Thinkway's Toy Story Collection

Recently, a bunch of us hoped on over to PixarPost’s Toy Story 4 Merchandise thread to talk about replicas since the forum is mostly dead. I still pop in here once in a while but more of the activity is happening there.

Looks great, hopefully the prices of the '95 will settle after fans now have a dedicated replica - the old one was more of a fashion doll anyways. They also go above and beyond with their vision of the packaging, even though you probably wouldn’t see a window box with that much design in it if you’re buying a lamp.

From what I can see, this is a pretty good representation of Bo in the flashbacks from Toy Story 4. Her design was updated a little, most apparent in her more pale and glossy porcelain complexion in the first films. And I can see she has a much more happy resting expression as well.

Hi All,

I was active on this thread several years ago when these toys were first released. I’m in the UK and I bought Ducky and Bunny yesterday morning from Smyths Toys and decided to email them regarding Bo Peep. This was the response I received:

“Unfortunately we have no current plans to stock this item, please keep an eye on our website for updates.”

I don’t know whether this is a generalised response or whether there really are no plans to stock Bo Peep in the UK. Does anyone else have any news for UK distribution?

Hi there,

I got generally the same response. I’m torn as to whether go ahead and bite the bullet and pay the extra for shipping or hold off till/if Bo becomes available here. o_0 :~o

If Bo Peep doesn’t become available in UK stores, which US online retailer is the best to order from to get international shipping? I see Target doesn’t do shipping to the UK.

I’m in the UK, and I’m almost certain Bo will remain a US Target exclusive, which is why I bought her off eBay UK. She arrived 3 days ago and is an amazing addition to my full collection. I purchased the only one available in the UK from a seller who I made a Best Offer to.

Seriously, the size of the box she arrives in… it’ll necessitate a high cost of postage and importation fees if ordered from the US (the xost of import fees usually exceeds the actual postage). You’re going to be looking at over 200 UK pounds to get her, which is too expensive for what she is. And yet we all want her…

I was crafty and lucky, and I managed to pay under £200 for her. I wish you luck. :slight_smile:

I feared that would be the case! I may have to bite the bullet then as I received this email from Thinkway Toys confirming what you said:

“Thank you for your interest in our Toy Story Signature Collection Bo Peep. Unfortunately this item is not available in the United Kingdom. We currently do not have any plans to release this version in the UK. We manufacture by orders only so supply of toys depends on our retailers. At this time Signature Collection Bo Peep is sold to Target in the United States, regrettably they do not offer shipping to your country.”

It’ll be expensive but I have every Signature Collection toy released to date so I can’t miss out on Bo Peep!

So, when are we getting an updated collection Woody with removable badge, and updated Buzz with the 50 new phrases? :slight_smile:

I picked up a Rex toy recently. This one: amazon.co.uk/Disney-Collect … B00B9C911W

I have to admit it’s not quite what I was looking for. I’m not sure I needed the talking voice thing and I’m not sure he looks quite right. I’m not at all a toy collector though and not at all an expert :smiley: I’m just wondering if there’s a more accurate Rex out there or a better one? I’ve seen some stuff about the Toy Story Collection Rex - is that better? But hard to obtain right?

(As a side note, Rex is my fave character. He’s so funny and adorable :stuck_out_tongue: )

The disney store version is more accurate from a material perspective (hard shiney plastic), and I believe the scale might be more accurate as well. However the sculpt of the toy story collection version cant be beat, it used 3D printed data. Its just a shame the plastic is somewhat soft and translucent. Also seems a tad too large.

With how expensive the TSC Rex is nowadays, the Disney store version is probably a better alternative considering it has the moveable mouth the TSC lacks. The lowest I saw Rex once he became obsolete was $90 which I snagged instantly when I bought mine a few years back.

Anyone know any good substitutes for the TSC Dolly and Buttercup? I’m not interested in breaking the bank for such minor characters.

I’m not sure how cheaper/easier it is to find, but the Disney On Ice Buttercup that released a little after Toy Story 3 came out is pretty comparable in size and detail. I actually think the shape of the head is better than that of the Toy Story Collection Buttercup, as the seams are in different places. Only notable downside is that the eyes are flat patches instead of circular.

^Disney On Ice Buttercup on the left, TSC Buttercup on the right

Does this site have no spam filter?

No filter, no mods. This place is in ruins.

Does anyone have any more news on the Signature Collection Duke Caboom? I noticed that it’s specified as sold out on Target’s website and there are couple on eBay but this may be in preparation for formal release. Might this also be a Target exclusive in the US just like Bo Peep?

Hey, thanks for the heads up! I actually just made a profile and sent a request to the group to join. Here’s my page if anyone is interested - I just uploaded pictures of my entire collection

m.facebook.com/toys.tory.94402343

All the ones on ebay are scalper posts, as of now I have not seen one physical image of it besides the stock photos, I’d assume he’d start to come out closer to the end of August, Half way there!

Sorry for double post but Duke’s been officially spotted in 2 target stores in the US, he still has the screwed up hands but looks overall ok (though a little disappointing for 69$). Hoping we get Gabby Gabby next.

Duke Caboom Signature Collection Review is now on YouTube [url]Toy Story 4 Duke Caboom Signature Collection Review - YouTube

The size difference in Mattel and TSSC is way too staggering to ignore. I was lucky enough to order him off target today. I just hope that not only the rest of the TSSC get released outside the US but they make a proper Gabby Gabby.