What type of pet do you have?

Man, I almost wish you guys wouldn’t post pics of pet rats-makes me jealous that I can’t keep rats anymore, due to my friggin’ allergies! I’d love to have another couple of blue rats(yeah, rats can be blue, like Pit Bull blue).

I’ve got a lot of pets, mostly of the no-legged or eight-legged variety, but I’ve still got a pack of Louisiana Catahoula Dogs and one American Pit Bull Terrier, “Chloey”, as well as six cats. Well, seven cats-Buddy weighs over 30 pounds so I sorta count him as two cats in one, lol! I’ve got somewhere in the vicinity of 50 spiders(but who is counting?), mostly tarantulas with a few native “true” spiders thrown in for good measure, and right now, only five snakes. That number tends to go up in the summer, when I have to remove snakes from people’s houses and cars after they find their way inside, and after the reptile shows get started. I’ve also got several scorpions and a Senegal Parrot who can do a wicked-great impersonation of a cat or the WeatherBug alarm on my desktop.

Here’s Buddy, my fat white cat, who I found at a flea market several years ago. No, he’s not named after Buddy PIne, since I got him before The Incredibles came out. I think he’s a British Shorthair, since he’s got a very different coat from any cat I’ve ever had, more like a Northern-breed dog, like a Husky’s, than a cat’s, and he’s got massive bone.

Here is Selkie, my straight-eared Scottish Fold kitten. She’s very stand-offish, not an affectionate cat in the least, so even getting a decent picture of her is a challenge.

She always looks ticked-off for some reason.

This is Peanut-Head, a “mutt” cat I’ve had since he was born. I rescued his then-pregnant mom from a dumpster, where someone had thrown her away after sealing her up in a cardboard box. He’s a polydactyle cat, which means he’s got more toes that he’s supposed to have, seven on each front paw and five on the back paws. he’s a very mellow, sweet cat, just not the sharpest knife in the drawer!

This is Nub, or the “Nubster”. She’s a Pixie-Bob, which is a hybrid breed of bobcat and domestic ancestry. She looks a lot like a bobcat, just with a much shorter tail, hence her name. She’s quite a diva herself.

This is Koon’s Bubba, one of my Catahoulas, all 120 pounds of him! I should rename him “Eduardo”, since he’s a bit of a chicken in spite of his size and power, lol! Like most Catahoulas, he’s got at least one blue eye.

This is a Catahoula puppy I bred a few years ago, who now lives in Columbia, SC. I put up his pic just to show his eyes, which are typical for the breed. He was seven weeks old when I took this pic, so he wound up being a really big dog.

Here’s one of my favorite tarantulas, a female Brazilian Black,Grammostola pulchra. She’s a very calm and docile animal who loves to sit on my lap while I watch tv.

This is one of my more colorful tarantulas, a Green-Bottle Blue(Chromatopelma cyanopubescens). She’s not as calm as the Brazilian Black, but makes up for it in color.

And, one of my favorite snakes, a male Eastern Coachwhip(Masticophis flagellum). Don’t let that baleful Raptor stare fool you; he’s a sweetheart who’s been held by more kids than most people will ever meet.

pitbulllady

Nice pics, PBL. Your spider freaked me out there. :laughing:

There’s a lot of pet owners here. I have a poodle, a snake, and a fish. I’ve had a lot of pets in my life, the strangest being a baby squirrel I found abandoned.

pitbullady: Oh wow, those are a lot of pets. I kinda jumped out of my seat when I saw the spider. Really cute though.

Our little black dog Zero is having a rather unpleasant bath right now. She’s always trying to escape from the slippery bathtub, and fails miserably. xDDD

When it comes to giving my pet a bath, it is kinda too easy sometimes because he is pretty light to pickup and easy to command.

That’s one of the good things about spiders and cats-you don’t have to bathe 'em, since they take care of that themselves!

Betchall didn’t know that spiders wash themselves, huh?

pitbulllady

My, like all poodles, loves swimming. But he hates a bath.

i2.photobucket.com/albums/y40/linzoy/poodle.jpg
i2.photobucket.com/albums/y40/li … G_3127.jpg
i2.photobucket.com/albums/y40/li … G_7332.jpg
i2.photobucket.com/albums/y40/li … G_5601.jpg
mysite.verizon.net/vzeee9mo/dog/big/5.jpg

Yesterday I was walking him and someone rolled down the window of their car and said “That’s a weird looking dog! Cute though!” I didn’t know how to respond so I ignored it.

