Violet's Non-Pixar Art

You’re off to a great start on dA! I should make an ID and avatar for myself… it’s been a year and I’m sick of seeing a ‘smiley face’ next to my username. xD

Your OC is giving me a ‘Marley and Me’, ‘Beethoven’, ‘Turner & Hooch’, ‘Marmaduke’ vibe… :stuck_out_tongue: A misbehaving dog with a heart of gold… can’t wait to see what adventures she goes on!

You should really watch ‘Balto’ or ‘Eight Below’. There’s some pretty cool huskies in those movies… :wink:

Grrr you better be- it’s so much easier with the pics uploaded right here! hmmph! Just kidding! Ah, it’s just a click away anyway :slight_smile:

Anyway, that pic is adorable and neatly drawn! This character seems pretty interesting. I love what you did with the eyes and that cute innocent look on Siblet. Excellent artwork again!

TDIT- Well, first off, I’d love to see what you come up with for an avatar :wink: . Second, thanks :slight_smile: ! I was trying to think, “Well, how do I want to be portrayed? I wanna be a dog! But I still like Violet… I know! ‘Siblet’!” And, trust me, you’ll be seeing her go on adventures soon enough :wink: . And, I have seen Balto and Eight Below. They were both great! Balto was an impressive animated movie. And Eight below was just incredible :slight_smile: ! Thanks!

BDD- Hehe, thanks for understanding :wink: . Anyway, Thanks for the compliments! I think part of what helps with the very expressive face is the eyebrows that show up so frequently on Siberians. Hopefully, her story will develop some more as we go. I’ve already got some ideas for more characters. Thanks!

Can’t remember if you answered this, but why the name ‘Siblet’? Is it short for ‘Siberian piglet’ or something? xD

Actually, I did give a short answer, but I’m happy to do it again :slight_smile: ! “Siblet” is actually a blend of the words Siberian and Violet. It’s kinda like Viony or Snylet. So you had the right idea :wink: . Thanks again!

I love the pictures of the siberians VIolet Parr. In addition to being an amazing Incredibles artist, you have talent in other drawings too. You keep up the good workk.

Thanks, TSS :smiley: ! I’m glad you like it!

Well, finally! I’m being consistent! If I keep this up, I just may be posting continuously every week :smiley: ! Here’s your next update:

For those of you who watch a lot of “Who’s Line Is It Anyway?”, you’d probably appreciate this :wink: . Basically, it’s based on an inside joke that arose while they were playing “Superheros.” I love Colin, and I thought he deserved a REAL Captain Hair poster :slight_smile: . The lettering in the background probably could’ve been done better, but I still like it. I also worked in the Canadian flag into his suit (because he’s Canadian). I couldn’t decide whether to give him a lot of hair, or make him bald, so I did a half-n’-half. His forehead’s bald, but he’s got a super-fro. I’m so happy with how his face turned out :smiley: !!! It looks just like him (in my opinion)! Hope you like it!

Colin Mochrie as Captain Hair

Now, this is another Black Mamba. This one’s really old. But I thought it was good enough to post :wink: .

Black Mamba

Thanks for viewing! Hope you like it :slight_smile: !

Well, not sure what happened about my last update, but, if you wanna comment on it, you still can! Anyway, on to my next update :slight_smile: !

This is a little drawing of “Siblet’s” siblings. I don’t have names for them all yet, but I think their personalities are pretty clear :wink: . I’ve also been working on a better back-story for Violet my Siberian Husky. But that’ll come in time. Anyway, hope you enjoy :slight_smile: ! Night everybody!

Aww, very adorable Violet Parr. i love the picture of the doggies.

Thanks, TSS :smiley: ! Now, I’ve got more of Violet the Siberian.

Violet was playing with this ball here, when something catches her eye. What? I have no idea. Use you imagination! Her back-story is also slowly developing (in my head). I’ve decided to write it as something that people need to learn to combat a lot today, and something I struggle with myself: laziness and procrastination. I’ll reveal more later, but I hope this will tied ya over for now :wink: . Until next time, Violet :slight_smile: ~.

I was stalking around the “For Your Consideration Thread” and I found the link for this! I don’t know how I managed to miss it…

Anywho, I’m a fan of all your Violet artwork, and I am also impressed with your non-Pixar work too! Because a) they’re good, and b) I love snakes! No joke.

And I really like your Siberian Husky playing with the Luxo ball! Quite creative.

Thanks! Thank you so much! It’s been ages since I’ve had a comment here! And cool that you like snakes :wink: . But, anyway, thank you so much! I think now I’ve got enough incentive to update :wink: .

This is a product of my Gothic phase. I know it seems odd, a black “Get-Well” card. But keep the audience in mind :wink: . This is my Gothic princes that was featured earlier, who I’ve now named Amber. As for what it says inside… I don’t know! I haven’t decided yet. I’m actually really proud of this.

