. I found it very easy to see why everyone hates it. But, somehow, I found myself wrapped up in The Mad Hatter and the lovely Avatar-esque visuals, enjoying the movie. :open_mouth: I agree it’s a terrible movie. Even I can see that. But I do like it for some reason. However, I agree that the Jabberwocky should have been handled differently. :slight_smile: