Thinkway's Toy Story Collection

Signature Collection Ducky and Bunny now available on Amazon UK! Mine arrived, they are ginormous! Bigger than I anticipated, which is great as they are expensive. Lovely high quality plush fur and excellent audio quality from the internal speakers. Just waiting for Bo now to appear in England…

I mentioned it on PixarPost but there seems to be somewhat official confirmation that a TSSC Duke Caboom is being made.

Still no official word on Gabby Gabby but at least this doesn’t count out the other new TS4 toys from receiving TSSC treatment.

Caboom!

Here is the first sighting of the Duke Caboom Stunt Set Signature Collection from Thinkway.

First impressions: hmmm… a mixed bag!

Scale-wise at least the bike appears bigger than the 7 inch version currently available, which looks more accurate to the on-screen version. The bike looks the most accurate available with the translucent red flares on the rear exhaust, but it’s a shame that the flat silver isn’t chrome as it should be. And there are way too many visible screws which detracts from the feel for me, particularly as they are in the wrong places in some instances. (There should be an indent in the upper front side panel for the screw placement for example). Also the kick stand at the front of the bike doesn’t look like it can be retracted fully. Whole bike is also slightly wider than should be accurate?

Duke himself is a bit of a disappointment apart from his aforementioned size. The cape doesn’t appear to be fabric, mouth isn’t correctly sculpted open, he shouldn’t have cut joints on his upper thighs, hands are incorrectly sculpted (fingers should not be touching), and (like the bike) screw holes! Screw holes everywhere! The insides of his legs shouldn’t have any screw holes present at all, just holes on the insides of both feet. Honestly the only plus I see over the 7 inch version currently available is the size, the double jointed elbows and the presence of red trim around his boots (which, let’s face it can be painted on the current version).

Hmm. I’ll probably still pick him up but I kinda expected more for what will inevitably be an expensive toy. The box is lovely though, and I like the look of the pump-action launcher.

Thoughts…?

youtu.be/Vbv3_5P25Bc

Darn, it looks pretty good, its just a shame its so small. The thinkway one looks better from the waste up, but the lamp version got the dress better, despite not being cloth.

I’m also pretty mixed on the upcoming Duke Caboom. The box and the bike are, imo, the best parts of the set. Even though the lack of the chrome pain on the bike detracts from its accuracy, I’m glad they at least made the thrusters red. The launcher is also cool I guess with the Duke Caboom decals all over it. And now onto the bad…

Duke himself really breaks this whole “deluxe film replica” selling point the toy has. In the US, he’s currently slated to be $70 on release which is outrageous for a 7" figure in the same line where Ducky and Bunny, individually, cost less. In addition, his hexagonal hands to grip the stunt cycle is unnecessary considering both Mattel Dukes have hands that are able to hold onto the handlebars seamlessly. The lack of a fabric cape is another glaring omission.

I personally might pick up both the Duke Caboom Stunt cycle along with the Duke and Forky 2 pack from Mattel as a stand in to the closest accurate version of the character we may see atm. Both of those cost close to $30 in comparison to the $70 for the TSC Duke Caboom. If it ever goes on clearance, I’ll get the TSC version.

As of right now, Thinkway doesn’t have any plans to make a Gabby Gabby doll so it’s really anyone’s guess who the other two characters will be. There is a rumor that 2 other toys will be launching with Duke in the line around fall 2019.

I wish the lamp was bigger to scale with the TSC Bo or at least for the sheep to also be removable but it actually looks well done. I might end up picking one up.

Does anyone here have the whiff of a hint of whether or not the Thinkway Signature Collection Bo Peep is going to be for sale in the UK? I don’t want to pay hundreds of pounds over the RRP if she’s eventually going to appear. We’ve had Ducky and Bunny, but after trawling the net I see no sign of Bo anywhere?

Hi All,

I am thinking of Selling my Toy Story Collection (excluding the Pop Vinyls along the top) and have no idea what its now worth???

