What's on your mind? (Status Updates)

^Say what?! How could the spambots have possibly found their way into the messaging system?! This is getting out of hand! :angry: :open_mouth:

Someone with no posts sent me a message trying to get me to add “their” e-mail address to my e-mail contact list.

In case it wasn’t obvious, guys, if someone asks you to do that, DON’T.

If I were you, I’d email a moderator (preferably The Star Swordsman as he seems to be the only and most frequent mod around here now) and tell him about it. In the meantime just delete any spambot messages you have. This is getting really bad! :neutral_face: Luckily I haven’t had any of their messages yet. Suppose it won’t be long before I do, though.

I’m off to a great start on my work week so far…lots of old computer towers to disassemble! :mrgreen:

Pixar has announced a title for their next short film to play in front of Cars 3 next year :smiley: Cannot wait to see what Lou is all about! I’m liking the logo for it too.

Now if only they’d release some more Cars 3 details too…

Aye, some Cars 3 details would be great and perhaps a teaser too.

Oh, and I got to see Finding Dory at last! Yippie! And I watched in English, not in German! Double Yippie! And I bought a Star Trek mug, a Pokémon plushie and The Jungle Book on Blu Ray! Triple Yippie! :mrgreen:

Anyway, Finding Dory was just amazing. It was just as charming and funny as Finding Nemo.I really liked the new characters, though I think Hank’s my favorite. He was so cranky but also a real softie. Must be his three hearts.

Oh, and the short preceding Dory was just adorable. I probably died a few times of cuteness <3

I’m so happy you finally got to see Finding Dory! :slight_smile: That and the fact that you bought all those other things too (just what Pokemon is your plushie, by the way?)

In other news, I finished work later than normal last night (stressful shift) and on my way home in the taxi I passed a motorcycle that was on fire. It had been stolen (there’s a big field near to where I live and occasionally some idiots steal mini motorcycles and ride them around there illegally, a and then burn them to destroy any evidence) so in some ways I wasn’t surprised. But it was well alight right next to a hedge and someone’s house, and a bus stop right there on the pavement/sidewalk, so it could have been very dangerous if it had spread! Luckily I think someone had already called the emergency services because I saw some guy get out of his car and was on his phone as he stood watching the fire. Still, it was kinda a scary sight, and hopefully no one was hurt :open_mouth:

Thanks, Ami :slight_smile:
My new Pokémon is a Pumpkaboo. I haven’t played Pokémon X and Y since I don’t have a 3DS but I saw it and fell in love with its design. It reminded me of Halloween. It was also my first Pokémon plushie in approximately ffifteen years. My last one was a Morlord and although I wished for more for my birthday and for Christmas but never got one, so I assumed they weren’t produced anymore or at least sold. So, my Pumpkaboo is my only Pokémon that’s neither from Generation 1 nor 2.

As for the motorcycle on fire: How stupid can one be? If one plans to set a vehicle on fire, then they should do so somewhere nothing could catch fire too! Or better yet, don’t set it on fire at all and don’t steal them in the first place! I, too, hope no one was hurt.

My school’s showing Finding Dory for free in a week. I didn’t want to spend money on it, and I figure this will be my only chance to see it without doing so, so even though I really don’t want to go I’m going to.

Witch_of_Night: I literally just had to google what Pumpkaboo looked like as I was only thinking of Pokemon from Pokemon Go :blush: But you actually stated that it was from Pokemon X and Y (sorry, I’m not completely awake yet!). But now I have looked it up, I must admit Pumpkaboo looks pretty cute! Also it seems like it’s 2 Pokemon in 1 (the hair and the body). And yes, very fitting for Halloween :slight_smile:

And as for the bike, I suspect people would usually burn it in the middle of a field where they ride it around, or dump it in a scrapyard. I don’t see the fun in riding stolen motorbikes in the first place either, and I’m also terrified of fire. I saw the burnt remains of it (and the bush) yesterday. It looked like the fire hadn’t spread at all, luckily.

Animatess: I hope you enjoy Finding Dory and that it will be worth while for you :slight_smile:

Has anyone seen the new line of Toy Story Vans (the shoes) that are about to be released? They all look so cute! I need the mint green ones with Rex, Hamm and all the other toys on in my life inserts heart eyes emoji

I don’t really like Vans but I think I might just buy the Woody backpack for novelty.

I’m more of a Converse person myself, I’ve never actually owned a pair of Vans :unamused: But because its Pixar (and also because I like the pattern and design) I’m gonna buy them, partially for novelty’s sake too. But I’ll make every attempt to match them with any outfit I have!

For the record, I ended up not seeing Finding Dory. Normally when my school puts a movie in the student theater it’s there for three days and has multiple showing times, but for whatever reason this one only got one showing time, and my family was visiting me during it. I was going to drag them to it, but, well, I didn’t want to go, they didn’t seem interested, so we didn’t go.

And I’ve seen the shoes. I’d consider (well, not anymore, cause I got new sneakers already) but it’s about the time of year where it’s cold enough for my Buzz Lightyear jacket, and I try to minimize the amount of fandom stuff I wear.

Yeah, I’ve seen the Toy Story Van’s shoes, too. I want to get a pair. It’s just that I told my mom about it and she keeps asking me about what if it was only the kids’ sizes that are available…I just don’t get it. :neutral_face:

Animatess:Come to think about it, I have no Pixar fandom-related clothes either, so it’s time to change that!

evspixarfan2012: I think the adult sizes are all sold out since their release in the US, they were extremely popular :open_mouth: Meanwhile I’m still awaiting a UK release date, and yet they’ve put out one for the rest of Europe :confused:

^Actually, I visited the website earlier today and they’ve put the adult sizes right back up! Can you believe that? :smiley:

^Oh wow, guess you’re in luck then! :slight_smile: Which design do you like best?

I haven’t decided yet…because the whole fashion collection is expensive. :laughing:

I am on cloud nine right now.

I’ve just been offered a full time graphic designer position at an online gift retailer! After 2 interviews they said they liked my personality and are happy to work with me and build me up (as I’ve no previous industry experience). I’ve worked so hard for this over the last 5 years (I did a design course before I went to university) and I can’t believe it’s starting to pay off. I mean I didn’t think I’d get one this quickly, I thought it would take years of trying. The industry is hard to get into in the first place. I cried on the way home. I’m so freaking happy :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Now I need to sort out a car asap and let the new manager know when I can start! Eeeeek I’m going to get my first car as well now! :sunglasses:

Congratilations, Ami! :smiley:
I’m really haooy for you, but also a little jealous (see my post in the You Know what Grinds My Gears thread) and something like this would be my cup of tea. Hope you have fun at your work :slight_smile: