Toy Story fan commentary - 10.20.2008

Can i join in for part of it?

I could probably do it over 31st-1st, and we could have a new year celebration

Maybe we can squeeze you in some how. BUt I hope we get a chance to hear you do a commentary.

Gosh, is no-one else going out and getting drunk on New Year’s Eve? Or is because of the timezones thing? :laughing:

Yeah, anyway, I unfortunately do have plans to celebrate the New Year, so I won’t be in at that time. If everyone else can make it, I’m willing to forfeit my place- there’s no point delaying it for just one person, as much as I’d love to take part in the Toy Story commentary. Since you’re free, WALL-E, you can join in instead if you’d like.

WALL·E - I don’t know if you can be part of the recording of the Toy Story commentary. JesusFreak is in line to take lizardgirl’s place, and thedriveintheatre would then take JesusFreak’s place as first substitute. Perhaps you could be the second substitute. In any case, you’re welcome to join us before and after we record the commentary (to celebrate the new year, for example).

So I won’t be in the commentary unless JesusFreak doesn’t turn up? :frowning: Well, I understand I have to follow the rules, but if that’s the case, I hope he lets us know whether he can make it as soon as possible. (Sorry, I hope I don’t sound too bossy… :slight_smile:)

Yeah… that’s the way things work when you’re a substitute, TDIT. But you never know what might happen. The way I got to be in the Toy Story commentary was because I was a sub, but then a couple of people dropped out so I got a place. In any case, you’re welcome to join in on us in the pre-commentary conversations on Skype to say hello and give us any tips.

So lizardgirl isn’t going to be in it now? And it’s going to be on that time on the 31st that Peter posted? But that’s New Year’s morning for me… oh well. I’ll just have to make sure to go to bed straight away after midnight. Unless it’s possible to move it to 30 mins - 1 hour later, perhaps? :slight_smile:

thedriveintheatre - If you become the first substitute then if any one of the five commentators doesn’t turn up, you’ll be in the commentary. However you’re not the first substitute quite yet. lizardgirl is still technically in the commentary, because we haven’t yet officially decided to do the commentary when she can’t make it. We could find a time to do the commentary when somone besides lizardgirl can’t make it. I’m not sure how to decide who will be left out, if we have to leave someone out. We can either choose someone at random, or use the results from the preferencing system to choose someone (thedriveintheatre, since you ranked Toy Story the lowest, that would be you). It’s also possible that Rachel’s or someone else’s schedule will clear up a bit so all eight of us can be free at the same time.

Edit: Because we’ve been having trouble finding a time to do the commentary, I’d like to announce that we’re going to do the Toy Story commentary with five commentators, and no substitutes. I’m sorry to disappoint you JesusFreak and thedriveintheatre. However I’d also like to announce that we’re doing two Toy Story commentaries. The second Toy Story commentary will take place sometime after Mitch and Pixar.rocks return, so they have the option of being in it. If there’s room, people who did the first commentary can participate in the second Toy Story commentary. If a number of people who did the first commentary want to fill a smaller number of spots available in the second commentary, we’ll draw names out of a hat (or roll dice).

Edit: Here are some possible times for the first Toy Story commentary:

Edit: These times were old. Please see this post.

qnxgnxamy: That’s okay, then. I hope to participate in the second commentary, good luck with the first one! Mitch and Pixar.rocks are on vacation? :neutral_face: I didn’t know that… any idea when they will be back? :question:

Sorry, I think I’ll pass since I won’t be a participant for this one. :wink: Yes! I can sleep in after my NY celebrations! Muahahaha…Have fun trying to get up early! :smiling_imp: I’m such a sour grape. :stuck_out_tongue:

My free times again:

21:00 on Dec 29 UTC

21:00 on Jan 2 UTC

03:00 on Jan 3 UTC

21:00 on Jan 3 UTC

03:00 on Jan 4 UTC

Not very many, I know. I’m usually free every afternoon, but I’ve committed to babysitting at that time of day during the week for the school holidays. I can sometimes get on the computer even if I’m babysitting, but as for a commentary, no dice. But I’ll update if I get any news. Oh, and I don’t mind staying up till 11:30pm or even midnight on some nights, if that helps, but it would depend on what I’m doing the next day.

thedriveintheatre - Hey, I might not have to get up on New Year’s morning, anymore. But I really don’t mind getting up early, as long as it means getting this done. :stuck_out_tongue: But still, you’re welcome to say hello if you’re free.

is there a limit to how many peple you can have in a skype conversation?

So, wait a second. I’m confused. :laughing:

It’s not certain that we’re doing it on the 31st, then? Are the times that you listed, Peter, inclusive of the timetable I gave you before? So if that’s the case, I can make those times, right?

The idea of two Toy Story commentaries should solve the timing problems, hopefully.

thedriveintheatre - Pixar.rocks was busy with school until recently (she said her vacations start on the 20th of December), I don’t know when she’ll be back. I’m not sure what’s been keeping Mitch busy recently.

WALL·E - I think my internet connection can handle up to ten or eleven people in a Skype conversation.

lizardgirl - We’re not going to do the commentary on the 31st anymore. Yes, I took into account the timetable you gave me, so you should be able to make those times, unless your schedule has changed.

Okay, perfect. As far as I’m aware, my schedule hasn’t changed.

well i can record, I have the tools.

WALL·E - If you’re available you can show up at the appointed time and be a substitute if you want; the same applies to JesusFreak and thedriveintheatre. However the number of commentators is capped at five. The more people there are in the commentary, the harder it will be for the listener to keep track of who’s who, and the harder it will be for the commentators to say what they have to say.

I’ll be dropping in and out, however.

Peter - That’s alright. I really don’t have a ton of free time in the next couple weeks, anyways. But I’ll try to show up as a substitute when there is a set time.

WALL·E - There’s also the matter of having to do a practice before you can do a feature. I already said that there won’t be any more practices before the first Toy Story commentary, and I don’t want to go back on what I said. It wouldn’t be fair to Rachel, who already expected to be able to commentate (If we have another practice, WBoon would take her spot as a commentator). We’ll definitely have another practice after the first Toy Story commentary. Do you mind waiting until then?

I made a deal with my sister (the one without kids) so I won’t have to babysit on Saturday, so if need be she can go over there and do it instead. So I’ll take the chance and say that I’ll be free all day this Saturday from 7:30am - 11:30pm. Maybe I could even start it earlier, if need be. Hopefully this frees some time up and we could commentate when it will be Boxing Day in the US.

Remember to check this thread every day and let Peter know ASAP which times are and aren’t suitable for you guys.

Here are the updated times when we can do the first Toy Story commentary:

Edit: These times were modified. See this post.