Your Friend the Rat fan commentary - 9.12.2008

I didn’t realise that so many people, outside of the commentary volunteers, would be listening to the practice commentary. Glad you enjoyed it guys. =) If you have any constructive critisism, please don’t hesitate to offer it.

qxgnxamy - You’re voice is very nice, and easy to understand, too. Will you be commenting on YFTR in the second practice commentary?

Pixar.rocks - Yeah, us girls did take over a bit, typical women! Heheh. Come to think of it, in some places even I was confused about who was who between lizardgirl and I, for a second. I’m looking forward to the second commentary with you, as well. =)

lizardgirl - Ah, shucks. Thank you. You guys better stop complimenting me on my accent - you’re going to give me a big head! Thanks for the compliments about the content of the commentary, I was hoping it was all informative.

A113 - Pixarologists. That’s a new word. I like it. :sunglasses: Looking forward to chatting with you on the next commentary.

Mitch - I wouldn’t call the American accent boring… “standard” is more the word, since a day wouldn’t go by without someone in the Western, English-speaking world (outside of the US) hearing it. I think that’s one of the reasons why you Yanks find other accents so intriguing. But your accent isn’t one extreme or the other, I didn’t know if yours would be country and Western, or as if you are from Boston, or what, but it was pretty much right down the middle and very pleasant. But I’m sure you’ll figure out the difference between lizardgirl and I sooner or later. :wink:

Thanks rachel. I appreciate you comments.

Lightning Eclipse - It’s too bad that you have to wait for Christmas to join in. Are you waiting for a gift? If so, perhaps you could ask for an early gift.

rachel - Yes, I’ll be commenting during the second practice commentary. I was saving my comments for the second one because I thought there would be fewer people for that one. I only have a few comments planned, but I’ll keep watching the short and researching it to see if I can find more things to say.

Actually, i had plans for this sort of thing. Does anyone like the idea of a Pixar Planet Television? :bulb:

You have no need to joke; i know i’m insane a lot. :laughing: But you ain’t seen nothing yet…

I thought i heard someone tap on a drinking glass or something…hmm.

Actually, i was originally going to say that you had the best commenting voice, but everyone did a great job, so i just left that out. :laughing:

By the way, thanks for pointing out the LG has the stronger accent. :slight_smile:

Now, don’t get your hopes up too high, there’s still a chance (thankfully much smaller) of my computer not getting here by then, but they said it might come back by Thursday, so please pray that it comes in. You’d think Santa Fe’d have better computer service. :unamused:

If i do make it, i’d like to apologize in advance for any burping. O__o

Heheh, either a gift or money. ^^; I’m broke right now, and my parents already bought me an early Christmas present, so I can’t ask them for anything else.

I wouldn’t want to hold any commentaries back, though, so worse comes to worse, I can just use some MP3 player headphones I found as a mic, and plug my headphones into the other slot. I tested it out by recording myself last night, and it’s actually pretty decent quality, as long as I hold it right. So, if I can’t get a new headset before Christmas, I can use that.

Lightning Eclipse - If you are available on Friday at 3:30 PM (MST), have a working computer, can set up a Skype account, and have a copy of Your Friend the Rat, you can join us for the next practice session. =)

Wow, thanks for the invitation! I’ll definetely think about it, but I’m not completely sure I’ll be able to make it. First, I’d need to ask my parents if I could actually do it. Not to mention it seems like a lot of other people have been signed up to do it already, and I’d be afraid of it getting crowded. ^^;

I also have to go to the barn later that evening…I’m in Arizona, so do you know the exact time I’d need to be on? (Sorry, I’m horrible with timezones. ^^; )

Lightning Eclipse - You’d need to be on at 3:30 PM (MST)(Arizona time) and you’ll need enough time to record the commentary. Last time we planned on having an hour to record the commentary, but we didn’t use that much time.

Edit: Don’t worry about it being crowded. The main point of these practice commentaries is to work the bugs out so we get it right for the Ratatouille commentary.

Love that idea. This commentary may take up our time at the moment, but maybe some time in the future we could do it.

Ha-ha! Maybe lay off the cola before the commentary, ok?

Note: Unless the official Ratatouille commentary takes place before the twenty-third (23) of this month, I shall not be able to commentate with you guys on that film.

The reason behind this is that the computer I use to commentate on recently received a potentially deadly virus, and so my uncle (who is excellent with computers) has kindly offered to take a look at its hard drive. In order for this to happen, he will have to borrow our computer for some time, starting on the twenty-fourth (24) of this month, which is next week. During that time, I will not be able to participate in any commentary, since my headset does not work on my dad’s MacIntosh computer.

