Votre Critique de Ratatouille

Mitch: sounds good to me! :smiley:

Also, why do you like watching the trailer so much, if you’ve already seen the movie? If you don’t mind me asking…

Haha! It’s because I’m a geek… :laughing:

Fair enough, then. :smiley: That trailer is pretty cool. At first I didn’t like it, but it has grown on me a lot. It’s really awesome.

Cha – after you watch it a fair few times, you come to like it. I still like the Asian trailers for the film more than the American one, but they’re all cool in their own way.

This is the geek…signing out. (snigger)

– Mitch

You can say that again. I think they should’ve used the Asian trailer for an American trailer, you know what I mean? :wink:

The Star Swordsman - Cha – the Asian trailers are more sentimental and heart-felt, whereas the American version emits a more comedic air. They’re both pretty cool, though! :wink:

But back on-topic…

Off-topic: And not to mention that they reveal more stuff than the american version.

I am just back from the Premiere of Ratatouille in my town (in France) and I absolutely LOVED it ! Applause at the end (so well deserved). The audience was very responsive. I thought it was probably the best Pixar movie I’ve ever seen, everything in it is so clever. The caracters (especially the rats) are extremely expressive ! It’s amazing to see how the team managed to bring emotion into the rats. Ratatouille is a masterpiece !

Remi - Wow – awesome! Congratulations, dude! I’m glad you had a wonderful time. Isn’t it the best film in the world…? I mean, the characters, the story, the settings, everything are integrated so beautifully into the plot-line. I absolutely love it! :wink:

I think it is safe to say that Ratatouille made you hungry for more and more right Mitch?

The Star Swordsman - You are correct to a tee, dude. :wink:

Truth be told, though, I was starving for something like this for quite a few years before the film itself was released. Anton Ego’s “speech”, in particular, presented itself as a long-awaited refreshment to me. The wording, the “factuality” of it, and the realization of its message was beautifully described. I really needed a dose of that medicine, I can tell you…

Sorry for the double post, but I didn’t know where else to put this…

A member of YouTube narrated/gave his review of Ratatouille, and I quite enjoyed listening to his positive opinion on/of the said film. You can view/listen to it here:

youtube.com/watch?v=vDijg222Quc

Hey, that is a great review. Great find Mitch.

Thanks, dude! I’m glad you liked it. :smiley:

YOu are totally welcome.

Welp, it finally happened:

I went to see Ratatouille for (only) the seventeenth time yesterday (and at the same theater, at that), and the guy at the ticket booth interrogated me, saying, “So…how many times have you seen this movie?”
When I told him that that would be my seventeenth time, he said, “I thought so.”
Then I told the dude that I really loved the movie, and he said, “That’s apparent.”

I was laughing so hard when I got inside the theater… :laughing:

After having sat in my theater seat for a good half-hour or so, watching the film play its melodic tune across the screen, I realized that the people sitting next to me were French. Henceforth, it came as no surprise that they didn’t laugh at all when Colette uttered that memorable phrase, “We hate to be rude, but we’re French!” The lady next to me actually shook her head. :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing:

Eheheh…

– Mitch

Mitch - Heh, you should go to different theaters - that’d be weird to have someone ask something like that. “None of your business, mister!” :stuck_out_tongue:

I wonder if Pixar edited the French version differently…seems to me that you would remove those lines before you had it come out there.

Gasduude - Cha, but the closest theater around is only ten to fifteen minutes away by foot, whilst the others are a ten to fifteen minute drive away, and I never like to bug my parents and ask them to drop me off at a theater, even though they don’t mind. :wink:

But yeah, it was funny. The dude was lookin’ at me as if I’d asked him if he wanted mashed potatoes with his popcorn or somethinig. He must have thought I was crazy… :stuck_out_tongue:

And yeah, I wonder if they “revised” that particular phrase in the French version of the film? They probably did…

Yeah, crazy… about the movie! :laughing:

Hehe, only two weeks until you guys get my review of Ratatouille! :smiley:

I think they did (partly), if I remember well, she says something like : Don’t want to be rude, but we’re in France !. Shall I go again to be sure so I can tell you afterwards ? :mrgreen: