You know what really grinds my gears?

I hate that, too. No one has the right to tell someone how to live life. I live my life the way I want and I don’t care what others say.

Other things I hate:
At the bus stop are some little boys who think they are so cool and smart. Even though they go at a school for really dumb kids. They just can’t shut up and have no respect for older people. And one day they asked me for a cigarette (and I’m no smoker) and they are about 8, 9, 10 years old.

If someone smokes while I’m eating.

When we get visitors and they didn’t even tell us that they come to visit.

wow to the first one, that’s just whacked! O.o

i agree with the second one, im allergic to cigarette smoke and it makes me wheeze (i have athsma), and plus it’s just so gross >.<

and the third one is very interesting, can you explain why you it bothers you? im just curious :slight_smile:

Well, it’s just you might don’t have anything to offer them and if you were planning something you might have to drop it. On my birthday my mother and I wanted to watch my new Phantom of the Opera DVD, but while I was with my father at a zoo just for birds in the little town Marlow a colleagues of my parents’ came to visit with his wife. So my mother was with them the whole evening, drinking alcohol and the wife can’t abide too much alcohol. The result: alcoholic poisoning and insanity.
And it’s just rude.

Okay, it’s not a good reason, but it can’t be helped.

ah ok :slight_smile: i think it’s a good reason :slight_smile: i was just wondering

Oh yeah, makes sense. Smoking is nasty, and it also does stuff to people near the smoker. It turns your fingernails yellow, your teeth brown, it weakens your heart, destroy your lungs, and shortens your life. It also gives bad breath, makes you more tense, and it causes people around to breathe poision, even if they’re non-smokers. Bottom line- smoking is a big mistake. Glad I’m not a smoker.
But getting back on topic,

Pop-up ads: They just pop up whenever and sometimes they claim that they can tell your future or say who you’ll fall in love with, but they’re after personal info. Sometimes they even say “Congrats you won a free…” whatever it is, but without reason, so I don’t trust those.

Horoscopes: I don’t use them, don’t believe in them. They tell you how to live your life and everything. I don’t like the idea of being bossed around by a horoscope. Saying when is a good day for something and a bad thing for something else should be a person’s choice, not a fortune-telling thing. Horoscopes although have coincidences, they can be wrong about simple things. Like just of when your birthday is doesn’t mean your personality has to match what they say. Hororscopes are doing the same as some people: telling you how to live your life.

Well, I have never seen someone smoke in front of me while I eat, but another thing that really grinds my gears is when I see people my age start doing drugs. What the heck? We go through all of this trouble telling each other never do drugs, they we end up doing it anyways. Why?

I know! At school there are so many reminders not to use drugs, red ribbon week, DARE, etc. And all the time the students learn and agree that drugs are nasty. They even get annoyed being reminded so many times because they already promised never to use drugs. Then, some years later, all those reminders are forgotten and all they car about it looking cool when smoking or using any other type of drug.

Ok, what else really grinds my gears…

When people blame Pixar for Disney movies never being the same again.

When people classify what girls should like and what boys should like. Take something as simple as colors. I still hear people saying that blue and green are boy colors and pink and purple are girl colors. Why? Because a majority of girl favor pink? If you ask me, that’s not a good reason; just my opinion.
And once in a while saying that figure skating is for girls and ice hockey is for boys. How is it like that :question:

Here is a huge one for you guys.

What really grinds my gears is people telling my i am too old for Pixar.

That’s not right. Liking something shouldn’t be limited by someone’s age.

Exactly, but people always tell me that. Maybe they are just annoyed with my craziness with Pixar and my obsession with the INcredibles.

My maths teacher annoys me. Always putting me down if I don’t understand something, always making me feel stupid. Right now, Sixth Form is generally annoying me. I wish we’d just break up for summer already, since I just can’t be bothered with acadmic stuff anymore.

My advice: if you can’t convince them otherwise, ignore them. Don’t let them get to you.

What really annoys me is when my brother and sister leave lights on and leave the room, or leave cups and plates and stuff. :stuck_out_tongue: I feel like the maid! I just cleaned up this mess, can we keep it clean? For ten minutes??! xD

Another is when someone forces their beliefs or religion onto me - that really annoys me to pieces (and is a lost cause because I back away even further. :stuck_out_tongue:)

FONY: The second one sounds famililar huh? :wink:

It really bothers me when people judge me cuz im dating someone 4 years younger than me, i mean, age is just a number, and people shouldnt even care!! >.<

Things that bug me:

People who don’t bother to check their spelling and grammar before posting a comment (Or anything of the sort) on the internet.

‘Adolescents’ who act immaturely or disrespectfully.

Repetitive noises that have no real beat.

People who claim they are Christians, but don’t bear the fruit of a Christian at ALL. That’s actually more sad than anything.

That’s about it for now.

Also, Joel Osteen. :confused:

Two things that top my list(other than my brother) are…

1. The sound of an/my alarm clock (especially the generic alarm rings!) I’m a sleepaholic so I enjoy my slumber time, but when the first tone of that alarm goes off… :open_mouth: !

2. People who stand on the express side of the escalator(especially during peak hours at the train station) (waves angry fist!) P=

I just got an 89 in History of the Ancient World… I needed a 90 to get into AP European History…

Jeez… sigh

Cold showers. When I’m traveling, the majority of countries I go to do not supply hot water. Not very nice if you’re opting for a “relaxing sleep”.

When people who aren’t even your friends ask for something that’s yours.

For instance, you are given candy at school for a party. You decide to save it for later. But some classmates won’t quit bugging you by begging for the candy.

Except it’s not just candy, from my experience. :unamused: