Thinkway's Toy Story Collection

I guess it’s because the UK (and any other country, for that matter) have had to go through a lot of trouble to get some of those toys. Like, a lot. It must feel nice to have the roles suddenly reversed. 8D Plus, they are enormously overpriced internationally. Woody, Jessie and Buzz retail for $90+ over here, Buzz can go for well over $120 and don’t even get me started on Rex, Bullseye and RC.
It doesn’t really bother me that these are UK exclusive. I’ve given up on buying stuff from Australian stores, it’s cheaper to just ship it from the US. The only thing I’m worried about is the fact that Amazon won’t ship them overseas, so I’ll either have to find someone to do it for me or pay for package forwarding.

I get they are happy the tables have turned but I know I was never happy when they couldn’t get something I felt bad for them and most members on here helped them find the items…Lets hope the favor is returned to those members not myself but members who shipped items to them Like Slink.

I think everyone outside of america finds it difficult to get certain toys (Aliens DS hamm…)
But i think its kinda weird that these are UK exclusive . I think they would be really big sellers in america,but thinkway would rather give americans Hawaiian toys.

I know seriously instead of wasting money on those Vacation short toys why not give us Bonnie’s toys.

That i don’t understand as well…I mean I can see another line of buzz, woody and jessie…but two new versions of them, within months, before christmas in lieu of new characters, makes no sense

Lee just tweeted that the toys will be available in America. Someone has there facts wrong. Only time will tell whether its Lee or Jenny.

OMG I worship Lee Unkrich he just gave my life a little sparkle of hope…I hope he is right. :neutral_face: :slight_smile: :smiley: :laughing:

From my previous post:

“This may sound cynical (or optmistic depending on how you interpret it)…but it wouldn’t surprise me if these toys are released to the USA. Jenny just said “no new toys”…but then when proof of the new toys comes to light on UK sites…all of sudden they are UK exclusives. Maybe it’s their way of hiding it…I really do not know. But so far, asking their customer service dept has seemed worthless, they either literally don’t know anything, or are lying.”

This is pretty much how I’ve been feeling about it. I don’t think its worth complaining, because I think they will be released in America afterall, and I probably won’t be able to buy them anyway. I always thought the whole “lineup hasn’t been finalized” thing was Jenny’s way of saying “Leave me alone, I don’t know anything.”

I just hope Lee knows what he is talking about, since I know he didn’t really have any involvement with the toy’s production.

I’m not seeing a reason why either should lie…and Lee has the higher probability of being mistaken

But i still think the “UK exclusive” idea is so retarded that I’m voting Lee is right

I don’t think either of them is lying, I just don’t think Jenny really knows what she is talking about. Not that I think Lee is any more credible, but my point is that one of them has to be wrong, and I’m hoping its Jenny.

Maybe its her way of saying “stop emailing me”. Very unprofessional to just say whatever you want, when you don’t know, or just straight lie though.

I dopnt have a twitter, but couldnt someone who does just tweet him and ask where he heard that they wouldnt be a UK exclusive?

ditto, i also lack twitter

I always hated those across seas not being able to get certain pieces easily. I love the franchise enough that I would like to see every one that want such to have the opportunity to do so.

I also do not like the exclusives as I am one of those completest type collectors. If I cannot get all of a small specialized collection because of policies like this one, I tend to sell them off an keep just a few pieces that I really want. I believe collectors should get what they want, not just buy for value down the road. When a manufacture switches to a different marketing strategy that limits future markets, they do themselves a disfavor as well as their customer base. I hope Pixar and Thinkway do not go tat directions. There is some very great potential it seems they are not able to focus to as of late.

So have any of you heard about a trixie??

When are the dolly, mr pricklepants and buttercup available. I have only got £40s so I might buy mr pricklepants and buttercup first. Mostly because dolly is a girls “doll”. I think my parents would be scared a bit if i bought a dolly with purple hair.

Oh yeah, have any of you guys saw on the Disney store USA, that with all the toy story figures you get a piece of chuckles and you build him up. Does this give us a clue to a new tsc toy. The pieces look rather big, especially the head and body. I’m from the uk so I don’t really know how big the pieces are !?

The Chuckles is kinda large, but def not to scale, and will cost over $60 to assemble all 5 pieces…

it’s prolly 4 inches tall when assembled…so where in there, about half scale

GOT A RESPONSE FROM VIVID’s CUSTOMER SERVICE

Dear Brian,

Thank you for contacting our consumer services department and for your interest in our products.
This range of toys will be available with our autumn and winter range that will appear in the retailers from September this year.
We hope this information will help you and please contact us again if we can be of any further assistance.

Regards

Consumer Services

Looks like amazon orders will be filled in September, which is when the TRU and other toy store of the UK should be getting their shipments

I just got a reply as well:

Dear Matt,

Thank you for contacting our consumer services department and for your interest in our products. This range of toys will be available with our autumn and winter range, and will be available in major toy shops and supermarkets.
Please contact us again if we can be of any further assistance.

Regards

Consumer Services

I replied asking them which characters are available and if they are UK exclusive .