Waking Sleeping Beauty

Indeed! I go to school for animation. :slight_smile:

Jealousy…overwhelming me…you’re myhero!!! :smiley:

IncredigirlVirginia: Well, just follow your dreams and keep being inspired by movies and documentaries, like Waking Sleeping Beauty! Some day you can find yourself in similar school!

I hope so!! Thanks :smiley:

If you can’t find the movie, there’ allways iTunes! :smiley:

Cool! If only I had an Ipod…adds to stuff that will likely never happen :laughing:

Just got back from watching Waking Sleeping Beauty. It’s a great documentary, a really insightful look into Disney during it’s second golden age and the period right before it. A lot of focus was on the CEO’s/management and I wish there was a bit more interviews from the animators, but it is still definitely a must see for any Disney fan.

Aw man, I want to see it sooooooo bad. I hope they put it with the next Disney animated release on DVD. That’d be the most convenient for me.

Hannahmation: I’ve been wanting to see this movie for some time! Glad to hear it was good.

EJE, will you be seeing it?

I definitely need to see this movie! The history of Disney is just so interesting, and I would love to learn more about the management at the time of the Renaissance.

Good to see you posting again hannahmation!

I just hope it shows Jeff Katz and Eisner as the Satanic loonies they truly are.

Virginia: I want too, but I dont’ know if it’s playing anywhere near where I am.

If you aren’t able to see a screening of the film, I believe it will be released on DVD at the end of November.

Thanks love70ways! It’s nice to be around the boards again. :slight_smile:

Oh, November? Cool!! Thanks, Hannahmation!

Thanks for the info Hannahmation! I will defintaly find a way to rent it!

I’ve just seen this movie. I [spoil]downloaded it[/spoil] and I absolutely loved it. It was a rather remarkable picture.

I for one never knew just how integral Howard Ashman was to the early part of the Disney renaissance. I mean I knew he was the lyricist for a few films, but this greatly expanded my knowledge on just how much he contributed to the stories as a whole. We lost a keen creative mind when he died. I almost cried when that part of the movie came up.

I knew about the composers’ importance from the Art of Walt Disney. <3

Aerostarmonk, could you send me the [spoil]downloading link[/spoil]?

Oh man, I wish I could see this. It’s probably rare though. :frowning:

I still haven’t found this anywhere. Did they ever put it on DVD?