Why do you love or hate this movie??

…Being funny and sympathetic doesn’t excuse trying to murder in cold blood a woman and her children, presumably our favorite characters.

I agree, Syndrome did get what he deserved in the end after trying to kill Violet, Dash, Helen, Bob, and kidnap Jack Jack. I still love him as a villain though. :smiling_imp:

No, it doesn’t, but do two wrongs make a right? He deserved retribution, but killing him wasn’t the right thing to do either.

I love him better than some of the more popular characters(Frozone, Mirage…), I just thought his bitterness was a litte over reacting. Arkie, I respect your opinion(and somewhat agree), but I think Syndrome himself would prefer death to a mental institution.

Well, yes, it was overreacting, but rejection doesn’t usually drive people to mass murder so there was pretty clearly something wrong with him (which was probably why he was so intelligent, as well). I agree that he would prefer death, but I would have preferred that he, you know, not died. :laughing: I guess I just don’t like seeing all of his potential go to waste.

Yeah, I don’t like seeing Syndrome die, either. I haven’t watched The Incredibles in quite a long time, but as far as I remember, his death seemed sort of accidental, right? In a way it’s sort of Syndrome’s own fault because of his cape. But the whole ‘he got what he deserved’ thing I don’t agree with. Only the courts could really decide what he deserved, so I would’ve much preferred for him to have been arrested and dealt with appropriately. I can understand why Pixar decided that he should die in the way that he did- it provides closure and is much less long-winded than an alternative ending- but in an ideal world, I don’t think it was the best way to deal with him.

I love the characters, the music, I thought it had a great story. I loved everything about this movie! I think it is a wonderful idea to have the fantastic and the mundane both in a superhero movie. I also love superheroes and this is my favourite superhero movie. I love the way the effects were done with the force fields and other powers. So as I said before I loved everything in this movie!

Wow, I forgot this thread existed. :stuck_out_tongue:

Those are great reasons, pixarmilan! :smiley:

High five dude!

@The Star Swordsman
High Five back at you.
@IncredigirlVirginia
Thanks and I love your signature and avatar.

Thanks dude. I like totally agree with everything oyu said.

@The Star Swordsman
Your Welcome.

Is the Incredibles your favorite Pixar movie?

The Incredibles, Ratatouille and Toy Story 3 are equally my favourite Pixar films. I just can’t decide which of those three I like the most. My profile says Toy Story 3 because I just couldn’t decide and when I made my profile I was in the Toy Story 3 mood probably because I had seen it the most recently then. So as I said The Incredibles is My favourite Pixar movie along with Ratatouille and Toy Story 3. All three of them are absolute 10 out of 10s for me.

Since this thread is active again, I changed the title to be more explicative. There’s a rule in PP about that:

pixarmilan: The incredibles is my favorite movie of all time, but the other pixar films you mentioned have a spot in my heart too.

And thanks Spirit!

No problem.

I simply love this film. Why? Because it’s very well made (it’s a piece of art) and appeals to me at the same time.

Great yet unique answer SoA. Most people love the action, characters, story, but you love it because it’s a stunning piece of work that captivated you.

It’s like a combination of all factors. It’s a wonderfully executed film. So the story is solid, the main characters are fleshed out and the action is outstandingly choreographed.

All pieces must work. After all, a movie is like an enormous clock :wink:

8D Well said SoA. Totally agreed.