What biopics would you like to see made?

Tom Hanks is perfect for every role. <3 But, seriously, my favorite actors playing one of my favorite people ever! I’m so very excited.

Yeah, this is such a Virginia movie!

He really does kind of look like all those old videos of Walt in his older days. :slight_smile:

Yeah, I saw pics on the Craig Ferguson show, and it’s uncanny!

I don’t think he warrants an entire biopic, but Piers Morgan would be interesting; perhaps for a film about CNN, in the vein of Good Night, and Good Luck. I can only imagine one actor playing him: Colin Firth.

Colin Firth would be a good fit.

ellie-jessie-eve - Thanks, he already resembles Piers, anyway, so perhaps with a little makeup, it would work. Piers himself has said that he wants Colin to play him.

I hear there might be a biopic for Steve Jobs coming up. What do you think of that?

(My sister told me.)

^If they get the right people behind it I would love it!

Strange as it is, I already have the actual book version of that biography (well, I have a copy of this book–and it’s title is Steve Jobs by Walter Issacson. And most of the book actually seems to be covering Apple history–I’m on an iPad right now.)

It is coming out. Jobs, starring Ashton Kutcher.

collider.com/jrr-tolkien-biopic/

I would have to go with Cumberbatch.

^Do want! That would be amazing! :smiley:

Sorry, but the Jobs biopic is rated PG-13. (So I’m clearly not seeing it now–I’m very picky.)

I don’t understand. Why does the rating have any significance? I’m sure it won’t be dirty.

Virginia’s right. This is a biopic. It’s not Family Guy or South Park. The rating is probably because there is some swearing, and I’d imagine drug use or suggestions of it (this is about Steve Jobs afterall).

A lot of animated films now are rated PG, and most films are PG-13. I’m sad to say you’d be missing tons upon tons of great films by closing yourself off.

Tom Hardy has been cast as Elton John for the biopic Rocketman:

screenrant.com/tom-hardy-rocketm … lton-john/

Justin Timberlake has been cast as record mogul Neil Bogart for the biopic Spinning Gold:

screenrant.com/spinning-gold-nei … spike-lee/

Bill, you seem to be a big Biopic aficionado. What do you think about biopics being made while the figure is still alive? For example, this new biopic about Elton John. Is it right to create films when the subject is still around?

ellie-jessie-eve - I think it’s absolutely fine; doesn’t matter in the slightest. Frankly, I’m surprised it took this long for an Elton John biopic to come around. Also, in the creation of this thread, I postulated why there was no Edgar Bergen biopic yet, and that project is now in development, I believe by his daughter, to be presented from the point of view of Charlie McCarthy and Mortimer.

I wouldn’t say I’m a biopic aficionado; I’m just a hard-core cinephile.

Time to revive this.

William Shakespeare, anyone?