Your fav music genre...

Christian rock, Orchestral jazz, Classical. In that order.

I swear I posted here before, but apparently, I didn’t, so I’ll do so now anyway.

The genre I enjoy most is classical. I am about the only one in my whole school who appreciates it, though. I feel so alone. :laughing:

Video game soundtracks shouldn’t be ignored as well! Whilst often boring tunes to accompany a level, some games have just plain BEAUTIFUL soundtracks. Banjo-Kazooie, Super Mario Bros, Super Mario Galaxy, etc, etc…

I can also appreciate pop, rock, metal, and jazz sometimes.

Film scores. Can’t help it.

Pixar film scores. :slight_smile:

Me, I love disco and hi-nrg, two rather undervalued, even quite maligned genres. A lot of people assume that a fondess for disco would have to be at least partially ironic, or else a “guilty pleasure”, but nope - my love for it as about as sincere as it comes. To me, there is nothing quite like the thrill of getting hold of a hard-to-find 12" on CD or in mp3 format (I don’t own very many of the original vinyls, partly because I don’t have access to a turntable that works, and also because I just like having music I can easily transfer to my mp3 player, through which I do most of my listening anyway).

70s/80s dance may be my biggest musical passion, but I’ve got pretty diverse tastes, and there’s quite a lot of other stuff out there that I also like. These include, but aren’t by any means limited to, jazz (particularly jazz with a European or Latin American flavour), ragtime, new wave, pop (the synthier, the better), techno, electronica, chill-out, classical and easy listening.

I find “rock” a bit of a generic, uninspiring term (though you could say that about any genre, I suppose, since when you start to dig deeper, you find that they all have their own range of sub-genres), but the stuff I lean towards tends to be of the more psychedelic or experimental range.

On the whole, I’m not a huge fan of metal, rap (though I agree with thedriveintheatre that some of the more old-school hip-hop can be quite fun), or of most so-called alternative rock, and Christian rock has no appeal to me.

I like Christian, classical, country, and anything that’s silly (like the Hamster Dance! :laughing: ) Just don’t let rap get in my ears.

For Rap, there’s the GOOD.

There’s the BAD.

And there’s the UGLY.

:slight_smile:

right now my music is pretty much this song <3

youtube.com/watch?v=Xm3njR6RdJg

I pretty much can’t listen to anything else without going back to this song xD

I like pretty much anything.Linkin Park,Lady Gaga,Breaking Benjamin,Evanescence,Beyonce,P!nk,Katy Perry,Rihanna,Chris Brown,Justin Bieber,Cascada,Hilary Duff,Lifehouse,Snow Patrol.I like some rap,and jazz,I also like Imogen Heap,and Enya…well you get the idea… ;-p

Have you heard the silly-ness that is 'Ich Bin Ein Gummibar"?

I LOVE classical and jazz. The only rock music I can stand is Real Gone from Cars.

My favourites are Electronic, Indie Dance, House and Rock. :smiley:

I like a little bit of everything, but mostly rock, and classical music like Beethoven and Tchaikovsky. Pretty much the only music I can’t stand is screamo and heavy metal. I’ll listen to rap and hip hop if it has a catchy beat.

Are there any other country fans in these parts? It always seems like people don’t like country too much.

I am an Electronica guy (Owl City ROCKS), and I also like rock (CRUSH 40).

Wow, you’re the first person I’ve ever met who knows about Crush 40 :open_mouth:

ellie-jessie-eve, I like country! I like the videos sometimes too, how they tell a story (usually a sad one though).

Evil_Genius_27: Yay, someone else! Most people I know (outside of family and FFA) seem to hate country music! So it’s rare when someone says they like it. And I agree, there are a lot of great country music videos out there!

Hey, I like country, too! I’m not much into music, but if I were going to make a choice my favorites would be movie soundtracks (particularly the score), country music, and Christian music. Besides that, I appreciate most music evenly. :sunglasses:

I like all of those! Yes, Justin Bieber’s songs are okay holds up flameshield but he is ugly.

I’m suprised I’m one of the few who actually likes all the big celebrity artists, though I do have a vast music taste. I guess that’s what comes for listening to the radio too much :laughing:
Anything from film scores to hip-hop suits me (I HATE fast rap. Can’t stand it).

I don’t mind big celebrity artists, or hip hop, or pop. I’m fine with listening to Lady Gaga, Toby Keith, and A Chorus Line one after the other, all though they are very very different!

But like Ami, I too dislike rap. Unless it’s German rap. German rap is just crazy awesome!