IMG_0273 (1).png

All of them are sealed in box (except Toy Story Collection Woody - he popped out to say howdy when I first got him)

The picture might be a bit small, but I have:
All the Toy Story Collection series, not including the new ones from TS4
1995 Bo Peep
Disney Store Zurg
Thinkway Sparks, Chunk & Twitch
Hawaii Barbie and Ken
Tour Guide Barbie
Thinkway Babyface action figure
Revolutech Buzz, Woody, Jessie
and other small bits and pieces

Any help and advice would be appreciated

i think your best bet would be to piece it out! so jealous of the TSC Belt Buzz and the Epoch Woody, I’d make offers for both but do not have the kind of money you’d get selling elsewhere :slight_smile: I’d say check eBay sold options for pieces you’re not too in the know about, but I think most of these would still be around the range you initially payed for them minus things like Belt Buzz and the Hamm bank. Good luck!!

I’d love the Hamm, Dolly and Mr. Pricklepants, but I don’t have the money for them based on what they’re going for on eBay lol

Super interested in the utility belt Buzz and Rex! I’m going to PM you.

I’m glad to see people still post on this thread. Question, is TSC RC breaking a common issue? Mine seems to work well in try me, where the button makes him lift up, but in Play Mode nothing happens. The remote has no light or anything, so it’s hard to know if it’s the remote or his play mode that is broken, but in any case he’s not working. Any tips?

Long time no see, everyone! I finally decided to get a Toy Story Collection Bo Peep. I can’t believe they actually made one after years of people asking for one back in the TS3 days… I guess all it took was Bo having a starring role in a fourth Toy Story movie. She’s a bit pricier than I would have liked, especially since she doesn’t really do anything, but the quality is top notch, and I’m pretty happy with her.

The sheep look great as well! They’re a somewhat soft plastic in that you can squeeze them, but they retain their shape much more easily than the average squeak toy, if that makes sense.

Bo decided to prove her worth by taking down some Toy Story villains:

And then she… uh… wait Bo no that is not a bad guy

BO STOP THIS OH MY GOD

Did this happen with anyone else’s? I’m not sure if that’s supposed to happen. Should I email Thinkway?

i wonder the same, i bet if we all just started using the toy story or pixar subreddit itd be fairly active

Recently, a bunch of us hoped on over to PixarPost’s Toy Story 4 Merchandise thread to talk about replicas since the forum is mostly dead. I still pop in here once in a while but more of the activity is happening there.

Looks great, hopefully the prices of the '95 will settle after fans now have a dedicated replica - the old one was more of a fashion doll anyways. They also go above and beyond with their vision of the packaging, even though you probably wouldn’t see a window box with that much design in it if you’re buying a lamp.

From what I can see, this is a pretty good representation of Bo in the flashbacks from Toy Story 4. Her design was updated a little, most apparent in her more pale and glossy porcelain complexion in the first films. And I can see she has a much more happy resting expression as well.

Hi All,

I was active on this thread several years ago when these toys were first released. I’m in the UK and I bought Ducky and Bunny yesterday morning from Smyths Toys and decided to email them regarding Bo Peep. This was the response I received:

“Unfortunately we have no current plans to stock this item, please keep an eye on our website for updates.”

I don’t know whether this is a generalised response or whether there really are no plans to stock Bo Peep in the UK. Does anyone else have any news for UK distribution?

Hi there,

I got generally the same response. I’m torn as to whether go ahead and bite the bullet and pay the extra for shipping or hold off till/if Bo becomes available here. o_0 :~o

If Bo Peep doesn’t become available in UK stores, which US online retailer is the best to order from to get international shipping? I see Target doesn’t do shipping to the UK.

I’m in the UK, and I’m almost certain Bo will remain a US Target exclusive, which is why I bought her off eBay UK. She arrived 3 days ago and is an amazing addition to my full collection. I purchased the only one available in the UK from a seller who I made a Best Offer to.

Seriously, the size of the box she arrives in… it’ll necessitate a high cost of postage and importation fees if ordered from the US (the xost of import fees usually exceeds the actual postage). You’re going to be looking at over 200 UK pounds to get her, which is too expensive for what she is. And yet we all want her…

I was crafty and lucky, and I managed to pay under £200 for her. I wish you luck. :slight_smile: