Which Pixar film always makes you cry?

Wall-E: [spoil]When his memory is erased.[/spoil]

Up: [spoil]When Ellie passes away[/spoil] and [spoil]when Dug walks off after Carl shouts “Bad dog!”[/spoil]

I have to say I don’t cry to movies either, it might sound cold hearted but I can tell you I always ALMOST cry, hehe.

In Toy Story 2 with the whole Jessie flashback, that song I just barely made it through without crying!

OF COURSE the end in Monsters Inc.

And like ffdude1906 and I discussed the other day, the speech in Ratatouille in the end, it’s so beautiful not really a “omg how sad” moment to tear up but a rather “this is so beautiful i think I’m gonna cry” kind of moment.

And WALL-E, in the end, wow that was sad the music the movement the animation, it all just screamed “sad”!

Ahh, where do I begin!

TS2: Jessie’s past is so sad. I literally said “I’m never gonna throw a toy away again!” last time I saw it.

Monsters: Pretty much the last 10 minutes of the movie, I freaking bawl.

Nemo: Seen this movie about 12 times, and never cried til the last time I saw it. The part where Dory says “I’m with you, and,… and I’m home”, really touching.

The Incredibles: I tear up when Bob says “I can’t lose you again! I’m not strong enough.”

Ratatouille: Linguini’s speech revealing Remy tears me up a bit, and Ego’s last critique is really beautiful. Simon heard me wiping my tears at that part. :smiley:

Wall•E: Teared up a bit during the part where EVE’s trying to fix his memory. Pretty sad moment.

Up: Good lord, ok

[spoil]Ellie’s death at the beginning, of course.

The campfire scene, when Russell asks Carl to cross his heart. One of the most clever and touching moments in Pixar history, bar none.

Holy cow, the scene where Carl is looking through the Adventure Book and finds the pictures in the back, and Ellie’s message, RIPS ME APART. I ruin shirts after this scene, this is the one that kills me folks, every single time. GAH, I love this scene! I especially love the part afterwards where Dug pops the best line in any movie ever. “I was hiding under your porch because I love you. Can I stay?” That line, and Carl’s transformation, “Can you stay? Well you’re my dog aren’t ya? And I’m your master!” “You are my master?! Oh boy! Oh boy!” Favorite movie moment in the universe. :slight_smile:

And, finally, Carl’s passing on the Ellie Badge to Russell. Really happy moment, and the two of them and Dug sitting on the curb at Fenton’s tops it off. Really amazing ending, I love it. Just wish there was more we could see between Russell and the new Carl. :slight_smile:[/spoil]

WallE is my tearjerker. Especially toward the ending after EVE repaired him and WallE didn’t recognize her. And then when he DID recognize her. “Squee” tears at that point.

Then Up had some really tear jerking moments. I guess it would be the montage at the beginning when it showed that they couldn’t have children…whatever that reason is. Oh. And when Kevin was really close to her babies and got captured. I really felt like screaming “NOOO!!!” but I was in a theater :unamused:

Finding Nemo has too many to list, but its every time the soft theme music plays (when Marlin finds the egg, finding Nemo (lol) after escaping the net, the belly of the whale when Marlin tells Dory that he’d never let anything happen to Nemo. Oh, there’s a lot!

Those are the main three that I can think of right now :confused:

I’ve never really cried during a movie, but I’ve come really close during Married Life and Stuff we Did from Up. I was also really worried and freaked out when WALL-E lost his memory. To make it even better, some kid screamed WALL-E’s Dead!

I’ve only “cried” during Up, but I come close on all of them.

Well, I just watch TS2 for the first time in YEARS!
And I was right at the verge of crying during Jessie’s flashback with “When Somebody Loved Me”…but I wasn’t going to with my brothers around.

Oh my goodness :open_mouth:

I cry very easily at movies, books, even sometimes video games :open_mouth: The opening of Finding Nemo, with the music and Marlin’s “daddy’s here” line really gets me. The “When She Loved Me” flashback scene from TS2 always brings a tear to my eye. But by far the Pixar movie that made me cry the most was Up. I cried during the opening montage (of course) and when Carl [spoil]reads Ellie’s Adventure Book, and finds the line “Thanks for the adventure, now go have another one.”[/spoil] Those were kinda happy tears though :stuck_out_tongue:

Ha! When Don’t I cry? YD I think the one i cried the most for was Up though >> you have-ta have like no soul to not cry in that movie YD I just watch Toy Story 3 and ya there was no way i wasn’t going to cry in that movie too YD Especially in Wall-e at the end -I so burst into tears YDD Its bad because i already get so into the movie so I’m like gasping and ooing and awing and all that lovey mess so when i knew Wall-e was ‘gone’ I was like “Oh no!” Followed by “Waaaaaaah~” YDDD In Monsters, Inc I was already attached to Boo when i first saw her because I’m a girl so 1 for the mother genes Ha That also played in on Up when Ellie couldn’t have kids (AAANNDDD my newly born cousin -who is like my Niece- was nicknamed by me, Ellie) >> Up was sad on so many ways though and i extra think things anyway to add all that too me being a crybaby YDD

Well, I’ve never really cried because of a movie, I guess that’s just the type of person I am. Then again, I haven’t really cried in the past few years at all. I have, however, had my eyes water up and become close to crying at some of the scenes in Pixar movies, which is basically like the me equivalent of bawling my eyes out. :stuck_out_tongue:

Wall-E: The ending gets me everytime! I just get the shivers thinking what if Wall-E never woke up or regained his memory. The first time I saw it I was like screaming at my TV screen, “NO! Don’t do this to me, Pixar!”

