Toy Story 3 Critical Reviews

Agreed that critical reviews can make or break a movie for certain parts of the audience - but I also agree that anything over 90% on RT is going to sound good to the general public. And if anyone actually reads Armond’s “review”, they’ll just be scratching their heads over it, anyway. :laughing:

Toy Story 3 is now at 98% at RT. :frowning:

I liked 99% better…

98% is still pretty fantastic! :smiley:

On a lighter note, Kevin Carr from 7M Films wrote an absolutely glowing review of Toy Story 3! He’s not really anyone famous or important that you should know about, and I doubt what he says actually weight or influence, but I still love this guy because his writing made me smile and he basically summarizes the reason why Pixar is so amazing.

[url]http://www.7mpictures.com/inside/reviews/toystory3_review.htm[/url]

Concerning Ebert’s review, it is true that the main emotional, human period of TS3 is the last part, but there is a lot of that in the first sequence, and much of what we see at the little girl’s bedroom and Lotso’s groups story is emotive. In fact, a large part of the earliest member’s own reviews in the other stickied thread is just dripping with tears.

I guess in the first two movies, there was an ‘evil’ incorrigible kid and an
‘evil’ incorrigible toy collector. Ok, so there wasn’t an evilty incarnate homo sapiens this time around. Actually, come to think of it, in TS2, in addition to the selfish toy collector, there was Stinky Pete, who turned out to be black-hearted in a twist near the end of the story, and Zurg, who really didn’t factor into things much. Still, the cards seemed stacked against our friends in that installment and it made for a fine finish. I didn’t get all excited and emotional in the [spoil]incinerator scene, sorry. Maybe that’s where Roger got derailed from the Orphan caboose.[/spoil]

Oh, I read Mr. Ebert’s review of How to Train Your Dragon, an excellent movie, and he seemed confused as to whether to call it such, and didn’t even mention the magnificent characterization of the Dragon. It got a super rating, and I don’t feel he really liked it. He sort of shrugs his shoulders in his recent reviews of animated movies like he’s saying “Oh it’s ok I guess, go see it if it’s your bag”. Poor Roger.

If I always need constant approval from other people just to watch a movie, then I’d never learn to value my own judgment. And, yes, this even includes famous critics. :\ Honestly, I don’t even care if some famous movie critic that I’ve never even heard of gives my favorite movie a bad review or something. That’ll never stop me from enjoying it and being part of the fandom for it.

And, personally, I only care about my own opinion. shrugs But that’s just me.

Chester A. Bum reviews Toy Story 3! I was really hoping that Doug Walker would have done it in his Nostalgia Critic guise, though. :frowning: But at least he seemed to love the film.

The only thing he said about it was Slinky’s voice sounded different. Hmmmm, I bet he had some help from Wikipedia.

thatguywiththeglasses.com/videol … oy-story-3

twitchfilm.net/reviews/2010/06/t … e-year.php

I saw it today, I’ve been waiting so long for it! ^^

I thought it was hilarious. “You’ve got a friend in me…[spoil]BURN ALIVE! BURN IN HELL![/spoil]” “I was played with once!” “But Jessie the cowgirl doesn’t mind, because Spanish people are hot!” (You guys knew that one would come up with me. XD)

Also, the NC includes a clip of Jessie’s back story in his new “Top 11 Coolest Cliches” list.

Actually, he didn’t seem to love the film, he thought it was just “good” and too dramatic.

Also, Slinky’s voice sounded almost identical to Jim Varney’s, he probably said it sounded different just to draw attention to the change of the voice actor.

Is it strange that I like him a little bit less now that he didn’t fully appreciate the movie? :laughing:

He didn’t say it was TOO dramatic, just that it was very dramatic and a huge jump from the tone of the last two films.

In his words: “JEEZ, LIGHTEN UP!” He did say this while in character, but still, you can see what he means.

At the risk of using cliched hyperbole, Australian critics are raving about Toy Story 3! :smiley:

Leigh Paatsch of The Daily Telegraph gave it 4 1/2 stars out of 5, and had much praise for it:

He also complimented the preceding short film:

Paul Brynes of Sydney Morning Herald’s review can be read online, but here are some choice quotes:

He also made an interesting comparison between Pixar and ‘the rest of the Western animated studios’.

Good on ya, Pixar! :smiley:

CLICK HERE TO READ ON THE PAPER’S WEBSITE:
santamariasun.com/film/

Haha, that was hilarious! Who is this guy? I laughed so hard, I need to watch more of him! And the evil monkey part was just… pure epicness.

[spoil]" “I don’t ever want to grow up!” But then college is like, “We got girls!” “Oh, hell with these.” :laughing: [/spoil] (spoliers just in case you want to watch the review with a fresh outtake.)

Yeah, the Nostalgia Critic is awesome! I love his reviews for bad movies, but I do wish that he did one for Toy Story (he notes that it is one of his favorite films).

Toy Story 3 is back to 99% on Rotten Tomatoes! :slight_smile:

AWESOME! I was hoping it would get back up to that, that’s the highest you can get with bad reviews.

Hey. uh, here’s a review from my local news station. Makes me wish all reviewers thought like this guy with this movie. :smiley:

Watch the video on the page. wfaa.com/news/entertainment/ … 84619.html