Your fav music genre...

For Rap, there’s the GOOD.

There’s the BAD.

And there’s the UGLY.

:slight_smile:

right now my music is pretty much this song <3

youtube.com/watch?v=Xm3njR6RdJg

I pretty much can’t listen to anything else without going back to this song xD

I like pretty much anything.Linkin Park,Lady Gaga,Breaking Benjamin,Evanescence,Beyonce,P!nk,Katy Perry,Rihanna,Chris Brown,Justin Bieber,Cascada,Hilary Duff,Lifehouse,Snow Patrol.I like some rap,and jazz,I also like Imogen Heap,and Enya…well you get the idea… ;-p

Have you heard the silly-ness that is 'Ich Bin Ein Gummibar"?

I LOVE classical and jazz. The only rock music I can stand is Real Gone from Cars.

My favourites are Electronic, Indie Dance, House and Rock. :smiley:

I like a little bit of everything, but mostly rock, and classical music like Beethoven and Tchaikovsky. Pretty much the only music I can’t stand is screamo and heavy metal. I’ll listen to rap and hip hop if it has a catchy beat.

Are there any other country fans in these parts? It always seems like people don’t like country too much.

I am an Electronica guy (Owl City ROCKS), and I also like rock (CRUSH 40).

Wow, you’re the first person I’ve ever met who knows about Crush 40 :open_mouth:

ellie-jessie-eve, I like country! I like the videos sometimes too, how they tell a story (usually a sad one though).

Evil_Genius_27: Yay, someone else! Most people I know (outside of family and FFA) seem to hate country music! So it’s rare when someone says they like it. And I agree, there are a lot of great country music videos out there!

Hey, I like country, too! I’m not much into music, but if I were going to make a choice my favorites would be movie soundtracks (particularly the score), country music, and Christian music. Besides that, I appreciate most music evenly. :sunglasses:

I like all of those! Yes, Justin Bieber’s songs are okay holds up flameshield but he is ugly.

I’m suprised I’m one of the few who actually likes all the big celebrity artists, though I do have a vast music taste. I guess that’s what comes for listening to the radio too much :laughing:
Anything from film scores to hip-hop suits me (I HATE fast rap. Can’t stand it).

I don’t mind big celebrity artists, or hip hop, or pop. I’m fine with listening to Lady Gaga, Toby Keith, and A Chorus Line one after the other, all though they are very very different!

But like Ami, I too dislike rap. Unless it’s German rap. German rap is just crazy awesome!

I usually choose New Age as my favorite genre.

Ironically, it’s still my favorite genre. Especially with ocean waves in the background.

I can appreciate honestly most all music even if I dislike it with a passion. I’m not big into heavy metal (it usually gives me a headache) but I can at least appreciate the craftsmanship of it most of the time. I’m also not fond of rap but I like the production values a lot of rap songs have.

I mainly listen to lots of rock and pop from the 60s-80s, but I like classical and early 20th century jazz too. But my #1 favorite genre?? Prog rock.

Prog’s not for everyone but it can be so, so beautiful and satisfying by the time the song’s over. Often the longer the better, for me, but that also depends on how complicated the musicianship is—I prefer prog songs with a lot going on, as long as they pace themselves well.

some of my favorite prog “magnum opuses”:

youtube.com/watch?v=UBmUX74aME0 - Close to the Edge - Yes (1972) [Probably my favorite song in existence]
youtube.com/watch?v=4PEQud2o … re=related - Karn Evil 9 - Emerson, Lake & Palmer (1973)
youtube.com/watch?v=szJq1lwnkNw - Supper’s Ready - Genesis (1972)

My favorite genres are 70s, 80s, classic rock, progressive rock, and classical. I also sort of like jazz rock and blues rock, depending on what it is.

Lstely I’ve been drawn more to prog. After listening to it, other music sounds like the same old simple thing to me.

I’ve been into Genesis a lot lately, any era, Phil Collins or Peter Gabriel. There was a third singer for one album, but I haven’t heard him enough to judge his songs.

I consider Genesis and Chicago to be my favorite bands. I haven’t been listening to Chicago as much lately because it honestly makes me a little sad because I play the trumpet and I’ve missed band a lot since I’ve graduated from high school.

I listen to a lot of different genres (jazz, do-wop, Latino, techno, etc.)

Whenever I listen to Latino (which is Spanish music, of course) I usually listen to either Orishas or Gipsy Kings.

I say early rap is better than today’s rap. (Think: MC Hammer’s “U Can’t Touch This”)

Sometimes, I listen to Dubstep. (i.e. Deadmau5)

And, in terms of repeating a favorite song during playback, all my favorites are usually based on beat and rhythm.

I have a passion for hip-hop music it’s my all time favorite genre, but I don’t mind me some rock.

I love listening to hard rock and heavy metal. However, I can listen to just about anything.
Except country. My feelings for it can be summed up like this: :imp: