Thinkway's Toy Story Collection

I feared that would be the case! I may have to bite the bullet then as I received this email from Thinkway Toys confirming what you said:

“Thank you for your interest in our Toy Story Signature Collection Bo Peep. Unfortunately this item is not available in the United Kingdom. We currently do not have any plans to release this version in the UK. We manufacture by orders only so supply of toys depends on our retailers. At this time Signature Collection Bo Peep is sold to Target in the United States, regrettably they do not offer shipping to your country.”

It’ll be expensive but I have every Signature Collection toy released to date so I can’t miss out on Bo Peep!

So, when are we getting an updated collection Woody with removable badge, and updated Buzz with the 50 new phrases? :slight_smile:

I picked up a Rex toy recently. This one: amazon.co.uk/Disney-Collect … B00B9C911W

I have to admit it’s not quite what I was looking for. I’m not sure I needed the talking voice thing and I’m not sure he looks quite right. I’m not at all a toy collector though and not at all an expert :smiley: I’m just wondering if there’s a more accurate Rex out there or a better one? I’ve seen some stuff about the Toy Story Collection Rex - is that better? But hard to obtain right?

(As a side note, Rex is my fave character. He’s so funny and adorable :stuck_out_tongue: )

The disney store version is more accurate from a material perspective (hard shiney plastic), and I believe the scale might be more accurate as well. However the sculpt of the toy story collection version cant be beat, it used 3D printed data. Its just a shame the plastic is somewhat soft and translucent. Also seems a tad too large.

With how expensive the TSC Rex is nowadays, the Disney store version is probably a better alternative considering it has the moveable mouth the TSC lacks. The lowest I saw Rex once he became obsolete was $90 which I snagged instantly when I bought mine a few years back.

Anyone know any good substitutes for the TSC Dolly and Buttercup? I’m not interested in breaking the bank for such minor characters.

I’m not sure how cheaper/easier it is to find, but the Disney On Ice Buttercup that released a little after Toy Story 3 came out is pretty comparable in size and detail. I actually think the shape of the head is better than that of the Toy Story Collection Buttercup, as the seams are in different places. Only notable downside is that the eyes are flat patches instead of circular.

^Disney On Ice Buttercup on the left, TSC Buttercup on the right

Does this site have no spam filter?

No filter, no mods. This place is in ruins.

Does anyone have any more news on the Signature Collection Duke Caboom? I noticed that it’s specified as sold out on Target’s website and there are couple on eBay but this may be in preparation for formal release. Might this also be a Target exclusive in the US just like Bo Peep?

Hey, thanks for the heads up! I actually just made a profile and sent a request to the group to join. Here’s my page if anyone is interested - I just uploaded pictures of my entire collection

m.facebook.com/toys.tory.94402343

All the ones on ebay are scalper posts, as of now I have not seen one physical image of it besides the stock photos, I’d assume he’d start to come out closer to the end of August, Half way there!

Sorry for double post but Duke’s been officially spotted in 2 target stores in the US, he still has the screwed up hands but looks overall ok (though a little disappointing for 69$). Hoping we get Gabby Gabby next.

Duke Caboom Signature Collection Review is now on YouTube [url]Toy Story 4 Duke Caboom Signature Collection Review - YouTube

The size difference in Mattel and TSSC is way too staggering to ignore. I was lucky enough to order him off target today. I just hope that not only the rest of the TSSC get released outside the US but they make a proper Gabby Gabby.

Where did you order your TSC Duke from? I’m not seeing him listed at target.com, although I finally picked up a Bo Peep TSC.

Duke came in for me yesterday. He’s a lot bigger than the mattel version but somehow less poseable which is a downside. He has no articulation at the wrist and you can’t turn his upper arm to the sides so he looks very awkward doing his arm raised pose from the movie. Tad disappointed in him the most out of everyone in the TS4 releases but he’s 1:1 scale at least. His box and accessories are pretty good though.

Does anyone know if it’s possible to swap the Takara Tomy Real Posing Buzz Lightyear head with the Toy Story Signature Collection head? To me, the Real Posing head is more movie accurate, and I wanted to swap them. But I don’t want to break anything.

hi all, i’ve been reading this thread for the past week and i have a few points to bring up
my woody that ive had for the last ten years (signature collection) has one leg longer than the other, is this normal?
i went to smyths in tallaght, ireland and they had the signature collection ducky and bunny. they had four bunnys and atleast one ducky. ducky was 35 euro and bunny was either 40 or 45 euro
lastly, i think i’m gonna email thinkway and suggest to them some characters for wave 5, obvious inclusions i can think of are Gabby Gabby, Giggle McDimples, and (going out on a stretch here) Trixie. obviously if they were going to do Trixie they wouldve probably included her for toy story ttf.
has anybody emailed thinkway recently, and if so what did they say?
P.S. how come the mods abandoned this place?

Haha that’s a great question, seems like everyone just jumped ship. Anyways, Woody should not have different sized legs. Thinkway has been great about replacements, but considering that it’s basically the whole figure, they MIGHT be able to work out some kind of replacement deal.

In the interest of attempting to restore at least some legitimate content to this forum, I’m going to comment on some things.

First, a thought on the range in general. I think Thinkway have a tendency to try too hard to use the electronics to fake the toys being alive, fruitless a task though that is, and the other aspects sometimes suffer as a result.

Utility Belt Buzz being discontinued around the time of Toy Story 4… Honestly? No big loss, considering he was a complete and total smeg-up. No grappling hook, no climbing pads (the belt would have probably had to be slightly bulkier in places compared to the screen to work those in, and the pads folding up is out of the question, but they would have been nice to have), and they couldn’t even get the buckle right - it’s supposed to constantly light up. But noooo, that was too simple for Thinkway. :unamused:

Bo Peep is a writeoff as-is. :imp: Thinkway should have known better than the idiot visual design team for Toy Story 4 (the ones who randomly changed Bo Peep to a more realistic flesh tone - which is LESS realistic for a porcelain doll! - and replaced her real sheep with ripoffs of Aardman Animation’s Shawn the Sheep)… Hopefully there will be a Toy Story 1 and 2-based “Classic Edition” to make up for it…

R.C… I wish they had made him genuinely radio-controlled instead of him being a fancy-schmancy overengineered infrared-controlled affair with a dummy radio mast. That way it would be easier to replace the controller were it to be missing. Has anyone reverse-engineered his infrared controls? Or am I better off opening him up and replacing the original control system?