Why do you love or hate this movie??

I like this movie because it’s just an interesting concept of a superhero family, with each having different powers. Also, it is a very funny movie.

It is however, my least Pixar film. I still like The Incredibles, just not as much as the other films. I think the reason why is I just never could get into this movie. That’s probably because I’ve never been really big into the Superhero genre in general.

While I am really into superheroes I understand that superheroes aren’t for everyone. I agree with the reasons you gave of why you like the movie.

Chuckles: That is like the best set of reasons ever!! And I agree entirely, especially with reason #3. I mean, I’m not saying Toy Story 3 isn’t a good movie. Partly because obviously it is, partly because I did enjoy it very much when I saw it in the theater, and because well if I said that, someone would kill me. o_0 But either way, after seeing Toy Story 3 5 times I pretty much never want to watch it again, mostly because of character things and I agree that the emotional moments sort of make me roll my eyes now. It’s not an emotional movie for me at all anymore, and honestly, I really hate parts of it. I guess I’m just broken, or something.

Chuckles: I like your reasons dude!

Definedancing: I always try to watch it when it’s on TV, especially with my family. Always enjoyable.

What I love, is that Brad Bird actually puts the characters in peril. That to me is what’s missing from alot of animated films. There’s often the feel that everything is going to turn out alright so much of the time.

It sounds kind of wrong, but when Brad actually had the plane blow-up, that to me pushed the film, because every other person would have had Violet miraculously throw up a force-field and save them. Even the way that scene ends with Helen opening up into a parachute, the audience kind of gives a laugh of ‘relief’ that they survived. I remember seeing that scene with fresh audiences when I worked a theater in 2004, and the reaction to that was always fun to experience. It was kind of like the collective gasp when the audience sees Bruce for the first time in ‘Finding Nemo.’

I’m also not big on superheroes either, except batman. I also like the family concept, instead of a young single guy or something. I like how they show kids with superpowers too. That’s really neat!

Yep, me too! I said my favorite thing about this movie is that it involves a family of superheros.

Those are great reasons uruseiranma and Amy43.

I liked everything about this film except that it ends on a cliffhanger. Don’t know about any of you guys but I like it when films have the loose ends tied such as problems being resolved.

I didn’t see it exactly as a cliffhanger.

To me it was more like… The supers are back, and they’re ready to fight against every enemy that threatens the city.

I don’t think that is a cliffhanger, and I even doubt that the Underminer will be back if a sequel is made.

I personally love that kind of endings when properly made, and I think it perfectly fits the superhero genre of the films.

Well, I suppose it isn’t a cliffhanger after all. I guess it’s a better ending to these kind of superhero type films. I might have to rewatch the ending again to see how I think of it now.

I agree.

I think the ending was kind of a cliffhanger. Not necessarily the UNderminer as the returning bad guy, but it just leaves it open for more adventure for the Incredibles.

I agree. Besides, they already did a sequel with The Underminer which was a video game.

If anything, I think in a possible sequel, he’ll be in like the first 10 minutes as a set up, or nothing else.

I agree.

I don’t think the sequel would take place exactly after the first one, which is why I think he won’t be in it at all.

Maybe as a passing cameo (if they don’t want to cast Ratzenberger in a different role), but I think he will be already defeated, and probably in jail.

I don’t think he will be in a prominent role.

I love this movie so much, its the onl movie I took with me to college.

It is a wonderful film.