Thinkway's Toy Story Collection

I picked up a Buzz at Toys R Us. They were just put up recently, but all of the Buzz boxes were a bit squashed so it looks like they were packed too tightly. Despite being marketed as replicas, paint apps were a bit spotty, so compare them at the store if you can. They varied a bit, particularly in the eyebrows. I had to touch up the purple head cap to get it looking better. I had to return the first one because the red wing light wasn’t working, so check that out as well.

I was expecting better quality when the news first came up, but is a great buy at around $50.

Holy crap, I didnt know his waist was bendable until those pics. they really went the extra mile with this.

I did notice the paint job thing though, even in the promo shot you see some missing paint near his chin. sucks about your box.

I love how poseable he is! And his wings look cool, too. But, then again, for $50 a good quality toy is expected! Shame about the variation in paint jobs and the squashed boxes, but in the latter instance I guess whoever arranged them in the toy shop doesn’t understand how important it is to have these things in as good a condition as possible. Thanks for sharing those photos, Death Ray!

First pos! Anyway I was wondering if only buzz and the army men are being found right now. Beacuse Ive seen those in person but havent even seen any pics of the new ultimate woody. If anyone has bought one if you could post some pics that would be great!

Welcome oreo-94 enjoy your stay here! :wink:

I’m not so huge into Toy Story collectibles, but I wouldn’t mind having some for display purposes. I’m hoping to have a huge collection of Pixar stuff once I get a good living for myself, hopefully I’ll have a lot from every film, and even some stuff from the shorts, as hard as that would be to find.

According to the Disney Store site you still got a week until it ships. Though to be fair they still don’t say Buzz is available for preorder, yet it came out first, so I don’t know how them and retail stores are connected. But I think they’ll pop up in a week.

Still no luck finding Buzz on my end. : (
I thought for sure my Walmart would have them in by now. Will try Toys R Us and Kmart tomorrow.

also I found some info about everyones favorite spud who seems to have been lost in limbo.

“Speaking of keeping true to the original source, the new models for Mr. Potato Head and RC are going to be more real than ever! If Mr. Potato Head wasn’t funny enough already, all of his body parts will shoot out with a clap of your hands in the spud’s real life version.” I found this in the archives of this site.

You cant find Buzz? Stores are full of them here. Where are you located? Perhaps I can help you out. In the meantime, look at this pic. You can see Mr Potato Head, Jessie and Hamm legionsofgotham.org/pixarnews/wp … po2009.jpg

Im in Milford, Delaware.

And wow, I didn’t think they were making Ham yet. Jessie too, but it doesn’t look very accuate…maybe it’s a cheaper version and a 50 dollar one is still coming? Wonder why they havnt officially announced some of these. Seems worth mentioning to me.

They’re selling LGM’s? Gotta get some of those too.

Any idea if the new Woody doll will have the voice of Tom Hanks or Jim Hanks?

The 90s version had Jim’s voice. I understand they used Jim’s voice for the video games, but for the Woody doll they could have always used the recorded voices of Tom Hanks from the movies; yet Thinkway went with the voice of Jim Hanks for the Woody dolls.

thinkwaytoys.com/MccOurToysV … tSubCat=13
Thinkway’s Toy Story Collection

Toy Story Collection Rex is mentioned as 13" and the regular Rex is 18.25”? Guess it might be a mistake.

And since they are not listed on the site, I guess Mr Potato Head and Hamm are not from Thinkway; of course they could be updating that page later this year.

The “Buzz Lightyear Talking Action Figure” and “Woody Talking Action Figure” (Pull-String) appears to be similar to their original 90s counterparts.

Total 4 Buzz Lightyear toys (including the Ultimate one) and 3 Woody toys

In the comments section of the Pixar blog I heard the new woody uses Jim, unfortunately.

And Mr potato head IS Thinkway, look at the picture in my first post, he’s there with rest of the gang, with a Thinkway Toys logo.

Ham could be anybody (like Matel), but I have a hunch he too is Thinkway.