This is my first “professional” attempt at clay modeling. No, I did not make the horse :laughing: :unamused: :wink: . Kinda wish I did. It’s from my Schleich collection. I made the saddle. I used Silly Putty, so, sadly, it didn’t last. But I thought it warranted a posting :wink: . It’s a western, (it’s heavier than an English saddle and has a handle).

This is a really, really old picture (done in 2006!). But I though I’d post it anyway, so you can see How I’ve improved. I’m a big fan of Veggie Tails!! And I love Larry Boy! I did this with the drawing reference on he DVD. Yeah, The Incredibles aren’t the only super heroes I like :wink: .

This is a Mixed Dog that I drew a while ago. I don’t remember the exact mix, but I think it contained these: Siberian Husky, German Shepherd, Doberman Picher, Miniature Poodle, Britney, Whippet. I’m trying out different mixes to come up with what would be my ultimate dog. I’ve started looking at different breeds now, but a few have remained the same. One day, hopefully, I’ll get to actually see a mix of my favorite dogs become a reality. But for now, I’ve got drawings :wink: .

Thanks again! Hope you like these! Please, don’t be afraid to give constructive criticism! God Bless!

I really like the gothic card. I love that girls outfit! (although I don’t think I’d pull it off it I wore it!) Anyway, It’s sweeet!

Thank you :smiley: ! I’m glad you like it! And, hey, maybe you could pull it off :wink: . You mean it’s not too dark?

Love the siggy, BTW :wink: !

The gothic look doesn’t look great on me, I’m more of a jeans, tshirt, & cowgirl boots girl! And I’m glad you like my sig!

I love that Larry Boy picture!!! But “Amber” looks the best, IMO. :slight_smile: She looks like Violet. 8D

ellie-jessie-eve- That’s a cool style, too :wink: . That as my thing when Jessie was my main lady… till Violet came. You see where that went :laughing: .

IncredigirlVirginia- Thanks! I kinda meant her to look like that :wink: . I did a more real version of her on the Sims. I’ll have to draw her and post it sometime. But their personalities are totally different. You’ll see soon enough…

Okay, guys, sorry for the long wait, again. Now on to my next update :slight_smile:

This pretty much speaks for itself. I love Pit Bulls. And I think they’re given a bad wrap. This was my first time drawing any breed of pit, and I gotta say, I think I did pretty good, not to toot my on horn. I think she looks more like a Staffy than an American Pit bull Terrier, but it still qualifies. (I’ll ask pitbulllady what she thinks later…) Anyway, Violet the Siberian has come across a bloody and battle scared pit bull outside a warehouse. Here’s how I think I’ll fit it into her story: The dog was shot by her owner for refusing to fight one more time and losing. Violet stumbles upon this, and stays with the dog, comforting her till she passes. She’s horrified by what the owner of the dieing dog did, and is determined to do something about it. Violet’s always wanted to be on the K-9 squad, just like her father. Here’s her chance to prove herself by breaking up this fight ring and getting where the cops can’t: Inside. But will she persevere? That, you’ll find out later…

Okay, this was just plain fun for me :laugh: . I have nothing against Poodles, believe me! But I don’t like when people act like they’re better than everyone else. I’m trying to make this story true to life :wink: . And besides, the attitude of the dog usually reflects that of the owner :wink: . Anyway, this was mostly for a laugh, and to show a little bit of her Violet’s personality. I think I’ll be changing her name, though.

Hope you all liked that :smiley: ! Hopefully, I’ll be updating again soon. God bless!

Violet, once again, you have drawn another masterpiece! The doggies look really cute! keep it up.

I really love your stories, Violet Parr. They’re well thought-out; I too get immensely annoyed by speciesism, and you’ve brought out a worthwhile topic about discrimination against pit-bulls, which unfortunately used to be bred for fighting matches, hence their aggressive nature.

Wow, you’ve decided to make Violet become a police dog? That is so cool, I can’t wait to see what kind of adventures she gets up to. Infiltrating illegal dog-fights, chasing armed fugitives, locating ticking time-bombs… the story possibilities are endless!

I also love the poodle picture. It could be read as a criticism of people who buy purebreeds as opposed to mutts, and most of the time it’s irresponsible owners who like a certain movie and TV show and rush out to buy the breed after the characters, only to abandon them a few months later. Not that I have anything against purebreeds, our first and only dog when I was a kid was a beautiful labrador, but I think mutts are just as good.

Anyway, yeah, snooty people get on my nerves too. Better to be humble and friendly. What can I say, great artwork again!

TSS- Thank you! Glad you liked it! I’ve got more coming!

TDIT- Thank you! Yeah, I really like pits. It’s a shame people treat them like they do. And yeah, I think she’ll be a good police dog. But it’ll be a while till her story really gets rounded out. And I have nothing against pure breeds. In fact, I’m still begging for a Siberian. It’s just when people are snooty I don’t like.

Well, I’ll give a quick update. Kobalt’s graduating his class tonight! So We’ve gotta get going.

Thanks again, guys! Have a great night! (I’ll probably be back later…)