Toy Story Replicas (No trading-related posts please)

thought i would post a pic of my new zurg and as you can see i popped in three yellow balls into his blaster
IMG_5661.jpg

on a roll today so here is my jolly chimp too.
IMG_5664.jpg

Wish I had a chimp. So expensive

got mine from a guy in the US, he’d been clearing out his dads loft and found it still in the box, mint condition, guess i got lucky with this one, great seeing him clash his symbols and can see why he was chosen for his film role, great security guard lol!

@ Andy1273
Andy, you’re chimp looks in fantastic shape! And if it still works, then that is worth a lot of money! Great find! Also, what did you use for the yellow balls for Zurg’s ion blaster? I’ve been trying to find miniature yellow NERF balls, but I can’t find any.

yep chimp all works perfect with original box too!

for the yellow balls i went down to my local hobbycraft shop and bought 3 polystyrene balls and painted them yellow with acrylic paint.

[url]http://direct.hobbycraft.co.uk/products-Habico-Pack-of-Three-4cm-Polystyrene-Balls_236446.htm[/url]

the balls i used were 3cm across, they dont fit right into the blaster but do wedge in at the end.

oops hope i have’nt broken the site rules by posting that link?

Hi there, I love to spend the weekend printing and building props for my toys.
Sad I know but it’s cheaper than going out and having real fun.
This week I added to my collection by constructing some not 100% accurate props.
They are easy to make and fun for the whole family.
If you want to make them please let me know.

Finally ordered Zurg got him for 18.54 from DS online.

I like your eye to detail specially the fry stains on the container lol :slight_smile:

I love your icon great to see a fellow Doctor Who fan. :smiley:

[/quote]
I like your eye to detail specially the fry stains on the container lol :slight_smile:
[/quote]
For the inside you have to print on both sides. I think it could do with more oil stains but it’s not something many will spot. I am please you did :smiley:

As little_chef previously stated, we are fully enforcing our No Trading Rule as of 14th February.

Our rationale for why we are being firm on this rule is simple: This forum and the Pixar Planet Network operates across multiple jurisdictions through multiple countries and is run on a non-commercial basis. By allowing trade (either monetary or non-monetary), we open our organisation to legal exposure. As a non-profit, non-commercial entity, we need to minimise our legal exposure as much as possible. Therefore, we have set up this rule, and subsequently enforcing it now, in the interests of our members and our operations.

There has been consultations with our legal counsel since several events pertaining to trade of Toy Story replicas back in 2010. We have taken action and we are taking action in consultation with our legal counsel, and our rules and actions are appropriate to our legal advice. Yes, we could still allow trade and place up disclaimers and come up with trusted trading systems but a) the forums’ main purpose is for Pixar discussion, not trading, and b) even if all these disclosures or systems are applied, our exposure to legal risk is still there.

Furthermore, Pixar Planet also maintains a relationship with Disney-Pixar and The Walt Disney Company, and as these relations are a core interest for Pixar Planet through providing interaction between fans and the studio, from our news blog to community activities. We have been advised by our legal counsel that trading of “replicas” on the forums provides a conflict of interest with our relationship with Disney-Pixar, and our No Trading rule further reflects on that.

We’re taking action per trusted legal advice and we’re putting our foot down on this. This is as much will divulge about our operations in regards to this issue and we feel this is enough information to explain to you our actions.

Regardless if you think my staff and our operations are “power playing” with this thread, regardless you think we are a “dictatorship”, and regardless if you feel that we’re suppressing your “rights” to trade, it doesn’t change the fact that we’re going to enforce this rule. It’s for us staff to worry about how “popular” the forums are, not yours. We know this is a popular thread, but even in light of this, we’re still sticking to our No Trading rule. To be perfectly frank, if your main and/or only interest on these forums is trade of Toy Story replicas, it’d be in your best interest to find a new avenue to trade your replicas, and we wish you the very best in your endeavour.

We will shut this thread down with no hesitations if our No Trading rule is not respected in any way. We will enforce our processes in violation to our rules which you accepted to adhere to in signing up to this forum. Our main priority is to maintain a safe community to harbour discussion for Pixar, and we have made these executive decisions. Even if you disagree with them, we ask you to respect our decisions and follow this No Trading rule.

I can completely respect the no trading rule here on the pixarplanet forums. Therefore, if anyone would like to trade and deal, just ask me for my email address and we can do trades off and away from the forums. That way we will be following the rules and not breaking them. Feel free to email me. Other than that, let’s just talk Toy Story.

So my Bo Peep finally arrived today (I bought one off eBay in September of last year but the person never actually posted it so I had to go through the whole PayPal dispute process and ended up just getting my money back. I bought another one last month).
It’s way too dark for photos at the moment, so I’ll post a picture tomorrow.
I actually have no idea which Bo Peep it is, I thought it would be the Thinkway version with the cloth cap but the head and the bonnet are actually sculpted from the same hard plastic, and the hat isn’t removable.

Meanwhile, I have absolutely no idea what’s going on with my Zurg. I ordered him on the 10th of January, he shipped out on the 12th and… hasn’t show up yet. I’ve checked the UPS tracking pretty much every day since it was sent out and the info just stops on the 14th, when it was processed into Australia, and picks up again on the 6th of February saying that ‘multiple errors exist in the address label’. The latest update was on the 15th saying that the package was ‘abandoned by the sender and receiver’ and that UPS is trying to obtain the complete shipping address. :open_mouth:

Try to contact USPS, they might give you an answer, maybe it’s stuck at the customs, who knows.

If your bo peep has the head + hat sculpted together means it’s the barbie from TOY STORY ON ICE :slight_smile:, this is not the thinkway toys version!

I just wanted to share a few of my completed replicas with you guys. Enjoy and let me know what you think!
(P.S.) Props to member “rev.eggy” for sending me pics of small fry and super nova burger!

Mutant Toy: Hand-In-The-Box

Mutant Toy: Pterodactyl

Mutant Toy: Roller Bob (Above View)

Mutant Toy: Roller Bob (Below View)

Pizza Planet: Small Fry and Super Nova Burger (Props to rev.eggy for photos)

I feel like I have to ask this regarding the trading embargo. It says at the bottom in bold “We will shut this thread down with no hesitations if our No Trading rule is not respected in any way” which makes sense and is perfectly understandable, as we’ve all been given fair warning. My concern is, it never fails that over the course of our discussion, we’ll have new members that join and will not read through all of the pages of information before posting things, and what I would like to know is, should we be worried about the thread being shut down if something like that happens, where a new member simply posts about wanting an item, or will a moderator be willing to amend the title of the thread to indicate this No Trading Policy? I think we as a community can do a good job of informing new users of the rules regarding that as they come in and ask these inevitable questions, but I just want to make sure we won’t have to worry about someone making a post without knowing, and having the whole thread be shut down without any notification. I love this thread, and would hate to see it removed, as there just aren’t that many active forums out there where people discuss these toys, and it would be a shame to lose that.

Yeah, good question!

Pixarfan09, roller bob is excellent!