Theater! Center Stage at Pixar Planet

So I haven’t updated my theater status in a while.

I’m currently in two productions. The first is at my school, A Mid Summer Night’s Dream. I’m playing Nick Bottom and it is going really great!

The other show I am in is the play Les Miserables. This is with my theater group and I’m playing Jean Valjean.

My college is having auditions for Guys and Dolls, and I’m gonna audition for that 9after being on a 2.5 year hiatus)

I hope you get a part The Star Swordsman!

Thanks. I’m trying to shoot for a main role. I really don’t want to be a background character.

Right now I am in a production of Footloose with my children’s theater group. It is my last show with the group. I am playing Ren.

I was also recently in MacBeth with the same group. I played Angus.

And back in March I played the Beast in my high school’s production of Beauty and the Beast. It was such an amazing show and my last one at my school, so it was very special to me.

You seem to be a really talented performer. So jealous that you were able to get so many great parts. Break a leg on your next performance.

Thanks, The Star Swordsman!

I was also voted Most Likely To Hit Broadway by my class, along with the girl who played Belle in our Beauty and the Beast, but I don’t think that will ever happen! Wouldn’t it be nice though?

Hey, you wanna hit broadway, I wanna hit Hollywood. But yeah, it would be the sweetest thing if it did happen.

Wow, Sean, those are amazing roles!

Are we allowed to post anything related to theatre, or just roles we’ve been in?

EJE: you are allowed to post anything and everything related to theatre here. :wink: And if you have been in any roles, please share! I would love to hear about it.

Well, I did take a year of Drama in high school. I was not in a play, but served as a Stage Manager for Fiddler on the Roof before quitting. I performed scenes from Anne Frank and Pygmalion for my class performance.

Here are my top 10 favorite musicals (1 being best)

1. Les Miserables
  2. Miss Saigon
  3. The Book of Mormon
  4. The Lion King
  5. The Producers
  6. Avenue Q
  7. Sweeney Todd
  8. My Fair Lady
  9. Fiddler on the Roof
  10. A Chorus Line

Oh Les Miz is a very powerful. It gets me every time. I see why it’s number one for ya.

Yes same here. It’s so moving. I love the characters and music so much, I don’t know how many times I’ve seen it! 8D

I’ve also lost count of the number of times I’ve seen it. I was actually in that musical. I did it in middle school. I was Combefere (if I spelled his name correctly) and an understudy for Javert (though I never got a chance to play him) I would love the role of Marius.

That’s a really good list ellie-jessie-eve! I will post my top ten soon. I only have my top three solidly ranked so far.

Lat night I saw the Broadway Across America touring production of West Side Story. This is one of my favorite musicals and it was the first time I’ve ever actually seen it. I was in it a few years ago, though. I played Action.

It was good, I liked it. I had a few gripes, but not too many. The Tony was a good singer, but I don’t know if his voice was right for Tony, just my opinion. Maybe I’m too used to listening to Larry Kert on the Original Cast Recording.

I saw West Side Story many months ago. To be honest, I didn’t like it. I was a little bored, but the singing was amazing.

TSS- Wow, that’s so cool! Javert is a very awesome character, that would of been cool if you could of sang Stars in front of everyone! Marius is awesome, my favorite Les Mis character is Enjolras.

love70ways- Can’t wait to see your list! West Side Story is neat, I’ve seen it before, the movie and on stage.

Oh how I wish I could be in Les Mis once again. I would be the happiest person in the world.

But for now, I’m in Aida. I play as an ensemble. I’m also a soldier, a traitor (who dies in the musical,) and many more.

That’s exciting TSS! I don’t know Aida at all. The only thing about it I know is that Elton John wrote the music.

I was in Les Mis this past fall, but it was the non-musical version. The script was, in my opinion, really stupid. I like Les Mis a lot more as a musical.

Tomorrow morning, I’m gonna sing in a recital to promote the musical i’m in. Wish me broken legs.

I’m gonna sing what my mentor calls my signature piece, ou Are Beautiful from Flower Drum Song.