WALL•E sucks- [i]Really[/i]?

“I”

I said my personal opinion in my first post, and it was ignored. So I’ll re-post it. :stuck_out_tongue:

There’s a huge difference in being underwhelmed by a film and saying “it sucks”.
They could have just said they dislike the film. That’s all I’m saying.

Something is telling me to ignore this comment, but I’m going to ask you, what are you talking about? Did I miss Cars coming up in this thread, might you elaborate more?

Gotcha!!Ha,ha…I’m wierd like that :laughing: ,anyway getting on-topic Just ignore the person…WALL-E was a good film and They’re just hatin…The best part was that it had a good love story too… :slight_smile:

“I!”

Yeah, like people mentioned before, I have absolutely no problem with people have different opinions. That’s the beauty of this country, if you have an opinion, and you’ve done your research and can back it up with facts, then more power to ya! But, if you blatantly just say someing preposterous without evidence or research, well, that’s what grinds my gears.

Now, who has the link to that message board, so we can DDoS their serv—er, I mean… debate this in a friendly manner, of course! :stuck_out_tongue:

Wall-E is low on my list but I like it. But if they hate it they hate it.

I’m still waiting for the moment when I can sternly defend Cars in a long rant-post. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’d like to hear your opinion:

Here:“Cars sucks **”

I know you were talking to Chuckles, but wow. I think those people need some therapy… :confused:

Actually the people I know all liked WALL-E and thought it was adorable. I guess I could understand people not liking the dystopian view of the future and finding it preachy. I dont and their view of the future doesnt bother me. Its just the way things are for that story. But everything has its haters.

I think the thing that bothers me the most about all this is how WALL•E used to be thought of as one greatest films and is now written off as simply “Pixar’s fluff piece”. I mean I know that the movie came out 2 years ago, and people may have grown accustomed to it already, but dammit it was and is still a great movie! I find it extremely difficult that something this funny, charming and tremendously endearing as WALL•E could possibly be considered a “tasteless work”.

And I also can’t understand how people can say they only like 1/3 of the film. There is no one-third, it’s all part of the same film!

Personally, I think those people suck. But that’s just how I feel, and nobody probably cares…

I agree with you and i think those people do suck because they are close minded people and just for the record WALL-E is my favorite movie right behind the toy story movies :smiley:

^ Exactly!! Couldn’t they just say “I hate this movie”, instead of generalizing and saying “it sucks”? If you hate something, great. Fine. But “it sucks” implies it isn’t awesome and people don’t love it(I <3 Wall-E, personally.)

Hey is WALL-E your favorite pixar movie Incredigirl

I absolutely disagree with this statement.

It’s animated movie. And there are a lot of metaphors in it.But the author of this movie wanted to show us that we are capable of so much,if we 've got a desire and it is not necessary to limit yourself with some “stereotypical taboos” in advance.

The trash compactor robot called “WALL-E” have learned the meaning of love and realised the meaning of “human values” but we ,human beings, forget about human values easily sometimes. Every time,when Wall-e acts like a human being,it looks unrealistic(but so real at the same time) because we know,that he is a robot and It’s a “cartoony” plot, but the idea of this great movie is one good metaphor - You are capable of so much more and You can change yourself ,change the world You
live at some point and even someone for the the better.

Some people have become attached to so-called “Wall-e is just the funny robot” cartoony image too much and that’s why they say that this "image " has no personality and is simply there for added cuteness.
So that means this character is useless in their opinion.

But they have completely forgotten that this “cartoony image” of Wall-e’s character is necessary for metaphor strengthening purpose.And that’s why they are completely wrong.This character has personality and that’s why you can’t call him “the robot”-he is different.

Thanks, Pixar, for a such a wondeful movie.

People who think it sucks are entitled to their opinion, can use whatever word they won’t if describing it in brief, yes I do love Wall E, but it’s like saying your leasrt favourtie movie out there is loved by alot of people.

Well, I see your point, Pixarinho*. I just think saying a movie sucks just because it’s not your cup of tea isn’t fair to people who love it.

YouAreAToy!!!, Wall-E isn’t my favorite. I love all of the Pixar movies, and I think this on is very special and meaningful, even though my favorite is The Incredibles, tied with Toy Story 2.

I know that the kids think of Wall-E as a ‘cute, funny’ robot, but we like to look at his personality, not by his ‘immature’ actions and looks (although he is cute to reasons i’m not sure why). Wall-E is the exact kind of person that people need in a relationship, one that only “wants you to feel like the most important person in the world”, one who always put others before himself, one who only wants to let you know he truly loves you! <3

Wall-E is perfect.

Sorry to bring up this old thread again, but on the other forum I frequently visit someone posted this on a thread called “Why Cars Is Not PIXAR’s Weakest Film”.

What I replied back:
That’s perfectly understandable. Out of all the PIXAR films, WALL-E suffers from not only being the most sophisticatedly complex film, both in theme and characters, but is also one of their more serious films. Not everyone has the capacity to grasp that, so it’s only natural that the more highbrow parts of the film made you and your friends bored with trying to understand it.

I know it seems like I was trolling, but I really really hate blanket statements that aren’t really backed by anything concrete. Especially when people think their own subjective opinions is the “truth” everyone agrees with.