Finding Nemo: There’s like 50 scenes in this that make me want to cry! First, the beginning with the attack on the reef and the music is playing. Then the scene where Dory and Marlin are inside the whale, and also when Dory is pleading Marlin to not leave her.

Toy Story 2: “When She Loved Me”

Toy Story 3: Well, I’ve only seen it twice, but both of those times I teared up at the ending.

Cars: “Our Town” and “Goodbye”

I only almost cried at the end of Toy Story 3 because that was most definitely the most emotional part when [spoil]Andy and Bonnie played together and Andy described the toys to Bonnie[/spoil]

I love it when Pixar makes me cry (call me crazy, but that’s me!) :stuck_out_tongue:

1. TS2, the Jessie “When She Loved Me” montage.
    I find that not only is it sad, but it makes me feel guilty- when Emily grows up and forgets about Jessie for make-up and teenage girly stuff. That’s what I’ve done (and probably every girl here too!) I know that’s how life goes, but it still makes me upset to watch it.

2. Cars- the “Our Town” moment. Reminiscing always makes me cry, for some reason.

3. But the most tear-jerking film of all, as a lot of you may agree, is Up. The part where Ellie dies didn’t bring me to tears, but did cause a balloon-sized (no pun intended) lump in my throat. The bit where Carl looked back through Ellie’s scrapbook was the moment that made me blub, as it did with a lot of you guys.

I’ve yet to see TS3, but I’m sure the ending will have me in a mini pool.

I cried during Toy Story 3. Twice!
[spoil] 1. When Andy’s mom walks into Andy’s empty room. 2. When Andy gives his toys to Bonnie[/spoil]

And I teared up during Up a bit. When Carl finally got to the falls and found what Ellie wrote in the Adventure Book.

Toy Story 2 - Jessie’s song
Monsters, Inc. - When Sulley leaves Boo
Wall•E - When Wall•E is fixed
Up - The entire movie
Toy Story 3 - [spoil]When Andy plays with Bonnie[/spoil]
…and I know it’s a short, but I always cry during Red’s Dream.

I came SO close to crying at the end of Toy Story 3. Seriously, I had to look away from the screen a few seconds. :slight_smile: But that only made the movie more awesome.

Toy Story 3.

I got teary in up when Ellie dies.

I also cried in [spoil]Toy Story 3 when Andy plays with Bonny.[/spoil]

I think if I watched all Toy Stories back-to-back, I would break near the start of TS3. Or maybe at a third viewing…I nearly broke some 5 times.

WALL-E, at first, just wanted to make me run a marathon.

It takes quite a bit for me to actually cry during my first viewing of a movie.

There is always a moment that makes me cry in EVERY Pixar film…John Lasseter himself has said that for every laugh in the film, there should be a tear. Pixar is all about the story, as you all are aware, and thus, you have those tear-jerking heart-touching moments that stay with you always!

For me, these are the moments that always make me cry:

Toy Story ~ [spoil]Woody and Buzz trapped in Sid’s room with Woody admitting that Buzz is a cool toy…much cooler than him.[/spoil]

A Bug’s Life ~ 2 scenes actually…[spoil]when Atta sends flick away from the colony, and when Dot tells Flick “pretend it’s a seed, okay?” [/spoil]

Toy Story 2 ~ [spoil]Jessie tells the story of her and Emily[/spoil]

Monsters Inc. ~ [spoil]Sully saying goodbye to Boo[/spoil]

Finding Nemo ~ 2 scenes…[spoil]Dory and Marlin in the whale, and when Marlin and Nemo are reunited.[/spoil]

The Incredibles ~ [spoil]When Bob admits that he’s not strong enough[/spoil]

Cars ~ “I didn’t get to say goodbye to him…”

Ratatouille ~ [spoil]Remy and Gusteu in the back of Skinner’s car[/spoil]

WALL-E ~ There are so many, I can’t mention them all…but the one above the others would have to be when [spoil]WALL-E comes back to life and his memory is erased[/spoil]

Up ~ 2 scenes… [spoil]when Carl finally reaches Paradise Falls and reads the back of Ellie’s Adventure Book…and the ending where Carl awards Russell the Ellie Badge[/spoil]

Toy Story 3 ~[spoil] the ending when Andy leaves[/spoil]

Pixar has captivated our hearts and imaginations in amazing ways… :slight_smile: As Brad Bird says, fiction is only an image of real life…and Pixar has done a wonderful job of telling the story of life, love, and friendship in so many different ways.

THREE CHEERS FOR PIXAR!!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Well I’ll admit that I’ve always had trouble with movies getting me to cry, but I feel like they should cause while I enjoy watching them I want them to really move me and I would feel bad if I was too hardhearted to cry over an emotional scene (I kind of blame being desensitized by so many other shows I’ve watched when some of them were anything but emotional). However Pixar has been getting better and better lately at moving me with their films, especially towards the end of Toy Story 3.