Transformers 3

The problem is that I think his style is the result of mixing big budget + no talent.

But he does have talent. He wouldn’t be getting these big budgets if he didn’t. He just falls victim to self-indulgence a lot.

BTW, a trailer was released for this last month if anyone didn’t know
youtube.com/watch?v=3H8bnKdf654

Yes, I saw it and it looks better than the second, but the teaser from the first one was pretty much like that.

Chevy’s released this amusing tie-in that’ll be shown during the Super Bowl
youtube.com/watch?v=9hwbS4vk7EQ

Michael Bay, I believe, focuses on a lot of special effects than the actual qualities that make the movie good. I love action, but there comes a point where too much is too much.

^ And when the effects are good, that’s not as much his own triumph than that of ILM.

Well as I said on the thread I mistaikenly put up, I’m kind of interested.

Of course the problem is the first two didn’t really interest me much at all plus Bay is pretty much dirt in the Transformers fandom. I think the only director more unpopular on taking on an established franchise not his own may be the one who decided to take on Avatar: TLA and failed HORRIBLY. (Though Transformers is far older).

(Seriously, how do you get a guy supposedly good at directing kids, and according to ‘behind the scenes’ clips- get a kid who practically -is- Aang in personality as well as martial art skills, and still mess up? Granted Katara and Sokka were terrible. And Zhao. But that’s off-topic).

In any case, I kind of wonder if the fact I have not seen the first two and do not want to as well as the fact my only knowledge of Transformers canon is the ‘Transformers Animated’ series, and whether I would even GET what’s going on because of my lack of experience with the Transformers films. I can’t really say whether I thought they sucked but I just wasn’t interested in going (because… they didn’t look great to me) and that will probably mean I won’t have a clue. Still apparently the humour the transformers fandom hates is going to be far less in this one. So… some hope?

Using the moon-landing looks like some epic-crack right there. Seriously. Kind of looks like fun. But since the likelihood of me following it ois almost nil given I haven’t seen the first two… yeah.

I guess we’ll see what happens when it comes. out. So far, I’ve only seen the moon landing teaser, but thats about it.

Chances this movie will suck: 110%
Chances I’ll see it anyway: 100%

Hey, I’m very interested in this movie. Michael Bay’s films usually have incredibly awesome teasers. Does anybody remember the T2 Superbowl trailer? That film turned out to be the most hated film of the year, but everybody saw it anyway.

New trailer:

youtube.com/watch?v=zuvU_Byw … tu.be&hd=1

Youtube being annoying for me right now though so I can’t view all of it but yeah, there it is, just posted yesterday.

Meh. Another battle in the city.

omg. braintwinz~

i didn’t like the first one. i fell asleep during the second one, got woken up by the loud explosions, and promptly left when shia started making his ~slo-mo in shock~ face. and yet i am still drawn to this movie despite knowing it’s probably going to suck. hmm.

correct me if i’m wrong, but isn’t the girl they got to replace megan fox some victoria’s secret model with no previous acting experience?

You aren’t wrong. She’s exactly that.

I’ve already seen some Transformers 3 toys in my local CVS Pharmecy.

Why can’t someone who’s pretty be smart too?

They can. I have plenty of proof.

Elizabeth I’m guessing?

Oh, no, she’s just one of them. I mean plenty.

I really dislike the stereotype of beautiful girl=dumb.

It’s not like that. I know so many pretty women who are very intelligent.

Okay, so I;ve been seeing a lot of comercials on TV for this movie. I mean, at least one every hour and a half or so. And sometimes, I’m thinking “oh, that’s cool, I wanna watch this.” Other times I’m thinking "really? I was getting excited for that?