Thinkway's Toy Story Collection

Yes, and it doesn’t help that Thinkway;s customer service says one thing and the director of TS3 says the opposite confidently. Or that thinkway says no new toys until 2012, two weeks before their UK distributor and amazon.uk add them…now suddenly they are out next month…

They seriously have like 3 toy lines, keep your house in order…mattel has how many?

Just had this reply to the email I sent Amazon.co.uk:

"I understand that the product description matches exactly to what it should be if it was in the collection

However, according to the information we received from the manufacturer, these three toys you mentioned are not part of the Thinkway Toys’ Toy Story Collection.

Unfortunately, we’re not able to give you any contact information for that particular UK distributor. However, we would recommend searching for this information using one of the online Web search engines; some search engines have long lists of distibutors websites.

The information currently displayed on the product’s information page is all that has passed on to us from the manufacturer.

I’ve searched our catalogue, but the toys Trixie, Mrs Potato Head and Zurg you asked about are not currently listed. I can’t guarantee if or when they will be sold by us.

However, we are constantly adding to our catalogue listings, so we would encourage you to check back on our website soon, to see if these items have been made available.

We will do our best to obtain these items from the suppliers in future and hope you are successful in purchasing the same.

I apologise for any inconvenience caused due to this unavailability."

These toys have to be part of the TSC. Thinkway must have just not given the full product information when sent to Amazon which is why they’re saying they are not part of it.

What a surprise, thinkway not even given their retailers and distributors complete, accurate info…a month before they hit the market no less

I would say that it is possible these aren’t TSC, and they are possibly off scale and part of the normal thinkway line (which includes the smaller rex, bullseye, chunk, sparks, twitch, etc) but the key word in the description is CERTIFICATE OF AUTHENTICITY

The only way these aren’t TSC, is if since they are exclusive to UK or something, they simply don’t call them that

Those toys of Dolly, Mr.Pricklepants, Buttercup. Are 100% Toy Story collection. There not in the line with small Rex and Twitch also others. There was a list of what this guy saw at a toy fair. And here it is.

"A zurg was presented using a sculpt made for the TSC line but he has been moved to the U Command line. Has ion blaster.

Mr Pricklepants-comes in box resembling theater curtains

Big Baby-modelled after what he looked like when he belonged to Daisy, no details on box

Twitch-Said to be the same sculpt as the old one but with a better paint job and staff

Dolly- no details

Buttercup- no details"

So he first starts talking about the U-command zurg( Which i’m upset cause the Zurg was original going to be Toy Story Collection). Next he talks about the Toy Story Collection, i don’t have it here but he also talked about seeing the Hawaiian vacation toys. Now this was only seen at the UK Toy Fair, which means we will probably see these toys here in North America(It doesn’t matter what think way says). Also just to prove it even more(only if Jenny is not lying to me) i sent the pictures of these toys to Jenny and i asked her(with much detail) are these Toy Story Collection toys? She said “Yes, these toys are Toy Story Collection. The Toys are only for the United Kingdom at this time.” So i’m exited to get these toys in North America! :mrgreen:

I did a lot of research… LOL :nerd:

She said at this time? Or ever? Sometimes they say “there are no plans for wave 3 at this time” and that means, it isn’t happening but we might change that…maybe they are considering a US release, but i wouldnt assume one

Yup thats what she said. I sent her 2 messages when this fourm site found the 3 pictures. Sent her all 3 and she said “at this time”. Yea i couldn’t believe it when i read it also. But yea pretty exited! But all i want is Mr.Pricklepants…

Asked Jenny about the TSC items, just got this email…

"Dear Cam,

Disney Store USA will feature these items online and will have a very small amount which should be available in mid to late Oct.

Regards,

Jenny Sze

Customer Service

Tel: 905-470-8883 Ext. 248

Toll Free : 1-800-535-5754"

And to all the people in the UK who were happy that the US wasn’t getting these, IN YOUR FACE. U.S.A. ROCKS BABY!!!

I refuse to excited until I see them on the website…this may just be another in line of thinkway BS

A very small amount?

Are they gonna be limited release everwhere? At least it looks like you guys in america won’t have to pay stupid prices on ebay :slight_smile:

Well, everybody needs to be ready for these babies to go on sale in mid october. I doubt they’ll get sold on in a day, but you never know.

Their disney afternoon vinylmation (limited to 1000) sold out in 12 minutes at 2 am…

anyhting can happen

For clarity can you post the email you sent to them?

Jenny,
The director of Toy Stoy 3, Lee Unkrich, just said on Twitter that the Toy Story Collection, Dolly, Buttercup and Pricklepants, will be released in the US. Is this true? Has anything changed?
Thanks!
-Cam

Holy fudge if these do go on disneystore I better be ready guess I better start saving money so I can order up all 3.But I think these will not sell out fast because a lot of parents will just order the cheaper versions for the children which are the DS versions.I do hope they only cost 29.99 each because if they are 59.99 or even 64.99 I will not be able to order them all at once on my card.

There 19.99 pound price tag should put them around $26 in the states, which means they will most likely be 24.50 or 29.50, because thats how the disney store prices items. I highly doubt items going for approximately $32 in britain (which has the VAT) would be $65 each here, so that I wouldn’t worry about.

I’d more worry about a limited release…I don’t agree that these “won’t sell out fast”

Well if they do have them that cheap I should be able to order all 3 right away.

We need someone with no job on here to just watch the Disney Store website (preferably without blinking) and text all of us when they go on sale. And then we can crap our pants trying to get to the nearest computer with our credit card in hand. People, make sure your credit card numbers are easy to read. If not, I recommend you order a new credit card. Once we have purchased said items we can brag to the people in the UK that we have successfully purchased the “UK EXCLUSIVE” Dolly, Pricklepants and Buttercup for reasonable prices.

Maybe someday the UK will get an exclusive. It will probably be “Toilet Training Buzz”!

Well I check the Forums everyday about 2 or 3 times if I have time if we all just stick together and keep each other posted once they are online we will be some of the first to know…The money will be no problem because if it is this extreme I will get a relative to loan me the money and I can pay them back.

I thought about selling my disney beanies as well, they aren’t going that high anywhere and most are still available at my disney store…

Plush one day i’ll have kids, rather have them have beanies to play with than my TSC items, especially if they are limited

My only fear is how limited they are…DS had 1000 Disney afternoon vinylmations sell out in 12 mins at 2 am