Why do you love or hate this movie??

You just made my day, Spirit! 8D :smiley:

Agreed IV! :wink:

Whilst The Incredibles isn’t one of my favourite Pixar movies, I’d still take it over, say, Shrek :slight_smile:.
One thing I really love is the character and set designs. Brad Bird has a really unique style, and it looks amazing. The script is extremely solid and theres some great quotes, and it really suceeds in delivering a realistic view of family life, and the struggles and sacrifices made. It ticks all the boxes, and it’s a great film, but for some reason it’s never really clicked with me as well as most other Pixar films have.

Nice list, definedancing! And personally, I think that’s totally understandable. I’m not crazy about Finding Nemo, myself. Though I do have a reason for that. 8D

Great reasons though definedancing. Even though it doesn’t strike you as much as pixar’s other masterpieces, I’m glad that you still enjoyed it.

I love the Incredibles because it is filled with awesomeness!

Amen to that dude.

I absolutely agree with you.

Well, that’s the best response yet! All the reason in the world. 8D

Agreed!

I really like this movie!!! I like how even if they are superheroes, they aren’t perfect. I haven’t seen it in awhile because our DVD broke, and we just got a new one.

I agree with you, even superheroes aren’t perfect.

I love how Pixar shows how Supers, while amazing, are still human, just like us. And that’s what makes the characters so lovable.

I agree.

I’ve learned that a Super hero without flaws, without any weakenss, that is 100% perfect is boring. And Pixar’s Incredibles are certainly not boring.

While I do enjoy reading Superman comics, a Superhero with flaws is more interesting than one without flaws. And The Incredibles is definitely not boring. :smiley:

When I break it down, I love The Incredibles mostly because of three reasons.

1. The villain is given just as much love and attention to detail as any other character (if not more), which is a huge problem with some films nowadays.

2. Every viewer can find something relatable. It doesn’t matter if you’re in 4th Grade, High school, college, a parent of three, or 85. Chances are there is at least something you can find relatable. Personally, it’d have to be Syndrome’s pre-evil relationship with Mr Incredible, and how it was as if his passion had betrayed himself.

3. The greatest aspect of The Incredibles: its rewatchability. One reason why I don’t like Toy Story 3 is that it’s really meant to be seen once or twice. After a few viewings, its flaws really show themselves, the jokes all fall flat, and the emotions tend to deteriorate a bit and feel a tad silly. This is not the case with The Incredibles. It’s full of action that one can watch again and again. The present issues are still strong and relevant to this day. Even the jokes; there are so many effective jokes that one may actually forget certain jokes are in the film, then be in for a great suprise the next time they pop in the DVD.

Oh and Edna Mode is my favorite movie character of all time. So you know, that helps a lot. :sunglasses:

I agree with this. I think it applies to most Pixar films actually. For me, everytime I watch this film, and even ones I’ve seen tons of times like Toy Story and WALL-E, I get more each time I watch it. The Incredibles gets put on the TV about twice a year and I think i’ve caught it everytime. It doesn’t get old. :slight_smile:

I’ve never really noticed this before, but it’s totally true. The Incredibles is probably my most watched Pixar movie (besides Up).

I think rewatchability is a totally subjective thing. I’ve watched Toy Story 3 a lot more than The Incredibles.

I agree more with definedancing’s views on the matter.