What television shows would you like to see adapted to film?

I’d love to see a movie version of Streethawk.
And they better make sure to hire either Tangerine Dream (who did the TV soundtrack) or Giuliano Pilati (who can perfectly replicate their style) to do the music.

Phineas and Ferb
Family Guy (in a real full-length theater movie)
The King of Queens
I want a third Jackass movie!

That’s all I have off the top of my head, but all of those shows would make awesome movies!

Family Guy (theatrical release)
Futurama (theatrical release)

Besides those two, all of my other favorite TV shows are being or already made into a film or a series. :unamused:

Phineas and Ferb or a huge MythBusters movie when they bust, like, 10 myths. That would be epic.

Mark Wahlberg confirmed on December 3 that an Entourage feature film will be made after the series finale. The show is scheduled for two more seasons.

tvguide.com/News/Wahlberg-En … 12802.aspx

I am a huge fan of Glee, and would love to see a film be made at some point.

Family Guy
Phineas and Ferb (although Disney Channel is coming out with one next summer where they find out Perry is a secret agent)

CMB, there is a third Jackass on the way, and it will be in 3D.
Expect to see some disturbing images in that, haha.

I personally want a Gilmore Girls movie. It’s a huge guilty pleasure for me, and I think the story needs ending properly.

That '70s Show

I would like to see Family Guy and Drake and Josh.

Oh, yeah! I forgot about Drake and Josh! Me and my dad used to watch that show non-stop when it came on. So, a movie would be pretty sweet.

I have become a huge fan of Law & Order. Despite a television film having aired in 1998, Exiled: A Law & Order Movie, there has not yet been a feature-length theatrical film. That is what I would love to see.

Arrested Development.

Too bad that it’s not happening because the cast is busy doing other things. :frowning:

NCIS: The Movie, anyone? :smiley: Gibbs and his team save the world or some other large-scale event. Plus all the unresolved romantic tension (‘Zony’, ‘Tabby’, etc) gets closure once and for all!

And what happened to the talks about a 24 movie adaptation? I want Jack Bauer to take on ‘one more mission’, since the TV show is pretty much over.

I also found out today there may be a Samurai Jack live-adaptation in the works… :wink:

I remember that the series was supposed to end with an animated movie, but then Power Puff Girls flopped, so the SJ film never happened.

Shame, really; Genndy is one of my fave animation directors. I think that he’s working n a new show for CN called Symbionic Titan.

I have two, Heroes or Chuck. I think both would make good actual movies. They have good action and good characters.

I think I read somewhere J. J. Abrams is in talks to produce a live-action adaptation a la The Last Airbender, so keep your hopes up… :wink:

I’d also love to see a Futurama theatrical movie (and no, 4 DVD ‘films’ broken up into several episodes to be screened on-air doesn’t count).

Time to open this up again for more discussion.

I’m hoping for a House reunion film.

There are talks about a Disney live action gargoyles film, totally unrelated to the show. I would prefer that this not happen, unless it was related to the show, and directed by Greg Weisman, with his casting choices. But more than likely the whole thing will just get canceled. Which is in fact less insulting than a movie running on the same name and theme, but entirely ignoring the best Disney show ever.

Boardwalk Empire would be epic, although given the timeline of the series, I’m not too sure if a film is possible. I’m sure the series will end at the end of the Prohibition era, and wrap everything up nicely. If that will indeed be the case, then no film is needed.