Who has the best Signature?

I think my ideal sig would be amazing, but I can’t get anyone to send me the pic. I also need some confirmation to see if it’s too spoiler-ish. Man, I want that sig.

TSS has a nice one, lots of good moments there (Edna’s demon face ftw)

I like Rolfcoptinator’s D’oh sig from Finding Nemo. Gotta love Homerisms! :slight_smile:

I also like ffdude1906’s single-line “Afternoon” sig. Not spoilerific, and brings back memories of when none of us had any idea about Up and just saw the teaser.

Rac_rule’s jibe at Twilight got a chuckle out of me too. Never understood the phenom, although since I haven’t watched the movie, I can’t exactly have justification for my cynicism. Although i’m willing to bet I’ll still think of Wall-E as the better romantic movie even after seeing Twilight.

I’ll be wearing a new sig to promote my next silly nonsense mash-up, so stay tuned…

lol Changed my sig again, this time to address our childhood memories. :stuck_out_tongue:

~ Flare

Wow, you really are on a campaign here, Flare? :open_mouth: I wish you luck, cos’ as much as I like the summer releases so far, I do wish H-wood would come up with more original fare than sequels (TF2, IA3, T4, HP6), TV-adaptations (Star Trek, Bruno, GI Joe), remakes (Taking of Pelham 123), biopics (Public Enemies) and book-adaptations (Coraline, Where the Wild Things Are, Fantastic Mr Fox). I can probably count the amount of original big-screen releases (discounting small-time indy films) on my right hand (9, District 9, Surrogates, Up, G-Force… and yup, the rest are winter releases). :neutral_face: This phenomenon is bigger than I thought.

I like FounderofAzn’s sig of Flight 4. All graphic novel and animation enthusiasts, please do yourself a favour and go buy or borrow these anthologies, now! I had the opportunity to actually read the volume in FoA’s sig, and the stories and illustrations were stunningly amazing and imaginative of the highest order! Some of them were weird, some of them sad, some of them were funny, but all of them were very, very creative. Michel Gagne, Johane Matte and Doug TanNapel were a few of my favourite artists. I have yet to read Vol 1 and 5. :slight_smile: Sorry for the ramble there.

Mitch- You’re welcome :slight_smile: !

The Star Swordsman- Thanks :slight_smile: ! It’s simple, but I think it says it all :wink: .

I could make you something if you’d like. I have a few graphics made. Maybe I could give you a selection. I’ve been thinking of opening a graphics thread of my own. You could check that out when I post it if you want.

Phileas- You have a rather nice siggy :wink: . I like that screen cap where Violet and Dash are seeing for the first time what their Mom and Dad can do :stuck_out_tongue: . And the UP reference is clever. :wink:

I like Flare’s new signature. Really conjures up a sense of “Dude, you are right. We really need to stop all these horrible movies.”

And thanks thedriveintheatre, I’m reading Flight-Volume I right now(was looking at the Graphic Novels section of Borders and found the cover art beautiful), but it was Volume Four that really caught my eye. The concept of it is just so imaginative, and the different shades of blue were spectacular as well.

Violet Parr: I would love to see some of your graphics. I would be really happy if I find something I love so much that I would love to use it as a siggy.

Great sig Bryko, that’s a wonderful moment in the movie. Hey, any chance you could send me the pic for the sig I want?

Thanks for the support, thedriveintheater and FounderofAzn; glad you guys like my sig. :smiley: With supporters like you and ffdude1906, we could hopefully see a brighter tomorrow for the cinematic future. :wink:

~ Flare

Hehe, thanks Dragon, you’re a solid dude as well. Glad to see someone else is craving better movies.

Man, If I get my Russell drawing done tomorrow, I may wanna get those scanned and put em in my sig, that’d be kinda neat! :smiley:

Flare - LLGM! Goes back to watching Disaster Movie :stuck_out_tongue:

ffdude1906 - Ooh… I can’t wait!

Shows off TF2 fanworks promo sig How’d ya like it, bubs? Get ready for some serious action!

I like it, thedriveintheatre. It’s all action-packed - widescreen signature! :slight_smile: I’m looking forward to those 3 works you have coming. A new art piece, woo!

Dragon - I feel the same way about movie companies ruining our treasured nostalgic TV shows and movies. I mean, The Smurfs movie?! Hopefully people will be inspired to boycott those bad movies and take a look at your ratings threads for how to avoid them.

By the way, I know I only seem to comment on others’ signatures and avatars when I change mine, but that’s only because if I have time to change mine, then I usually have time to comment, but if I don’t have time to do one, I usually won’t have time to do the other. Capiche? :slight_smile:

Thanks for the comment, Rachel! Expect them sooner than you think!

Comprende. :slight_smile:

With regards to your new sig, what’s the link between the screenshots used and the title ‘The Definitive Pixar In-Jokes List’,? I only saw the one of Nemo and the diver, and the one of the Toy Story outer-space so far, it seems you’re using the randomizer program… are there any in-jokes in those screenshots?

EDIT I posted this message and saw the sig change to the one of the space-bus from YFTR. Now that was an in-joke I got. :slight_smile:

Yes, there’s in-jokes in every one of the signatures - have fun finding them! There’s only 5 signatures at the mo’ but I’ll add more later.

I just had a second look at the Toy Story sig of outer space, and I think I just spotted the in-joke (it’s in the ‘constellation’!). Pretty cool, I didn’t notice that before!
Great idea to promote the thread, can’t wait to see the other two (and maybe more in the future) sigs! Now to inspect the one of Nemo and the diver… :slight_smile:

Thanks, [b:278vzpgn]Rachel[/b:278vzpgn]. I need to stop being lazy and start getting to work, too (I got caught up with watching the film). Seems like [i:278vzpgn]that[/i:278vzpgn] review will be up a little bit later. :P

As for [i:278vzpgn]The Smurfs[/i:278vzpgn] movie, we could only hope for the filmmakers to make it a good one. While battling the moviepocalypse, we could easily get caught up in criticizing the bad points of movies and not focus on the good ones, so let’s give it a chance - for now. ;)

Like Marcus Wright said in [i:278vzpgn]Salvation[/i:278vzpgn] (can’t believe I’m actually quoting from that movie…), "Everybody deserves a second chance." And also, Sarah Connor in [i:278vzpgn]Terminator 2[/i:278vzpgn], "There’s no fate but what we make," just like there’s no such thing as an eternal fate of bad movies for H-wood but what it makes for itself… and for us.

God, I’m feeling so deep right now. :-\

~ Flare

I love your new sig TDIT! I just saw Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen and now I’m a total fan. :laughing:

Aang likes icecream.

My new sig below has not been altered in any way. It’s a real ad that’s been popping up on major internet web sites.

I haven’t seen many movies that can truthfully claim they’re the number one grossing movie in the world. The end MUST be near 'coz it’s one of the WORST movies ever (aside from the effects), yet it proudly claims itself to be the best thing that’s happened since the creation of Pixar Animation Studios.

Voice your desire to have movies with STORIES and CHARACTERS (along with great effects). Box Office is your voting booth. The more money a movie makes, the more H-wood thinks that’s what we want, even if it’s crappy in everything except for its CGI. We’ve got 2 years till Transformers 3, so let the battle for good movies continue!

~ Flare

Yeah, that’s a tad big headed of them to go out and advertise that. I think T2 is absolute garbage, and the fact that so many people are falling for it’s shallow cheap entertainment makes be a bit ill. I finally totally understand what you’ve been talking about this whole time. Pixar could be content with knowing what they’ve got is substantially more hefty, wholesome, and meaningful, but they deserve more credit than they get for the box office.

The fact that T2 is eating so much out of America’s wallet when there are movies like Up, or even Drag Me To Hell that provide so much more for the same ticket starts to make you think. T2 plays with smoke and mirrors, cheap thrills, and crude humor, while the others give viewers rich stories, deep characters, wholesome laughs, spine-chilling suspense, and better design. It’s a real shame to see so many fall for the money shots and big names rather than go for what’s known for excellence in all areas.

That being said, excellent sig Dragon, it proves your point quite wonderfully.