I’m really really sorry about this, everyone. If you’d like, feel free to do the commentary without me; I’ll just partake in another one some other time. :slight_smile:

Mmm. Yes. “Standard”. That’s the word I was looking for. Well, mine would be standard, since I hail from the northern part of the United States (where I come from, I don’t think my folks have an accent – heheh). Thanks, though. :wink:

Ha-ha. Yeah, everyone has a lovely voice, and I think that rachel, lizardgirl, The Star Swordsman, and qxgnxamy did a much better job at commentating than I did. Thank you very much for the compliment, though. (heheh)

Oh, and you’re welcome. :wink:

I wouldn’t mind hearing that, actually. I kinda like those types of crazy interruptions. :laughing:

– Mitch

Mitch- Do you have any idea when it might be returned? If it’s a week or two, I’m sure it’s possible for us to wait, but if you think it might be longer, perhaps we should arrange the Ratatouille commentary for a date between the 20th and the 23rd? It doesn’t leave us much time, but by that point, everyone will have practised at least once and the technology side of things will (hopefully) have all been sorted out.

So, I guess we really ought to start thinking about when the actual Ratatouille commentary will be?

I guess we should wait until the YFTR commentary to be finished to tell when the Ratatouille commentary will take place.

As for Mitch, like lizardgirl said. “Do you have any idea when it might be returned?” 'cause i don’t think we’re gonna make the Ratatouille commentary before the 23rd … :confused:

Sorry to repost…

Is there any way you guys could send the commentaries to the pixar radio?

Geography nut at your service. :wink: Do you live in the Navajo Nation?

Oh, yes, that’d be great! What we could use is someone to archive all the commentaries we do for future use.

OH NOES!

I have an uncle like that, but before he could fix my computer, he turned into a dad. We had to get a new one.

Well, i highly doubt that we can do a Ratatouille commentary before the 23rd of September, so i’ve got 2 ideas:

1. Try a regular microphone and headphones on your other computer.
  2. We can postpone the Ratatouille commentary for as long as it takes, since a Ratatouille commentary just wouldn’t be good enough without you, Mitch.

I hate it when people write viruses. :angry: I’ll be praying for your computer. :wink:

Let’s wait until after we finish the second YFTR one. :wink:

Al: Make a new thread in the Radio Pixar section. :wink:

No, I’m in the city. So, I’m assuming that still means 3:30 for me, then?

Yep, i’ve added you to the members on the other thread. :smiley: Welcome aboard!

lizardgirl, Pixar.rocks, and A113 - Unfortunately, I have absolutely no idea as to when the computer will be returned.

I really don’t want to inconvenience anyone, so feel free to go ahead without me. I can always join in a second time in the future, so it really isn’t a problem. :wink:

(If you don’t want to go without me on the Ratatouille commentary though, then I suppose you could choose another Pixar film to commentate on. However, I’d rather leave it up to you guys to make the final decision.)

– Mitch

Mitch - Do you think it would be possible to ask your uncle when he thinks he’d be finished with the computer? From my experience, viruses (virii?) shouldn’t take more than a few days to get rid of, but be prepared to lose all of your data… I would save all the important stuff to CD, or an external hard drive if you can.

Actually, it might be a blessing in disguise to have a couple of weeks between the second YFTR commentary and the Ratatouille commentary, so we can study the movie and do our research and such. I think it would be too rushed if we tried and do the Ratatouille one by the 23rd since it would be hard getting everyone in at short notice, and I’m not even sure if others have done their research… Plus, we would need a bit of time to think about how we did on both of the YFTR commentaries and compare it to how we would like the Ratatouille one to be.

Why don’t your headphones work with the Mac computer, I wonder…? They should. Maybe Peter could help you with that, he has a Mac and I don’t really know anything about them, sorry.

I actually tried the same kind of headset that Mitch has with my Mac (I bought them before Mitch told me not to) and the microphone didn’t pick up any sound. I, too, thought that they should work, but they didn’t. I’m not sure why. I ended up returning them and buying a USB headset instead.

Mitch - I agree with Rachel that (unless he’s really busy) your uncle will probably get your computer back to you fairly quickly.

Rachel and qxgnxamy - It’s not that simple. My uncle lives a couple of hours away from us, and the only reason he’ll actually be able to take a look at the hard drive next week is because his wife is coming down here to visit some relatives, so she’ll be able to pick up the thing and take it back to her house. I have no idea how long it will take my uncle to fix the computer, or how we would get it back without having one of us drive two hours to get it.

As for the headset, I may just have to obtain another pair (or, as you mentioned, qxgnxamy, purchase a USB set) that will work with my dad’s MacIntosh.

That aside, another barreir has arose, which may affect all commentaries I participate in for this month and, quite possibly, next month.

Notice to All: Due to various circumstances, I may not be able to join in with you guys during the Your Friend the Rat commentary this Saturday, the Ratatouille commentary, and, possibly, other future commentaries. I’ll keep you updated.

I’m so sorry, everyone.

– Mitch