True Or False (The Real Version)

False. Chicago was released in 2002, but it won the Best Picture Oscar (which I assume is the award you refer) until 2003.

Actually, it’s true. He encountered them in Flight 714.

Chicago was the last musical to win Best Picture at the Oscars

True

Tom Hooper has directed Lés miserables, The King’s Speech, and The Social Network

False. The Social Network is a David Fincher film.

Despite it’s name, New Zealand is the only island called like that, and the’re no previous Zealand

True

Tolkein and C.S. Lewis were friends

False. There is an older Zealand, an island in Denmark.

True, though they had some fallouts. But they still contributed a lot to each other’s works.

Spielberg already used John Williams as a composer since his very first theatrical film.

False.

The Penguin dies in Batman Returns.

[spoil]True[/spoil]

Actually, it’s true. John Williams scored the first theatrical film by Spielberg, The Sugarland Express, and has done so ever since, except for The Color Purple. Duel, the first Spielberg feature length film, which wasn’t scored by Williams either, was a TV film, not theatrical.

Every Harry Potter novel ends in King’s Cross station.

True.

The lyrics of Led Zeppelin’s Whole Lotta Love are stolen from Muddy Waters’ “You Need Love” (written by Willie Dixon).

No, it’s false. Half-Blood Prince doesn’t.

I’ll venture false, though the only words I understood from that phrase were “lyrics” and “stolen” 8D

Nobody has ever beaten Kobayashi Maru.

False

Order of the Phoenix is the longest Harry Potter novel

Very true.

You’re right. Kirk did it. By cheating, of course.

JJ Abrams has directed four feature films.

False, I believe he did only M:I 3, Star Trek, and Super 8

JJ Abrams is doing Star Wars Episode 7

It’s actually true. Led Zeppelin’s early albums have quite a few stolen lyrics.

True.

The Green Goblin is the only Spider-Man Villain other than The Burglar in Amazing Fantasy #15 to kill one of Peter Parker’s Loved ones.

False. Though they were responsible for the two more relevant homicides, other have happened, like [spoil]Dr. Octopus being responsible for the death of George Stacy.[/spoil]

Yes. Though you could count the second Star Trek. It hasn’t been released, and he’s still directing in post-production, but he has already done a lot of the directorial work.

Captain Barbossa from Pirates of the Caribbean has no known first name.

False, it is Hector

Dumbo is the shortest Disney animated feature to date

Very true. The budget was quite restricted, which also reflects in the animation itself.

The Hobbit novel is a prequel to The Lord of the Rings.

False. Technically not, as it was written first, but it could be argued either way.

Twilight Sparkle becomes an allicorn in the season 3 finale of MLP:FiM

No idea. True.

Alfred Pennyworth was Batman’s butler from the first issue he appeared in, but that didn’t happen until ten years after the first Batman publication.

Oooh, I have no idea. :question: I’ll go with True, I guess?

In Psy’s new music video, Gentleman, he plays pranks only on women.

I’ll venture a true. But I haven’t seen it. I didn’t even see the first one. Undeserved fame gets in my nerves.

False. Alfred did appear relatively early, only four years after the first Batman publication. But at the time, he was a somewhat clumsy detective by the name of Alfred Beagle.

Natalie Portman is an American citizen, but she was born in South Africa