Unearthing Pixar Planet

Probably heard it enough times, but I found the board

whilst promoting my Pixar forum.

It was bought to my attention when I began contacting commenters on

youtube pixar videos about my forum.

One replied back basically telling me about you guys, here I am

today.

How much easier would it have been if Google returned your forum after searching "pixar

forum" :unamused: :laughing:

Heheh. Somehow that was my guess. :slight_smile:

One time,

Dash informed me that more people discover Pixar Planet on my deviantART page than anywhere else. However, it

seems to me that nowadays, more people are doing that on Upcoming Pixar, which is IMO the best source for Pixar

news.

~~=oP

I found UpcomingPIXAR in

Aprilish, and I was loyal to the site the day that Bawpcwpn told us about PIXARPlanet.

And now I’m loyal

to both - Though I tend to ghost the sites more often these days . . . .

Well , mine is kind of different .

Like most , I

found out about Pixar Planet on Upcoming Pixar . But at first , I thought it was very dumb . But that was because

I saw a very cunfuzzling ( confusing ) forum board that made my head hurt .

But then , radio pixar

started . I didn’t listen to the first one , but I was bored when the second one came out so I decided to listen

AND I WAS HOOKED

Listening to forum talk , I thought I mind as well look at some posts
once

again 

I WAS HOOKED

Now , I get in trouble for being on before my homeworks done , and now I

can only go on after supper , except on weekends . And that new rule was thanks to Mitch’s 4th chapter on her

fanfic .

Thanks Mitch ! lol :wink:

gottalovepixar - Heheh – no problem. :stuck_out_tongue:

Im also a big fan of Pixar so after reading

just about everything on www.pixar.com, i typed in pixar on google and started looking at any good pixar

websites. I had a look at UpcomingPixar and also Luxo. PixarPlanet was i think on the 2nd or 3rd page of

google.

There were two things I did that lead me to here.

The first time I saw

Pixar Planet, was some months back later last year when I was searching around on

Google looking for anything Pixar and Finding Nemo (Dory as well). I noticed it came up on the first or second

result page.
But I only visited the main page of the site. That time, I did not know there was actually a

forum on the site. I missed out on potential there, but didn’t recognized how popular PP was becoming. This was

similar to what happened 2-3 years ago when I was about to join an FN Forum site which I have longed been

disappointed to see the site dying slowly away and less and less people on there talking none other but their own

things, which means nothing of FN anymore like it use to be from the time Finding Nemo arrived to theaters to

only 2 years after * :frowning: *

Until I found out about the Upcoming Pixar Blog

site, I went there once in later December, and saw Pixar Planet on one of the links on one side of the site. I

don’t remember if the link took me to the front of this site or actually straight to here (Forum). But whichever

it was I looked around more carefully that time then I did the first, and sure enough I found out there was a

Forum on here PP. I was impressed to see that the Forum was flooding with many members. But also because of the

frequent posts in many of the registered subjects currently on the Forum. I thought about if this site had been

here for a long time. But I saw that it had not. It’s not even a year old yet, but was still surprised of all

the people who were here already. But then again, I had seen this site already outside of Upcoming

Pixar.

I decided to join because I also see that there was/is potential for me to meet and interact with

other people here who love FN (and Dory Of course!). I have truly met one already,

and I hope newcomers of PP in the time to come, some will also be potential for me as well.
But I do dearly

hope that PP will last as long as this site was meant to last. Want to stay active, and have a spot of

‘residence’ on Pixar Planet, and forum. Just as I believe every other active person on here does want as

well.

Dory’s Defender - Interesting story you have there. Mine was

kind of the same in that I discovered this site via Upcoming Pixar.

I am

also “in league” with you in that I was searching for a good Pixar-based/related forum board or website

where I could interact with people who shared the same interests as myself, particularly

Ratatouille. I’m glad I found the place. :slight_smile:

Mitch:

Welp, even though it has been a few months already since the

last post ya made for this thread, I do want ta remind you that for me it was not completely the "upcoming

Pixar" site that brought me to this developing community. The search engines also helped me see this site on

the Net as well. And as I said on my other post that it was the thing that first in all lead me to seeing this

place on the www :smiley:

[b]Dory’s

Defender[/b] - Ahh, I see. Cool. Thanks for reminding me! :wink:

Mines pretty much the same as everyone else’s: I heard

about it on Upcoming Pixar
came on over, liked the look, and I was hooked! :sunglasses:

Most

people actually do find us through Upcoming Pixar and I attribute much of our success to the help and support of

Luxo Jr. (bawpcwpn) over there. =D

Actualy, for me, it was the other way around. It was because of I-kronos, LuxoForums, and Pixar Planet that I

discovered Upcoming Pixar.

I found my way here from PixarVixen’s deviantart site, which I found while searching for TI art.
The last

forum I typically hung out at was starting to slow down and I needed a new community to be in. So here I

is!

I came to Pixar Planet when I wanted to see if there were any Cars outtakes, and my Google search led me to this topic:

More Bloopers!

So you found bloopers, but only fan-made-up ones huh? Good thing you checked it out. :wink:

Well, I was searching google for something Pixar-related and I stumbled on this site.

That’s sort of how I got here, too! :smiley:

I was specifically looking for a Pixar-centric forum. I used to just post every day on the Pixar movies IMDb message boards, so you can guess how happy was when I stumbled upon this place. :wink:

That’s the same reason I-Kronos was created. Heheh.

~~=oP