Your fav music genre...

Oh, don’t worry about it. Its your opinion. I like her, you, not as much. I’m fine with that. Her songs really get me.

Well, I seem to be the only person so far that likes emo music. This is my musical preference in order from most to least
Emo, Acoustic, Rock in general, Screamo, Metal.
Throughout 2-4 years of growing up, the order of that bounced around, but I like bands such as:
The Morning Of, Circa Survive, All Time Low, The Starting Line, Burden of a Day, MAE, Making April, Yellowcard, way too many more to list on here

Lately i’ve been getting more into those rock bands with a piano (The Morning Of, MAE, Making April)

You like Yellocard huuh? Join the club. I like that band as well.

My favorite genres are new rock/classic rock, metal, Christian music, and classic country/new country. I HATE rap and hip hop (no offense to any rap and hip-hop fans here), and I don’t really like pop that much, except for a few songs (no offense to the pop fans).

I like Christian rock and pop. Also soundtracks and tv/movie themes.

Oh, easy, my favorite music genre is Alternative/ Punk rock. Like Green Day, Blink 182, and Sum 41. Pretty much my favorite bands right there. :sunglasses:

I’m a fan of a lot of different styles of music, ska (Less Than Jake, Reel Big Fish, Sublime, The Aquabats), pop punk (Blink 182, Sum 41, Bowling for Soup), Stadium Rock (Bruce Springsteen), Folk/Country (Frank Turner, Johnny Cash), Punk Rock (Alkaline Trio, Rancid), Rock (Wolfmother, Foo Fighters, The Beatles)

Theres more but I think thats enough listed, I’m not a huge fan of labeling music, I find there are so many genres now that bands always get placed in the wrong catagory. No doubt I have placed a few in the wrong ones myself.

Mostly into film and game soundtracks, but I’m also into some synth-heavy pop/rock music (Peter Gabriel, Genesis, the early stuff of Bon Jovi, Van Halen, The Police), a little bit of darkwave (Gary Numan), and even some new age/ambient (Enya, Brian Eno)

My favorite genre of music? Whatever is on my MP3 player, I guess.

Alternative/Rock, Movie Scores, Soundtracks, Selective Techno…
… and Indie is just plain awesome. Orba Squara is just mind-blowing and very relaxing.

It’s safe to say I like all genres, really… Green Day, AC-DC, Aerosmith, Arcade Fire, Coldplay, The Fray, Daft Punk, Dashboard Confessional, Dropkick Murphys, Journey, Foreigner, Men Without Hats… I’ll stop it there because I could go on forever. My iTunes is packed with days/weeks… maybe even months worth of music.

Where do I start!!!

I love Country, Dixieland, Jazz, Zydeco, Gospal

I listen to just about anything. I will say that while top 40 and music from other countries (Canada SO doesn’t count) . But recently, trailer music has gotten to me in a big way. I’ve been collecting mass amounts of it.
I guess I’ll take on just about anything as long as I can draw to it.

Recently I’ve been kinda drawn to the electronic sound. I don’t like electronic music that much itself, but the sound… God, I love the sound. <3 dances to the beat in my head

Besides that I’m not really into a certain “genre”. It’s kinda whatever I’m into or whatever grabs my attention. :slight_smile:

little chef

Right now I’m into grand orchestral pieces for trailer music (so say stuff like “Immediate Music, X-Ray Dog, Two Steps from Hell, or Future World Music” and I’m there!). Most of what ends up on my iTunes is something interesting I hear from a commercial or theatrical trailer.

I also enjoy listening to jazz, blues, chill-out (think Buddha Bar), techno and a little of 90s pop. Big-band swing’s fun to listen to too.

I only like old-school hip-hop and R&B (like Grandmaster Flash and Vanilla Ice, the way it’s supposed to be) and for some reason, anything from Jay-Z. Any other modern-day hip-hop/rap music (like Flo Rida, or some Eminem songs), I despise with a vengeance.

Soundtrack music ain’t bad, depending if I liked the movie or not. Anything by Hans Zimmer, John Powell, Trevor Rabin, David Arnold, Randy Newman or Michael Giachinno is fine by me.

I also love remixes of contemporary music (like “Numb/Encore”, or anything by Moby, or the Pixar ones), but hate remixes of ‘retro’ music (like “Right Round”, “Fergalicious”, or “SOS”).

Unlike my family members and friends, I actually can appreciate country music. I don’t actively seek it out to listen, but it makes great background music. I dislike emo bands and heavy metal music. I like retro rock, but hate modern-day rock.

A good electronic base beat is one of the criteria in determining what contemporary songs I like. So bands like Junior/Senior, Black Eyed Peas, Lady Gaga or Katy Perry frequently fall under my radar.

I’m a sucker for 70s-80s music, especially if the song has cultural significance. Wah-wah pedals and synthesizer beats for the win, baby! 70s-80s inspired music works, too (as long as it’s not a remix of a song).

I probably talked too much already, If you read this till the end, you can probably compile a music profile on my listening preferences already. :slight_smile:

Power metal. It soars through my veins
:slight_smile:

Christian rock, Orchestral jazz, Classical. In that order.

I swear I posted here before, but apparently, I didn’t, so I’ll do so now anyway.

The genre I enjoy most is classical. I am about the only one in my whole school who appreciates it, though. I feel so alone. :laughing:

Video game soundtracks shouldn’t be ignored as well! Whilst often boring tunes to accompany a level, some games have just plain BEAUTIFUL soundtracks. Banjo-Kazooie, Super Mario Bros, Super Mario Galaxy, etc, etc…

I can also appreciate pop, rock, metal, and jazz sometimes.

Film scores. Can’t help it.

Pixar film scores. :slight_smile: