What do you think?

Do they look alike?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

I swear Russell looks just like Pixar animator Peter Sohn. What do you think??

Pete:

Russell:

Yep. In the commentary, Docter says that Russell was intentionally modeled after Sohn.

Yep, Russell was meant to look like Peter Sohn as a little Pixar in-joke. That’s also why they had him do Russell’s voice for that George and AJ short: [url]Pixar Short: George and AJ - YouTube

Oh, wow. I feel dumb now. Thanks for letting me know, though! :smiley:

On the Blu-Ray bonus material, there’s a featurette on Russell where Pete Sohn talks about doing early sketches of Russell inspired by himself as a kid. He also did the temp voice tracks (before they had cast Jordan Nagai), and they show a little story reel clip with him voicing Russell, plus there’s some other discussion about how he was one of the inspirations for the character. :slight_smile:

Yeah that makes sense. Its not the first time they’ve used him as a model for something. :slight_smile:

Yup. For those who don’t know, think brown rat and “gag reflex”. Emile is one of my fave characters from ‘The Rat That Cooked Movie’. :wink:

Also, one of the Tiki statues in the tank from Finding Nemo is based on him. :slight_smile:

OH, MY GOSH!!! So, that is Peter Sohn!?

He is one of the best story artists at Pixar! :slight_smile: He’s been around FOREVER, and he’s worked on more than half of all the Pixar films in the story department! Oh, my goodness…this gives me an even greater appreciation for Russell and “UP”! You know, I’m thinking about writing to Pixar and asking for Peter Sohn’s autograph! He has the most lukiest job in the world…to be working at Pixar’s story department for so long, to play the voice of Emile in “Ratatouille”, AND to provide character inspriation for “UP!” He’s so cool…! :slight_smile:

Cool indeed!

I am left wondering if he was ever a scout.

I think so!

Not as much as i was expecting in the brief moment before the pictures loaded up and showed, but yes they do a bit.