WALL•E sucks- [i]Really[/i]?

In another forum I visit, I got into a slight argument with someone over the best PIXAR and someone mentioned this film is Pixar’s worst film ever. When I asked why they stated that it was because WALL-E has no personality and is simply there for added cuteness. He exhibits a “series of traits” but he does not have a real personality at all. They also mentioned that the Dystopian storyline was flat and the plot was “heavy-handed”. They ended off by saying it wasn’t just PIXAR’s worst, it was a horrible film overall.

And it wasn’t just that that one person either, as I was surprised to find out. Turns out a dozen or so posters thought it was PIXAR’s worst film.

So what I’m wondering is, how can people seem to actively hate this film? I might understand that people might not like it that much but PIXAR’s Worst Film Ever? And having no personality, really? Really?! What movie were they watching?

People hate this film? News to me. That person is pretty unusual, as far as I know.

Oh wow, I never knew people thought this was Pixar’s worst movie all the comments I’ve heard about it were very positive.

Actually, it wasn’t just that one person. Turns out like 4 out of the 7 people who commented hated it. I was pretty much the only person there actually defending the film and the eponymous character.

Wow. These people are now on my hit-list… :angry:

Hey guys, calm down. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

It’s just that their opinion is wrong! :stuck_out_tongue:

While I disagree with his comments, we all must understand that not everyone views Pixar movies (WALLE in particular) the same way as we do. I admit to falling under that same category. I tohught WALL-E was a good movie, but it was also my least favorite Pixar movie out of the 11. It didn’t strike me as much as others.

I definitely agree with you on that The Star Swordsman , not everyone can possibly like the same thing and I’m cool with people saying that WALL-E isn’t their favorite PIXAR film or maybe saying that it wasn’t that great. But to say something as obviously incorrect like “WALL-E has no personality and no defining characteristics” that seem to be mainly based off spite, that’s what confuses me.

I don’t know anybody in real life who likes WALL-E, so I hear stuff like that whenever it’s brought up.

What.

Those people probably didn’t watch the whole film. Just ignore them. cough Armond White cough anyone?

I think the reason those people think that way is because they forgot that WALL-E isn’t human, he’s a robot. Look at R2D2, or Johnny 5. The reason they aren’t given hugely complex personalities is because if they were, we would lose that this was still a machine and not just a human with a metal body.

WALL-E is supposed to represent everything humanity lost at the Axiom–curiosity, bravery, compassion, cleverness, and real love. So in a sense, yes, he was there just to be lovable, but that actually the point.

I actually am used to this. In ‘real life’ everyone I’ve talked to adores WALL-E. However in another website I use to be a frequent visitor of, WALL-E was critized often, by both Disney fans and Pixar fans, as being the most boring movie (some said most boring Pixar movie, and others most boring Disney movie)

At this point I’m not suprised anymore!

There’s a huge difference in being underwhelmed by a film and saying “ït sucks”. They could have just said they dislike the film. That’s all I’m saying.

I hear you. I’m not trying to speak for everyone here, but based on prior information (and at least in the places I’ve lived) Wall-E seems to be the most disliked Pixar film by kids and non-Pixar fans in general. Stating it is too boring and not funny enough…and has too many icky lovey-dovey scenes. To them I must reply,

"Shut it! You don’t know what you’re talking about. Of course you might think it’s boring; you’re an 11 year old kid hyped on sugar, Nintendo, and Michael Bay films. You cannot possibly grasp the idea of liking a “good movie” intended for more mature movie-goers. Even if it is intended for children, only as an excuse to tell a great story. Of course it has lots of lovey-dovey scenes in it. If you don’t like romantic movie scenes, don’t go to see a romance movie! :imp: -And if you state that Wall-E has no personality, technically he doesn’t…He has a highly complex CPU unit built to interpret live events and react accordingly based on how humans designed it; to clean up trash efficiently and productively while giving them something pleasent and relateable to look at. The only reason why he interprets data in a different order than designed to, is because he has been isolated alone on Earth for several centuries with only an over-budgeted and over-acted 1960’s Academy-hoarding musical to inform him of the world of humanity. Naturally it was a romance, so his learning compartment in his CPU reacted by gaining a romantic interest to real world situations. The movie is a musical, so he corresponds well with music and finds it necessary to dance (thinking that what he believes to be true is what he is designed for). The movie had a nervous and shy male protagonist, so he took the character as a “role-model” of sorts in order obtain further information using his newly adapted features of shyness to carry out his job on Earth. So yes, you are technically correct in the sense that he doesn’t have a soul, but you are probably too unintelligent to do one of three things.
1-Explain why he doesn’t have a living personality but still acts like he does in the film
2-Explain why you came to the conclusion he has no personality
3-Explain why you have no good taste in movies

All in agreement say “I”. :sunglasses:

“I!” :sunglasses:

“I”! :slight_smile: I really don’t like it whenever people try to state their opinions like facts. :confused: Really turns me off. And agreeing with what Rac_Rules said regarding his personality.

“I” :wink:

Uh-huh,so reading some of of the reactions on here,It’s fair to sternly defend WALL-E but not Cars? :confused: