things that freaked you out as a kid

Why were you scared of that? I like the new one better, but I always kind of loved that one.

I wish I knew! The creepy voice in the ‘feature presentation’ one probably did it for me. I just always had to crazy fast foward past those two things. :neutral_face:

Okay, I have to agree I hated that guy. I hated even worse all the commercials he did :open_mouth:

When I was little my parents left E.T. (the original) on for me and the scene where Elliott is outside at dark, runs into E.T. through a bunch of bushes and they start screaming scared me so bad that I ran into the kitchen to hide. Funny thing is, my parents also let me watch Jurassic Park but I was more desensitized to it than scared for some reason. Maybe CGI dinosaurs didn’t freak me out as much as puppets or an actor in a suit.

I’m sure there were a lot of things that freaked me out in my childhood, but that’s one of my more vivid memories at least (and I know a lot of people get scared of E.T.).

Play-Doh and chicken wire can be creepy when it’s so realistic… :open_mouth:

There was this drink driving campaign on Malaysian TV when I was a kid… it scared the living daylights outta me!

Ali: I remember being scared of the logo when I watched The Little Mermaid and the ‘Feature Presentation’ card during Fox and the Hound and Goofy Movie, but then I got used to it.

Oh yes! I’m glad I’m not the only one. Even his name inspires fear. 8D

The childcatcher from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang was super creepy.

For some reason he never scared me, but my mom says he scared her. 'Course, now I think he’s pretty darn creepy.

I don’t really remember anything that scared me as a kid, but I REALLY hated the concept of kids and babies dying. Really, really, REALLY hated it. I was in the age where I had the delusion that only grown ups died.

I used to be terrified of A Bug’s Life, and had to build up a large amount of courage before I would see it (which was a lot of times).

I also used to be afraid of those stupid Ghost Story shows on the Discovery Channel. Not the Ghost Hunter shows, but the ones were they act out the story like a mini-movie. They had an episode on the Amittyville house, and I couldn’t sleep for months!

When I was slighly older I was completely shaken by Leatherface (Texas Chainsaw Massacre 70s version) and Saw (anything about it really). Ironically I didn’t seem to mind Jason, Chucky, or Leprechaun, (although Freddy creeped me out slightly), but these two films put me to a startling halt. I love both of these films now, (and was mildly disappointed that Saw wasn’t as scary as I thought it would be), but the legacy would be left in my nostalgia forever.

I don’t like onryo, a type of ghost with long black hair in front of their face (think Samara from The Ring or Kayako from The Grudge). The Ring was the first real horror movie I saw, I watched it when I was 10. I was scarred for life…Violet even scares me sometimes XD

The Dummy from Goosebumps scared me when I was little.

ooh, I remember Dummy! :open_mouth:

Admit it everyone. THIS GUY creeped you out as a kid. King Ramses.

Two words: Ray Liotta.

When I was little I was afraid of toys that could move on their own, as well as animatronics. Though I was okay with toys that just talked. I have no idea why, but they just creeped me out so much and I would avoid them as much as I possibly could. I didn’t really get over that fear until I was like twelve. Which is weird, especially considering how much I loved Toy Story.

Well, I’ll admit mine is really pretty silly, but here it goes… :laughing:

The movie Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (2005). Yes, Burton’s remake. I always liked the original (aside from a couple scenes lol) but his remake freaked me out so bad in parts. :open_mouth: The dummy scene before the factory opened, in particular. :shake: But there were so many little touches to it that just grossed me out and I came away with a really freaked-out feeling inside, that weird cold feeling you get when you’re completely paralyzed with terror :laughing: To this day, I am still afraid of accidentally walking in on that particular scene, and it is the one movie you absolutely cannot get me to rewatch because of the memories I have of it. 8D

I have one, its kinda silly, but when i was little i would go to the movies and if i saw a poster or trailer that scared me, i would avoid going for a few months until they took it down. I cant really imagine that today. Since now i LOVE the movies 8D

That’d explain why your username is Movielover98! :smiley:

When I was little, I went to the House on the Rock in Wisconsin. There was one room where there were these mechanical guys that played music. Their eyes moved back and forth, and it was so terrifying! :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

I think it was this one:
[url]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2668/4209219560_13fce4cd2b.jpg[/url]
shudders :shake:

Anything involving evil toys, or things done to the human body.

Stuff like Child’s Play and the clown doll in Poltergeist for example.

Body-wise, Violet Beauregarde turning into a blueberry, and Han Solo being frozen in carbonite. I think it was the fact that once something had happened to the person, they were unable to do anything in their situation.