What's on your mind? (Status Updates)

Congrats on your acceptance to University of Nebraska-Lincoln, EJE!

I feel you, Leirin. I know how that feels. Boy, random stuff like that happened to me last year, as if things weren’t bad enough as they were. Hope you feel better soon.

I’m simply hanging in this last semester. Not stressing, but I’m still staying committed. I already know where I’ll be going to college, so that’s taken care of. Now to to keep moving forward and apply for those scholarships. Woohoo!

I have a quiz/test every geography class this mounth. I think their mostly maps but still, and sone of them is an Exam. My teacher is nice and all but my God I have a U.S. Goverment class and Drawing class too. I think I now know why most Americnas are bad at geography, there’s too many test!

Just found some info on an actor and actress who were in the first short film I directed and who I hadn’t contacted in quite a while. It was nice.

Thank you so much LQ! It’s stressful, because I don’t know where I’ll be living next year! Maybe Nebraska, Maybe Northern California, Maybe Southern California. Who knows?

I’m kind of the same as you, in being last semester. It’s nice not having to stress TOO much. Since, we already are accepted to schools, we just need to pass classes, not necessarily get straight As. (Which I’m still going to shoot for). Good luck with your scholarships, financial aid is super important, and also stressful.

If you don’t mind me asking, are you in high school or in a community college?

[quote="ellie-jessie-eve":hrsrgoj6]Thank you so much [b:hrsrgoj6]LQ[/b:hrsrgoj6]! It’s stressful, because I don’t know where I’ll be living next year! Maybe Nebraska, Maybe Northern California, Maybe Southern California. Who knows?

If you don’t mind me asking, are you in high school or in a community college?[/quote:hrsrgoj6]

No problem! I’m in my last year of high school, and I am preparing for going straight to a university. I’m staying in my home-state, Arizona. I probably could go out-of-state, but it’s not for me right now, though I would eventually like to live somewhere else after I finish college. I am certainly aiming for straight A’s as well while keeping in mind I might end up stuck with 1 or 2 annoying B’s. Nonetheless, hopefully I earn the money I need to support myself with, and thank you for wishing me good luck. Since my overall high school experience was just okay (grades were good, but just some of the people: :-\ ), I look forward to my University experience especially since mine seems like it will suite my dedication and strive for quality work rather well.

Put up a new post based on stereotypes

I am now watching you SoA on devianART.

[quote="LQstudiesPixar":3coxgpbs]No problem! I’m in my last year of high school, and I am preparing for going straight to a university. I’m staying in my home-state, Arizona. I probably could go out-of-state, but it’s not for me right now, though I would eventually like to live somewhere else after I finish college. I am certainly aiming for straight A’s as well while keeping in mind I might end up stuck with 1 or 2 annoying B’s. Nonetheless, hopefully I earn the money I need to support myself with, and thank you for wishing me good luck. Since my overall high school experience was just okay (grades were good, but just some of the people: :-\ ), I look forward to my University experience especially since mine seems like it will suite my dedication and strive for quality work rather well.[/quote:3coxgpbs]

That’s a good idea. You’re still young and have your life before you. Plenty of time to move farther away in the future. I graduated three years ago. A lot of kids I know who left home right away for University far away return after a year or two. You’ll do fine, taking a large step but not TOO large. From what you’ve told me and what I know of you, you’ll do well at University!

But as Hamm said in TS3, don’t have [i:3coxgpbs]too [/i:3coxgpbs]much fun :lol: jk

Thank you very much ;-p

Congrats on the acceptance to your uni, EJE! I can tell you from my experience that it is the scariest (and most fun) time of your life! The important thing is to take part in activities on-campus and make lots of friends, and you should be fine. Oh yeah, skipping lectures is fine, but make sure you attend tutorials and finish your assignments on time! :slight_smile:

Looking forward to watching Die Hard with a friend in the city. Also a new cinema opened at a mall in the west (creatively called West Mall), I might visit it to watch Stephen Chow’s Journey To The West and buy Hitman Trilogy HD at one of my favourite gamestores there.

Now we’re both officially done with the semester. Now we’ll just wait to see if we’ll teach on the next one too.

Followed :smiley:

Just finished our Bond marathon. We took a while this time, so that the completion would coincide with Skyfall’s release today.

Thanks! Since I’ll be 21 and have been at college for 3 years already, I’m sure I’ll handle the transition well. I’m just shy so I need to work on that.

Watching Resident Evil: Retribution. Thankfully, that’s the last one.

Here’s the new game. Good Idea/Bad Idea game

The New Nostalgia Critic was awesoem, good way for coming back to it.

Woohoo! Congratulations on your acceptance, EJE!

Currently, I’m debating whether I need more coffee… I would really, really like one, but it’s 10PM and if I have one, I’ll be up 'till 3… Decisions decisions!

Hahaha, of course not! I love that scene with Hamm, too.

Watching Magic Mike.

Congrats! And Skyfall’s out on home video now? Hot d*mn! :open_mouth:

If it’s any consolation, I was a bit of a wallflower in uni too (still am). But some of my closest friendships were forged in the flames of tertiary education! :slight_smile: Don’t worry, there are tons of people who feel the same way too! The best advice I can give is to join a society or even set up one! Who knows, you might be the first to set up a Pixar/Jose Carioca-Appreciation Group! :wink:

If you meant last in the series, I don’t think so, with the horrendously open-ended conclusion! :frowning:

It’s past 1am here and I’ve a meeting with a friend to go watch Die Hard 5, but I’ll probably spend the night here and playing videogames after I log off. :unamused: :slight_smile:

So right now, I discovered that one of the game stores I visit has a preowned copy of Blur going for 15 bucks, and I’m mighty tempted to get it!

[size=85]Still got it.[/size]

I’ll also be watching Bruce “Yippe-ki-yay, mother******” in A Good Day To Die Hard tomorrow with a friend! So excited, I’m a huge fan of the series. Hope this will be another awesome entry in John McClane’s line of (mis)adventures.