Toy Story 3 Critical Reviews

I don’t know why, but whenever it’s almost time when a new Pixar film comes out, I feel really nervous - no matter how positive the reviews are. :slight_smile: It’s kind of weird, but now I’m almost used to it.

Roger Ebert hasn’t done a review yet.

This worries me deeply.

An absolutely thrilling new review:

cinemablend.com/reviews/Toy- … -4659.html

Roger will do a review, don’t worry. I imagine he’ll publish it Friday as the movie comes out.

rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbc … /100619990

Happier with jokes and action than character and plot?! No, it can’t be! YOU’RE LYING, EBERT!

Exhilarating, genius, enjoyable, EPIC. Great job to Lee Unkrich and Co. Gonna write my full review soon.

35 reviews in, still 100% fresh, with a 8.7

What a trilogy! :sunglasses:

I read this summary from a review on another site:

“Suffice it to say, it’s proof of how much we love these characters that Toy Story 3 breaks your heart like you’ve never had it broken before."

Better have your Kleenex tissues handy, folks!

I know exactly how you feel. I know it’s kind of a silly thing to feel nervous about too, all things considered - but I absolutely can’t help it.

TS3 is officially Certified Fresh on RT with a perfect 40/40! :smiley:

41 now! :smiley:

And it’s even better that the only film it’s opening against has only 1 fresh review and 8 rotten (Jonah Hex).

rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbc … /100619990

Here is Ebert’s review. It seems to me like it’s his least favorite Pixar film, or one of them at least. He was dissapointed by it, but still gave it a three-star review. This really worries me.

I think Ebert missed something in this movie. I would not have called it a “jolly, slapstick comedy” at all. I think it’s even more mature than the first two films by a landslide.

Ah, he’s just a jerk. I disregard him all the time. Leonard Maltin is the only critic who is consistently right.

Yeah, I never go by what Ebert says anymore. He seems a bit bitter and grumpy, truth be told!

Why are you so worried about what Roger Ebert says? I can understand following the overall review trend, and being excited at the fact that it is STILL at 100% on RT, with at least 56 reviews counted, and an average of 8.7/10. But one single review won’t make or break the film, and it certainly won’t diminish my enjoyment, or change my expectations.

9/10 and 4.5/5 stars from ign.com review XD [url]Movie Reviews, Trailers, Interviews, Wikis & Posters for Movies - IGN

Roger Ebert is the god of all critics, IMHO. He has only ever made two real mistakes.

1. Applauding the theatrical version of LSOH without so much as even mentioning the real ending (the one that gives the entire film a purpose).

2. Calling The Rugrats Movie nothing but a series of poop jokes.

Considering his overall track record, I’m worried he could be right on this. Or it could turn out to be another Rugrats Movie where he misses the point entirely. Either way, I’m worried now.

Such a drama queen you are, who cares about one critic? And besides, he rated it fresh, so stop worrying, see the film, and THEN have an opinion… what’s the use of worrying with all these great reviews coming in? :open_mouth:

Then I would suggest that you not bother seeing the movie. Seriously. If someone else’s opinion is more important to you than your own, you are bound to find the experience dissapointing, and life’s too short to subject yourself to that.