Your fav music genre...

the tunes are generally good, if you replace the words they would make good songs.

And I could say the same with the music you like. :wink: It’s all just a matter of preference.

exactly. Except some of my music is in other languages so the words might be a bit hard to replace!

I like listening to Rap, but only if the song has a good background music and not a lot of explicit themes.

I’ll definitely agree with you there, TSS. I hate rap when it’s pointless and the music itself is poor, but if there’s a good melody and the rap actually makes sense (and every other word isn’t an expletive) then it can be very good.

I would like to co-sign that statement as well :wink:

Overall though…it’s the instrumental part of the music that wins me over, but I like lyrics that tell a story…:-D)

Composition is key…

:mrgreen:

i looooooooooooooove that jazz and swing stuff. who’s on my side? go Michael Buble, Frank Sinatra, Harry Connick Jr!!!

I am SO on your side, Nathan! Just can’t go wrong with a bit of jazz in the morning. I love it when they play it in Starbucks.

I like swing…harry’s great, buble is rather slow for me. Sinatra…i never heard a lot of his works.

nathan - I agree with you, as well. I’ve always loved jazz, from big band beats in the forties… to contemporary tunes.

– Mitch

I like Jazz as well. Sinatra is genious.

I love jazz, it’s perhaps my fave music genre … And i’m a big fan of Sinatra’s he’s just awesome ! :smiley:

Mmmm, Jazz . I love this group, and there songs, just for instance,

youtube.com/watch?v=AnFP91GF_f4&NR=1

youtube.com/watch?v=SPUij-ou … re=related

I’m starting to like techno a bit more than usual.

Techno is cool. There are some techno songs that I like. “Throw it All Away”, “This Machine” and “Dreams of an Absolution”

I am also getting into the band Semisonic.

I think I have heard their music before. Someone at my old highschool let me listen to a sample.

Closing Time is my favourite.

youtube.com/watch?v=KdmLmIArqWM

I find I like Slow Pop songs as well. Leona Lewis is a really talented singer and i love her songs Bleeding Love and Better in Time.

leone lewis makes me retch. [no offence]