WALL•E sucks- [i]Really[/i]?

That’s not trolling; you were only stating your opinion. Besides, I agree. It’s too complex for them, like 2001. I can not comprehend that Wall-E is the worst Pixar film. :confused: I can’t see that. I personally think it’s the best Pixar film, with Toy Story(the first). People forget perspective. Disliking a movie does NOT make it the worst. I don’t absolutely adore Finding Nemo, but it still is, however, one of Pixar’s more acclaimed movies. Opinion and quality are completely different animals and that person needs to get an ego check. :confused:

Looks like I’m in the minority here in that I do think Wall-E is Pixar’s weakest film. The first act, on earth, is I think the best thing Pixar has ever done but the rest, the whole AXIOM plot, seems to me to be just padding to bring what would have been a near perfect half hour “short film” up to feature length. There are still some great scenes after the film leaves earth (the dancing in space scene) but there’s awful lot not so great stuff as well (pretty much everything with the human characters).

TLH, I can accept your criticism, since it actually has a valid point to bring. Most others just go to the dialogue and criticize that, where with you, you bring other weaknesses in the field.

For me, Wall-E and Eve’s relationship is just so beautifully handled that it allows me to overlook whatever weaknesses there may be in the Axiom in the second half, and I do think that the humans had a point to the story even if it was still secondary to the main characters’. I can understand if it didn’t work for everyone, though.

Wall-E undoubtedly had the biggest emotional impact on me of all the Pixar movies, so I have to consider it my favorite. Watching it in widescreen is a transcendent experience.

WALL-E’s film is synonym of perfection, and WALL-E’s character is the most loveable and charming heroes ever done

WALL-E is one of the best movies of all time. Although most of my friends dislike it, I have one (Who otherwise has terrible opinions on movies IMO) who just posted a status on facebook proclaiming his love for WALL-E and calling it the greatest movie ever. :smiley:

^ That’s great!! I don’t know anyone IRL except for Glenn who likes Wall-E. :frowning: Kids stink.

I do love WALL-E!!! It’s sort of like a kid’s movie for adults and vise-versa!! Even my MAMAW liked it!!!

Yes. I still argue that Wall-E is a very adult movie, and just uses a cute robot and stellar graphics to attract family crowds. Don’t get me wrong, my six year old brother Noah loves it. He says, “I’m Wall-E. I am a robot.” all the time. But I personally think it’s an adult movie with a shiny facade to distract kids.

IncredigirlVirginia: My thoughts right there.

I actually used to think that this was Pixar’s worst film. Not a bad film. Just not as good as the others.
However, I watched it the other day and have changed my mind.
I think that I appreciate the film a bit more and it is now one of my favourite Pixar films.

Sure this above comment was from forever ago, but the people on the IGN forum in the link are trolls who cannot be reasoned with if they were promised a life-time supply of money.

U mad?

Before i actually had watched it for the first time, I thought that the main character, Wall-E, was based off from some older robot icon in the '50s, so i took some little disregard for a more fanatical pixar film than most. I also used to argue about the Cars film abridging the main anatomy of the cars from the Chevron automobiles, but, that was the past. I’m more open to this world now.

After sitting through all the impressive sound effects, stellar animations, beautiful score pieces, and scenes of genuine emotion, this is the thing about Wall-E I love most. The viewer choses what he/she wants the film to be about. If you feel like Wall-E is a cute kids flik about a robot who falls in love with lots of heart-warming and funny scenes along the way, that’s perfect. If you think Wall-E serves more as a Romeroian social commentary about human nature and not only how we treat our homes, but ourselves, that’s also perfect. If you think of it as something completely (or slightly) different, that’s just dandy. It’s incredible that dedicated fans are willing to involve themselves with the story to such an extant that they can take an hour and thirty minute running time and take it back several hundreds of years further. The history of BnL before and after the Wall-E units even came to be, the story of the other star-cruisers (and AUTOs) outside of the Axiom, even the rather grim truth of how every human being not on the Axiom is destined to die over periods of tragic and lengthy time. None of these interesting plot points are even mentioned in the movie. By piecing together strands of information from deleted scenes and making of featurettes, fans are able to launch a single film into the stratosphere of film universes such as Star Wars and (fittingly) Star Trek.
Of course, if you chose to ignore all this and have Wall-E stay at peace as a cute romantic kids film, that is simply perfect. Although Pixar is incredibly intelligent, I believe this is an instance where they could have never estimated the impact of one of their films on a small percentage of their fanbase.

-Finished. :sunglasses:

^That’s why I think WALL-E is more open to a sequel (or some other form of canonical expansion) than most people think. The universe has such a vast history and scope that has yet to be explored. If Andrew Stanton doesn’t plan on going back to it, I’d love to see what some other sci-fi director like Spielberg or Cameron would do

Spielberg and Cameron are probably the last people I would trust to make a Wall-e sequel. Not that they haven’t both made some good movies, but I wouldn’t trust a big name to do justice to the original, and Cameron probably views the film as beneath him.

If there’s anyone who can do justice to an original story, it’s James Cameron. I think his directing style has a lot of similarities with Stanton’s (ambitious visuals, emphasis on otherworldly settings, environmental messages etc.). I also wasn’t necessarily thinking of a direct sequel when I mentioned their names, just some other sci-fi adventure that took place in the same universe.

He also called The Wizard of Oz one of his favorite movies, for what it’s worth.

Stanton won’t. I remember reading an interview with him, he says he’s done with fish and robots. I’d much rather see him return than Spielberg or Cameron though.

Also Spielberg might invite his buddy George to help on it. :confused:

I would too. Still, I’d also really hate to see any future expansion on the world be limited to amateur fanfiction.