Thinkway's Toy Story Collection

I don’t remember what he says out of the box, but its not like it matters, since I’m sure kids already demoed it in the store. you don’t have to open him to try him, his pull string can still be pulled.

I guess I need to read the instructions, because there’s supposed to be 2 modes, but I have no idea how to toggle between the two with nothing but a pull string, heh.

Edit:: I just realized I didn’t do a single shot of him with his hat on, haha. I’ll get on that.

Edit: ok, here’s a fun one.

haha nice shots! I opened mine up. Very nice! I did notice the arm issue but its ok. You can switch the modes on the panel located inside the doll. Howeve i noticed when on the play mode, it can talk by itself at any given time. But now that I have Woody I really wanna get Buzz

Yeah, I found the switch. not very convenient. I cant really try him out too much without annoying family. I wish these things had a volume adjustment, their usually too loud for my tastes. I remember with the 90s buzz I use to love it when he was almost out of battery, where you could still hear him but he was a lot quieter.

Also, I didn’t realize this until now, but Buzz has a similar switch hidden around his waist that opens up all of his additional phrases. again, I cant really try it. its nice that it has an easily accessible off switch though, in case you, say, wanted to deploy his wings without sound effects. Wish his lights still lit up though.

I assume your Woody talks when he’s alone because his mic picks up sounds. Buzz has the ability to turn off the mic, which I thought it was nice. Wonder why they didn’t get Woody that too.

So is Buzz worth the 50 bucks? How easy is it to put the wings onto the box? Sorry for all the questions lol. Toy Story has just always beena HUGE part of my childhood and these toys are my dream come true

I just had a thought. Have we ever had a Zurg scaled to these new figures? If not, that would be very cool to see

Absolutely. Buzz earns his price tag more so than woody, and probably any other toy in this line that will come out. its almost as if their trying to pack the rest of the toys full of features they never had in the first place in the movie just to make in the same price range as Buzz. I mean, woody doesn’t need 2 separate talking modes, Mr potato head shouldn’t need to electronics period, while Buzz is naturally 50 bucks just to get him as accurate as they did. I do think 40 would be more reasonable, but still, this is a must buy.

Their not going to make a better Buzz than this in my opinion. Not unless they manage to squeeze karate chop action and allow the purple buttons to make his helmet retract. articulation wise he’s leagues above previous Buzz’s, they’ve gone as far as they could without altering the basic proportions, or defying the laws of physics like the movie does, heh.

As for the wings, assuming you mean the cardboard ones, you just punch the tabbed slot opening, bend the tabs on the wings outward, and pull the wings out through the inside. their flimsier than I expected, but oh well. the box in general could have been better.

As for zurg, the only zurg(s?) I think we’ve gotten have been too small I believe. but I don’t think its likely we’ll get one of him in this line. he probably wont be in Toy Story 3 and that’s really what these are for, to get the brand name back on peoples minds. zurg isn’t near the top of characters people think of when they think toy story.

Sweet… great pics Kyle :slight_smile:, love that perspective shot of Woody between the legs of Buzz. Too bad Woody’s arms don’t have enough articulation as the 90s one.

So these are available in retail stores at $50 for both Woody and Buzz. Disney online store offers them at $65, any other online sites that offer them at $50 who ship internationally? One thing I am worried about is getting the Buzz packaging damaged during shipping.

I still do hope they release Zurg eventually in scale with these figures.

For some reason they packaged woodys certificate so that its bent. Are buzz, rex, RC and the aliens like that? I know the qrmy men have to be due to the container shape

No clue about the others, but I can tell you Buzz’s is not.

Good to know. I hope thinkway(or mattel) ends up producing a new accuarte bullseye and prospector. Thoise two have gotten practically no attention. I still wish Woody had some different sayings. He has some i didnt expect but hearing “somebodys poisoned the waterhole” wouldve been cool lol

does he really not have “somebody’s poisened the waterhole”? with that many sayings you’d think they’d have every one of the ones in the movie.

I think Bulls eye might be possible, but I kinda doubt it’ll happen. but he is in 2 and 3 unlike the prospector (I assume), so we’ll see. The thought of having the entire Woody’s roundup would be really cool, I just don’t see it happening.

i think if those two do get made it will be in the cheaper line. But yeah, with Woody, most of what he says is just random stuff like “where is everyone” if you stop talking or whatever. I didnt think thats what they meant by 50 sayings. Ive pulled his string in every mode and have ony come accross maybe 10 different sayings. Anyone else with woody been able to find all 50 sayings? Are there 50 real sayings or is it mostly just his talk back mode phrases like the one i mentioned?

I popped Woody on the auto mode with Buzz also and the two carried on a conversation back and forth for a bit. Then they started overlapping on the voices. Woody definitely has more than 10 sayings, and it seems to have some auto control sayings recognition.

Well when i say 10 sayings i mean movie sayings. Not stuff he says when he responds to you

He didn’t even say 10 things in the movie did he?

probably not but what he does say from the movie arent all things the in movie doll can say. I guess I was just hoping we’d hear more things the doll could say like the poisoned waterhole line.

Does anyone who has this buzz know what the red button on the left does? I cant figure out a use for it for the life of me. blue makes him say stuff, green toggles his mic, the red circle deploys his wings, but the other red one, nothing from what I can tell.

When in interactive/on mode, the blue button makes him say interactive phrases (i.e. what Buzz would say if he was conscious) while the red button makes him say his toy phrases

hmm I’m wondering if I should purchase these, but I don’t know about the price tag…are they worth it?

Ive tried it on both modes, the button does nothing on mine.

the main thing your paying for is the accuracy. they tried to make it worth it by throwing on extra voice modes, but that’s just a gimmick really. I’d say Buzz is worth it, Woody, not so much, maybe wait til he goes down a bit if he ever does? while I don’t have any of the other expensive ones, it looks to me that RC would be worth it, the rest not so much.

one thing’s for sure though, if you buy, don’t do so online, you’ll end up paying 65, where has you can get them as low as 40 in a store like Kmart (but more likely 50)

But these are Toys for collector’s display more than anything, if these will be just for play, that’s what the cheaper ones are for I think.