PBL: I really didn’t know that about spiders. THat is really cool info there.

Glyph: Awww, that is an adoreable dog. I love the pictures.

Does your dog, after you’re done cleaning him/her, give you that “Why? I thought your were my friend!” look? Zero does. :confused:

I have a Yellow Lab/Golden Retriever dog and an African Chilid fish (had 4 fish but this one ate the other 3).

You can see pics of my dog here: azncdn.net/stuff/rocket/rocket.htm

You got yourself a really handsome dog there aZnCdn!

I have two Cockatiels, but boy there are the most spoiled birds ever. Thats ny fault, too much love and toys. There names are from two characters from CARS. The boy bird is Mr. Leakcles inspires by the racing car Leak Less and the girl is Sally.

aZnCdn–Your dog is beautiful.

pitbulllady–
I love your dogs’ eyes. So pretty.

Lotsa Poms! What cuties. =]

I have three dogs and two horses.

Tank-7 year old German Shepherd. My baby.

Anthony-3 year old 3-legged German Shepherd/Lab/Rottie/Who knows. He’s really
dumb, but so friendly. He is the happiest thing in the world. =]

Meesha-2.5 year old Border Collie cross. She looks like a whippet, haha. She runs like there’s no tomorrow.

RIngmaster [Clue]-6 year old Warmblood/Thoroughbred. He’s currently a pasture buddy and for sale. We don’t mix, so I’d rather have him go to someone else who will train him or use him as a companion horse.

Rio’s Kabam [Bam]-9 year old Canadian Warmblood/Quarter Horse. He’s not MINE but I did finish off his training four years ago and I still ride him now. He’s my show horse. =] He’s one of my best friends.

We had a cat back in November, but she got out and…disappeared. =/

My chihuahua is pregnant. We call her Doodles but now we refer to her as ‘Juno’, ‘Knocked Up’ or ‘Preggy’. xD People are already asking to keep a puppy but we don’t know how many she’ll have. I hope to keep at least one.

They’re most probably chihuahua/pomeranian mixes since we have a pom. x3

And we have a baby cockatiel that I need to care for since my mom’s usually at work nowadays. He’ll eat till he implodes, which is not good. Well, it’s not much work for me since I have to make handfeeding formula for my parrot Sweet Pea, who’s 12 and can’t seem to live without her handfeeding. :stuck_out_tongue:

And we had two wild baby birds - could be sparrows or starlings, who knows - one died, I don’t think the other will survive since he’s so young, but it’s worth a shot.

Your pets are really adorable WON. You take care of like 5 pets? I have trouble taking care of one.

Abbervail Dream: Wow, my computer must’ve not loaded the page completely since I didn’t see those pictures … :open_mouth:

So cute! And I love your horses! :smiley: I wanted one for, like, ever, lol. You’re so lucky! :smiley:

I have 2 Chihuahuas, one is 8 years old Sandy, and the other is 2 months old Coco they are both very spoiled and are a handful.

Most likely i posted in this topic before but now that i have a new digital camera, I want to show you my pets.

My Cockitael name is Birdie nicknamed Chubs Chubs. He has only i foot, and a stub but he still can move fast for a bird with one leg.

This is Fudgie. She is a spoiled cat.

This is Licorice. She is the oldest cat we have. We had her over 10 years unlike the other animals we have.

and our newest pet, his name is Oreo. Just like the cookie.

I have a big double yellow headed amazon parrot and a OLD elderly pomeranian doggy and also several fish. I have no actual pictures of the fish or the bird. But if you do searches on Google for Double Yellow Headed Amazon Parrot… you’ll get loads of results and possibly lots of visuals. I deleted my picture of my dog, Bear, so I have no visual of him… either. Oops. :frowning: Ah well.

Other than that, those are the only pets we do have in our house. Of course my mom is always deliberating about how we don’t need pets… that it just adds up to keep 'em fed and let out to use the restroom and all. Oh well. :stuck_out_tongue: