What's on your mind? (Status Updates)

Yeah, I’ve seen the Toy Story Van’s shoes, too. I want to get a pair. It’s just that I told my mom about it and she keeps asking me about what if it was only the kids’ sizes that are available…I just don’t get it. :neutral_face:

Animatess:Come to think about it, I have no Pixar fandom-related clothes either, so it’s time to change that!

evspixarfan2012: I think the adult sizes are all sold out since their release in the US, they were extremely popular :open_mouth: Meanwhile I’m still awaiting a UK release date, and yet they’ve put out one for the rest of Europe :confused:

^Actually, I visited the website earlier today and they’ve put the adult sizes right back up! Can you believe that? :smiley:

^Oh wow, guess you’re in luck then! :slight_smile: Which design do you like best?

I haven’t decided yet…because the whole fashion collection is expensive. :laughing:

I am on cloud nine right now.

I’ve just been offered a full time graphic designer position at an online gift retailer! After 2 interviews they said they liked my personality and are happy to work with me and build me up (as I’ve no previous industry experience). I’ve worked so hard for this over the last 5 years (I did a design course before I went to university) and I can’t believe it’s starting to pay off. I mean I didn’t think I’d get one this quickly, I thought it would take years of trying. The industry is hard to get into in the first place. I cried on the way home. I’m so freaking happy :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Now I need to sort out a car asap and let the new manager know when I can start! Eeeeek I’m going to get my first car as well now! :sunglasses:

Congratilations, Ami! :smiley:
I’m really haooy for you, but also a little jealous (see my post in the You Know what Grinds My Gears thread) and something like this would be my cup of tea. Hope you have fun at your work :slight_smile:

Wow, Biggest_Pixar_Fan_Ami…a full-time graphic designer? Good for you! :smiley:

As for me and my job status, I currently work at e-cycling… :wink:

Thank you, both of you! :blush: :smiley: I still can’t believe it.

I start on October 31st, and with it being Halloween I find starting this new job scary enough as it is! :open_mouth: 8D

Also, another thing I’m nervous about is picking up my driving again. I haven’t driven a car in 18 months (since I passed my driving test) so I’ve got to get confident again in just 3 days (I should get my car on Friday). Next weekend should be fun :open_mouth: However I’m so excited that I get to own my very own car for the first time. I can’t wait to meet my baby! :laughing:

And Witch_of_Night, I’ve replied to your comment in the What Grinds Your Gears thread. You’ll get there, hun!

evspixarfan2012: e-cycling? :question:

Ami: Well, what better day to start a new job than on Halloween? You could either see it as a trick or a treat :mrgreen:
Speaking of which, I hope my father buys more chocolate-y type of candy than gummi bears this year. We still have leftover gummi bears from last year (unopened, of course).

And as for driving again, you can do this! You might drive like someone who has had a license for years immediately but you will soon drive like you never stopped driving. And see it that way. if you want to go somewhere, you can use your car instead of public transportation or asking someone for a ride (unless a relative or friend of yours wants to go there too and offers you a ride).

Thanks.
At least no one can say I wasted my time doing nothing. I mean, I’ve written countless job applications and I also used my time to write a fanfic for the first time in a long time and it’s so far my longest (and the longest of the fandom).
… And I got addicted to two Quiz apps…

I sure hope it’s not a trick! :open_mouth: I couldn’t bear the thought of letting this rare opportunity slip away now. I’m definitely seeing it as a treat! :slight_smile: And I can’t wait to drive wherever the heck I want, and also give people rides too. Friday can’t come fast enough! No more getting taxis or walking, or relying on someone else to take me places, yaaaay :slight_smile:

And I don’t see why applying for jobs is a waste of time- in fact I think it’s very productive. You’re trying to change your life, so to speak. What would make it even more productive is that if people actually had the decency to respond to you and told you why you didn’t get offered a certain job, you could take it as feedback/ constructive criticism. But of course people don’t do that so all you have to do is carry on and keep applying.

Besides doing all of that, this past summer has consisted of me just colouring in, doing various arty things, and sleeping (and working in my current job 3 evenings a week). I would have liked to have done some fan art and graphics too but the boards were (and still are) dead, so it’s pointless as no one’s hardly here to review my work. Also there’s no competition anymore :frowning:

E-cycling is the disassembling and recycling of electronic waste to keep them out of landfills.

That’s the spirit! :smiley:
Don’t forget to tell us how you like your new job :slight_smile:

Exactly! But that’s what I feel my would-be employers think the rare times I got a job interview and they asked me what I did since I graduated :confused:

The art part sounds just like my summer, just add watching Shopping Queen, Star Trek and Quiz show and, playing video games and writing my fanfiction.
But it’s really sad how dead the boards are when you think how it used to bustle with activity :confused:
I mean, I have a fanart thread in the Non-Pixar art section but haven’t posted anything in ages. It’s like you said, there’s no point in it when you can hardly expect reviews…

Ah, I see.

Oh, if anyone asks about Shopping Queen: it’s a show that’s been on air since 2012. The team travels to a city in Germany, or Austria, and the five candidates, usually women but men can take part too, have to assemble an outfit to a certain theme they got from German fashion designer Guido Maria Kretschmer. One of the candidates goes shopping while the others stay at her house. Every one of them has a budget of 500€ and a time limit of four hours. At the end of the day, she presents her outfit on the catwalk and the other candidates assess her outfit and give her points. On Friday, Guido will do the same and the one with most pints will be the Shopping Wueen of this city and win 1000€.
The show’s surprisingly good. I came across it when I was bord one day and went to the living room where my mother had the show on for background noise. So, I watched it and got hooked. Now, it’a tradition for me and my mom to watch it from Monday to Friday.

Good news! I’m invited to an aptitude check for a job in an insurance comapny I applied for! The test will be on Wednesday and when all goes well, I might be invited to a job interview. Wish me luck! :smiley:

Happy Thanksgiving, all you other American people!

Try to have a nice day anyway despite not having turkey, all you non-American people! :stuck_out_tongue:

What’s on my mind right now is I’m supposed to be in bed right now, because I have to get up and go to work in the morning, and yet I’m still up this late because…why? :laughing: (LOL don’t ask. I just do that sometimes…)

What’s on my mind is that I still have to print out resumes for my next job search, yet I’m on here instead. :stuck_out_tongue:

Wow, it’s been exactly 5 years since I first joined…hasn’t it? Apparently it has, so happy 5th anniversary for me here!

Just thought you’d like to know, for those of you who I have previously followed on other places like Twitter and DeviantArt, I am no longer going by Pix-Cali-Tropic…instead, you will now know me as PixarFanGirlForever. That new username is just so much more suitable for me than that old one, and it fits me perfectly well too.

Well, happy fifth anniversary, evspixarfan2012 :slight_smile:

Wow, and it’ll be ten years this November since I joined. That was shortly after I watched Ratatouille in theaters. My, how time flies…
Now I’m having six months vocational preparation and in Septermber, I’ll start my apprenticeship for an office job. But that’s not the only improvement in my life; I’ve got a boyfriend! :smiley:
He’s really sweet and fun and always there for his friends. He’s also quite a gentleman and a great cook. But he loves to tease me by tickling me because I make some weird squeaking noises - someone described it once sounding as though a puppy is being tortured. The sad thing is, I can’t get my revenge on him since I’m ticklish about everywhere and he is not ticklish at all. But no matter, I still love him <3

Why thank you so much, Witch_of_Night!

And is your new boyfriend just as good of a cook as Remy is? I’m only asking you this because you mentioned Ratatouille