WALL•E coming to Blu-ray and DVD on November 18th

One quick PS (sorry for the multiple posts guys)…
there seems to be an inconsistency between what Andrew Stanton and staff say about how the humans in space came to be humans. There’s no doubt that earlier in the process they were once blobs, but in one of the extras on Disc 2 (forget which now), they clearly talk (and mention clearly a few times) that the blobs were aliens. This was new to me, as in interviews, I had heard that the blobs were to be humans. And then in the 2nd deleted scene of Disc 2, in the introduction, again Stanton talks about how the humans (not aliens) had turned into blobs. Hmm… so there’s conflicting information on if the early version of the people aboard the ship (the jello blobs) were supposed to be humans or aliens. Ah well, they’re not blobs anymore…

Welp, I’ve bought my DVD 3-disc. Now we play the waiting game. That real-life packaging that Fett101 posted looks a lot better than the images on eBay and Amazon, can’t wait to see it up close.

miafka - From what I can gather from the Art of WALL•E book, the humans were initially meant to be “aliens” to the audience (but at the end of WALL•E they turned out to be devolved humans, kind of like a Planet of the Apes scenario.) But then they later changed it so they were more obvious humans, but just slightly changed from what we are now. Well, maybe not so different to what we are now. :wink: And you knew they were humans all along. So it would be correct in calling them both aliens and humans, depending on what stage of the script you are talking about.

Awwww I still have to wait 2 to 3 weeks more for my copy. :frowning: :frowning:

Does the sound quality of WALL-E sounds similar to Ratatouille?
I’m thinking that VIVA imports Region 1 Version of the disc and modifies it a little.
Since the Region 3 Version of Ratatouille(from VIVA) has one of the best sound qualities I’ve heard. Yet it was labeled Dolby Digital but it feels like DTS to me. Seriously.

9 hours to go and counting it down.

miafka’s description left my mouth watering, esp the $10 off coupon for Blu-Ray when I upgrade to that. Sounds like a real bargain, the whole package.

Edit: Well, I was the 2nd person at the huge cd/dvd store called Rasputin’s to buy a Wall-E; they replaced the well known Tower Records at that location. They are in my neighborhood and I forked over the $40 to them preferentially. Best Buy had the 3 dvd disk set for just $30. They also had a very large number of dvd’s and a two square meter display right at the checkout, complete with a cardboard Wall-E who recognized me and kept talking to me, of course. Fry’s Electronics - an enormous box of a store - and even the local Safeway grocery store had a special display.

It was a wonderful 29th viewing.

I wonder how many Easter Eggs are on the Disc.

One of the best Easter Eggs I saw is at Monsters Inc. which is Pixar’s First Annual International Air Show.

JhOpZzZz
I wouldn’t worry about the sound quality.
The Dolby Digital track on “Cars” for example is just 384 kpbs but sounds better than any DTS track I have ever heard.

Costco has a one disc. :stuck_out_tongue: How do they sleep at night, seriously???!? :laughing:

I’m going to pounce on the first 3-disc-DVD I see.

today I bought the 3-disk version. I woke up early, went to Wal-mart, and went home to watch it. After I watched it, I attempted to download the digital copy to my computer. I started only to find that I don’t have the activation code insert. Did this happen to anyone else?

Aw, lucky. I can’t purchase the set just yet. I may have to wait until around christmas. :cry: But feel free to tell me how good it is! :smiley:

Found two easter eggs. The BNL logo on the main menu and the circle around the w and numbers in the middle. I’m using a PC so I just have to mouse click them to play. Not sure how to get to them on a regular DVD player though.

Also, created for my amusement

My thought’s exactly on this. I just have to make myself busy before I can buy this.
Getting the Easter Eggs by watching them on PC is the easiest way for this but I want to find them by DVD Player.
Also, [spoil] WALL-E is the first R1 DVD I’m ever gonna buy![/spoil] :

I finally bought the 3-disc - with about 5 other DVDs from a friend for 25 bucks! :open_mouth: I was pleased. I wanna watch it tonight but my brother’s already planning on making me sit down and watch a very ridiculous film that’s so ridiculous that we just borrowed it. It’s so ridiculous that I don’t think he’d want us to pay for it, or even want it back for that matter! :laughing:

I duuno if this is legal or not but…
[spoil]For people outside the USA who owns the R1 Version of WALL-E, you can actually download the digital copy. Just select USA and the download process will begin. But it will take a little longer to download and it will give you two copies of the movie, one for the PC, one for a mobile device or iPod.

Just make sure you have the code insert within the DVD or else, the digital copy is completely useless.[/spoil]

What movie is it?

Pewpewpew: Sorry, I was going to go back and delete that bit 'cause it was off-topic. The movie is Balloon Farm, and I’m going to watch it now. x_x

I have off tomorrow though, thankfully (just found out now). So I’ll go Wall-E crazy. :smiley:

I got my WALL-E 3 Disc copy for only 1600php = $32

BTW, Nice promo on those DVDs for only 25 bucks.

I nearly broke my DVD case while trying to open it. There weren’t any directions on how to open it, and I didn’t know you’re supposed to pull the sides. Well, at least it’s all right, but still … I’ve never seen a DVD case like that before, lol!

Heheh, yeah, I spent a good 5 minutes sliding out the sides of the DVD 'cause it was so cool (even though it ends up scratching the discs!)

It does??! :open_mouth:

goes to put discs in DVD album

Hey guys, I just want to ask you a question,
Who owns a Blu-Ray player bought from a country except Region A countries?

Because Philippines is under Region A and I want to ask my dad who works at Saudi Arabia(which is under Region B) to buy me a Blu-Ray player because it is cheaper than in the Philippines since the Blu-Ray market is not yet widely popular and most Philippines households don’t even have HDTVs

I just hope their Blu-ray disc players(Region B) supports playback for Region A movies.

EDIT: I’m surprised that the packaging of the Single Disc DVD of WALL-E is the Earth Friendly Packaging.