And Im not sure where your getting your 4th buzz and 3rd woody… the “talking” versions seem to be the cheaper versions. you have the cheaper ones, the expensive replica ones, and Buzz has the ultimate.

Edit found a pic of woody.

looks a bit better than he does in the promo pics to me. When I get mine I’d like to see if I can try and get a glass case similiar to the one Al’s might see about getting a more accurate stand too. one without a star, and hopefully be able to use his arms instead of his neck.

I don’t think I’ll be able to get Woody any time soon though. after Buzz I’ll only have 25 bucks, which I think I’ll use to get the army men.

Well Kyle if you wanted to pay price plus shipping i could pick one up for you but I think it would be cheaper and safer for the packaging to wait and find him in stores yourself. Im headed out soon to see what I can find at TRU. Hopefully i’ll find ultimate woody.

Yeah, I’ll just have to be patient and keep looking locally.

Edit: had my mom check Toys R Us, and they had both Woody and Buzz! I’ll be borrowing money to get woody. so assuming she has enough cash on her I’ll have Woody, Buzz, and bucket o soldiers in an hour. :slight_smile:

Well after getting to TRU I have seen all these toys. The RC, Aliens, and Rex looked cool but perhaps a bit more expensive then i can afford for them right now. Im hoping they will go on clearance at some point. I saw Buzz but Im waiting to buy him until i find one where the box is in better shape. I did however get Woody. I havent opened him yet but from what I can tell he is AMAZING. And Kyle, i dont know if it will work, but I have heard most Buzz sightings were from Target. You might try checking there. Even if they arent on the shelf they may have some in back.

Congrats Kyle! Make sure to post pics! Haha just wondering how old are ya? I think were about the same age. But anyways, I have a hunch that Perhaps Hamm and Potato Head will be a two pack?

Heh. I thought it was only me that the Woody replica doesn’t look exactly… accurate.

I need something to funish my desk, so I’m gonna pop in at Toys 'R Us on the weekend to see if I can stash some TS reps to show off…

You’re right, forgot about that. Guess they have yet to add him on their site list.

Well I didn’t mean the 4th Buzz is the cheaper one, just that there are 4 of them. But yeah the 3rd Buzz and 3rd Woody listed on their site appears to be similar to the 90s (cheaper) version.

thinkwaytoys.com/MccOurToysV … tSubCat=13

1. Toy Story Collection - Buzz Lightyear (Expensive) (12")

1. Karate Action Buzz Lightyear (No voice) (12")

3) Buzz Lightyear Talking Action Figure (appears to be similar to the 90s version) (12")

1. Ultimate Buzz Lightyear (More Expensive) (16")

1. [b]Toy Story Collection - Woody The Sheriff /b (16")

1. Sheriff Woody (No voice) (16")

1. Woody Talking Action Figure (appears to be similar to the 90s version) (16")

Got em, love em. Pics pending. Got some cool shots I’ll upload in a bit.

Oreo, I’m 21. If the mom thing threw you off, I drive, but she was already in that area.

Buzz is awesome. But because I got it from toys r us the box isn’t in the best condition. And I can definetly see a lack of quality control with the paint, stickers slightly peeling. But nothing too bad really.

Woody, i can say I think he does look better in person. But the main fault aside from the wrong facial expression, his arm articulation. Which is wired to say about a rag doll, heh. But he can’t lift his upper arms up at all really. Sure he’s got his elbows, but he can’t even bring his hands up to his hat.

I’m not sure how you could even fix that though. The alternative is to make it like the 90s one and have his arms constantly out, and least they natually go to his side now. Overall still worth it.

Army men, there’s nothing to say about them, there exactly what you’d expect. The only innacaracies I see is they don’t have the bent gun barrels and cheap looking bits of plastic from the molds, which is funny to complain about, because it’s basically saying it sucks that these are higher quality than the movie ones, heh.

What does expensive Woody say when out of the box? I still havent opened mine. Ah, nevermind then about the age thing. Im only 15.