What's the point of a secret identity?

The Jiame Reyes Blue Beetle, who, by the way, is awesome and I suggest his first series to anyone who wants to get into comic books with a character who doesn’t have 30 years+ of continuity, tells his entire family and two best friends. Other heroes don’t tell anyone (like most of the stories about Spiderman in his early years), and some only their significant others or partners. Linkara is under the opinion that telling your close friends and family protects them more than if they didn’t know.

Personally, I think your love interest only has the right to know if you are married, or if they’re super too. I guess that’s just me. 8D

what if they use their powers for evil?

Then kill them and don’t look back. :wink: JK, put them in jail. 8D

So I guess that means I would have to break up with them.

Yes. Batman did it, so must you. :wink: :wink: :frowning:

If Batman has done, I would do it.

Yes. 8D

Hey now, Batman and Catwoman are pretty much dating now…though she’s also reformed. He did have the tendency to kind of, uh, look the other way when she did her thing before she reformed though. Really, Batman was kind of a bad example, because heck if there isn’t a female villain of his he hasn’t kissed some time or another. 8D

If ol’ Bats has taught us anything, its that dating a criminal is not really right, but by God is it tempting…

Oh, by the way guys, speaking of secret identities, I just found the best clip ever.

If I was in a relationship, I would not tell my significant other/girlfriend/wife about my secret identity. Yes, there is the issue of trust, but to protect her, she can’t know. For both my and her sake.

That’s why Spiderman does it.

I can understand if she was just your girlfriend, but if she was your wife I think she has the right to know.

Good point Rac_rules.

What about your parent’s?

Depends, I think. Again, Blue Beetle told his parents and little sister, and so they could help him with his work.

If it was my spouse, they would definitely know for sure. Boyfriend?: No way.

I guess it all depends. My mom is overprotective, so she would tell me to stop with the hero work. But to protect them, It would probably be best they they don’t know.

I think I would tell them at one point but not for a long time. I mean, their your parent’s they gave birth to you.

If that were the case, finding the right time to tell them would be hard.

What about you’re pets?