What did you dream about last night?

I dreamt that I was watching television. That’s all I can remember.

You don’t remember that show that was on Bill?

TSS - To the best of my memory, it was some kind of nature show dealing with insects that got really disturbing.

Sounds like something from the Animal Planet Channel of National Geographic Channel. :laughing:

I had the freakiest nightmare. I was with a couple of friends looking for a safe place to hide, and we did, but I wandered off into the apartment alone though I kept feeling this scary feeling that I shouldn’t go off alone. Eventually, night fell, and we were attacked by a bunch of strange creatures … it really felt like a part in my novel I was deciding, though it was much clearer, I mean- it really felt real!

My dreams are really starting to freak me out lately. :open_mouth:

Woah, you must have a pretty creative imagination, FONY.

Lol, thanks rachelcakes- I’ve always loved my imagination but I’ve realized lately that I haven’t been going to sleep until around 2:30-4:00 am, thus I sleep in till 11-12 noon, and I get either really vivid and cool dreams or very vivid and scary nightmares. :open_mouth:

I had a dream that the Monsters in Monsters Inc were playing basketball against the Space Jam Monstars.

I had this werid dream last night… I was at the Oscars and was sitting next to Tom Hanks (i don’t know why) then out of the blue the host called my name and i went up and got myself an oscar for best actress. then after that i was dancing with jack nickolson (I have no clue about that).

I don’t know why i had that dream but i do have a short theory about it. I slept with the radio on next to my bed, maybe during the night or early morning, maybe the dj’s was talking about the upcoming oscars and it came to me. who knows.

Haha. Alright… my dream was pretty weird. But here it goes :stuck_out_tongue:

I was at my school, and a random boy walks into the hall and says, “Whoever wants to kiss me, raise your hand!”. A few girls raised their hands, and he picked some girl with brown hair. Then they went into the next hall, and he kissed her.

It was short, but weird. I normally don’t have dreams like that :open_mouth:

I had myself a romantic dream last night. my girlfriend was a lifesize perfume bottle.

Other than that repetitive dream with that strange lady talking to me, I had a dream I owned a giraffe. :laughing:

Is it possible to control what you dream? Like lets say you want to dream about a basketball game. Can you consciously control what you dream?

Sadly few dreams of late. New roommate snores ferociously, so even if I manage to get to bed before 23.00, I’ll certainly wake up (because of him) between 3.00 and 6.00. Sorry, rant over…

Last dream I remember was being at a Wilco concert, and somehow a moment later I was having a beer with Jeff Tweedy (a Newcastle, I think) and discussing music and animation of all things. It was really cool.

TSS-that’s a fascinating question, I suppose it would involve tremendous control of one’s subconscious, or a more meditative manner of rest. Certainly, real life happenings have a bearing (i.e. bad dreams when I’m nervous). I suppose such control would illustrate complete self-actualization, which I don’t know to be possible. It’s pretty crazy though, apart from waking to the alarm clock, I’ve found that as soon as I make a realization about an illogical aspect of a dream (e.g. “how did I get here/go from here to there”) I wake up (I guess that’s the conscious mind turning on again), but it’s usually around the time I’d have to wake up anyways.

Heckuva thing, the mind.

TSS: Boy, that’s a weird dream. A giant perfume bottle? :open_mouth: Well, dreams are weird, aren’t they? 8D

No, it’s not possible to control what you dream. Most people generally dream about things that they have been thinking about the previous day, and often it’s stuff that’s been in the back of your mind, which, for a Pixar Planeteer, usually isn’t anything Pixar-related. I don’t know where the “you can change your dreams while your dreaming” myth came from, but whoever started it was either stupid or a liar. 8D 8D 8D No, you can’t really control your dreams. You can attempt to think about a certain something for more than usual, and you’ll have a better chance of dreaming about that, but I wouldn’t count on it. :wink:

I’m reading a book called “Freud - A-Z” at the moment (apparently background reading helps if you want to get into uni) and he wrote a book called “The Interpretation of Dreams”. It sounds absolutely fascinating, and he himself considered it to be the best of his works. And, unlike most of his other works, it seems to still be considered a valid theory that hasn’t been changed much over the years.

Freud first thought of dreams as wish fulfilment- our dreams act out what we want to happen in our real lives. But this doesn’t take into consideration our nightmares- do we want to be chased by monsters, or to be falling off a mountain? Freud thought it was more complex than that, and that the imagery of a dream or nightmare may not be as straightforward as it may originally seem.

For example, one of his patients dreamed of her little brother on his deathbed. Freud deduced that she didn’t actually want her little brother dead, as she was not a cruel person. The real reason for this imagery was connected in a different way- a man, nicknamed ‘the Professor’, who helped her to look after her little brother (as her parents had passed away), used to visit them both frequently. She soon fell in love with him, but for some reason, their relationship ended abruptly and he stopped his visits.

Therefore, her dream was not of her wish to see her little brother dead, but to see the Professor, who would have to visit her brother’s funeral. This follows on from the idea of wish fulfilment.

There’s a lot more about this, but this is the basic outline of Freud’s book.

I found I can’t control my dreams, but constant meditation helps me to free my mind and I find I can remember dreams easier, and sometimes narrow them down to make them of something in particular, but what happens is unpredictable.

Apparently people have several dreams a night but usually only remember the last one they had before waking up.

Also recurring dreams often have hidden meaning. Unfortunately, mine is just me speaking to that strange lady person but I can never remember exactly what she or I had said. :unamused:

Anyways, I didn’t have my recurring dream last night but a freaky one where I did something wrong in painting class and got in deep trouble. I suppose it’s because the teacher and her assistants set everyone on edge for the first day and I was afraid to do anything without asking permission lest I do something wrong.

I dreamt about driving a car with a rotary engine, and then finding $25 to pay for my Graphics kit for school. :neutral_face:

I dreamt that my friends from school and I were having a field trip at the beach. Everyone else had gone home, and my friend and I were the only ones left there. He told me that his parents were always late picking him up, and that they always forgot about him. After we talked for a bit longer, my mom came, picked me up, and brought me to our appartment (which we don’t even have in real life :stuck_out_tongue:). When we were walking up the stairs, my dad came running from behind us and showed us some pictures that he had just gotten developed. After that, we went into our appartment. My mom and dad walked into one of the back rooms, and I stayed in the living room watching television. When my mom saw me watching, she ran into the room, grabbed me, and brought me away from the TV. She told me that there was something on television about a little boy who gets eaten by a shark, and that it’s too scary for me to watch. She said that she was going to have to lock me up in my room so that I couldn’t see it.

And that’s the end :confused: I can see where this dream could’ve come from, because I’m EXTREMELY afraid of corpses, and whenever one comes on television in real life, my mom tells me to leave. It’s just weird how she had to lock me up in this dream. Haha.

I had a dream I was playing SUper Smash Brawl, but the characters were Pixar characters.