Your Friend the Rat fan commentary - 9.12.2008

I’ve just finished listening to it, and I have to say, it’s pretty good for a first try. There were perhaps a few too many silences, but all in all, it flowed pretty well. I just love the bit when [spoil]TSS gets all shocked by the rats and people dying because of the plague.[/spoil] :laughing:

lizardgirl - Ha-ha! Yeah, I loved that bit, as well. My sister and I were chuckling during that moment. :laughing:

[spoil]I regret singing the last line of the song, though. That was rude. (heh)[/spoil]

– Mitch

Mitch- I really liked it when you did that! You’ve got a good singing voice. :smiley: And it was pure Pixar fandom.

lizardgirl - Aw, gee, thanks! I don’t think I carry a tune that well, though. You guys should have joined in – I would love to have heard you all sing! :wink: :smiley:

I wish I could have gotten my sister to participate, but then the place would have been in complete pandemonium. She doesn’t have a headset anyway, though. (chuckle)

– Mitch

Mitch- My voice sounded bad enough without me singing. :laughing: But yeah, I liked how all of our accents contrasted nicely.

Is there any way to plug two headsets into one computer? Or does she have her own computer? I’d love to hear the two of you interact, especially as you seem to be so close, and both of you are such big Ratatouille fans!

lizardgirl - Aw, what are you talking about? I loved it! You guys have the coolest accents, I swear. I wish I could speak just as vibrantly as you guys. :smiley:

Alas!, the only two computers in the house (minus one broken laptop) is my dad’s MacIntosh (which may not support the headset I own) and the PC “family” computer, the latter of which only includes two plugs for one headset. She doesn’t have her own computer either. When I get another laptop of my own again, I might ask her to join in. (She’s a bit of a character though, so it may not be a good idea in the long run anyway. :laughing:)

When I have the means, I’m seriously thinking of doing a commentary involving just my sister and I and then editing it. Heh.

– Mitch

Mitch- I’d definitely listen to THAT commentary! :laughing:

So when are these going to be out and how can we listen to them?

lizardgirl - Would you be able to withstand the craziness…? :laughing:

Al-Bob - If you have the Skype program installed, qxgnxamy would probably be able to send you the file if you sent him your Skype screen name via a private message. I believe that he may also be able to send it to you if you have an AIM/IM system installed. You’ll have to ask him about it.

– Mitch

I’ll try uploading it somewhere. I’ve got to read some “terms of service” stuff though.

Edit: Here is the commentary only. You can sync it with your DVD by pressing play just after the Pixar logo disappears.

Edit: Here’s another link (Thanks Zarban!!).

:open_mouth:

First of all, it was awesome that four pixarologists from around the world got together to do this thing. You guys have great voices for commenting. I kept getting confused between lizardgirl’s and Rachel’s accents, but it was still funny.

Was it just me, or was [spoil]nearly three-fifths of it silence[/spoil]? Well, i don’t blame you guys; it is a short film. :smiley:

I’ll make sure to get some time in to participate in the second commentary; i’ll have plenty to say, i think.

Great work, everyone! It was great to hear everyone’s thoughts. :slight_smile:

Well, I guess the reason why most of it was silent was because it was our first time and we were nervous. We had no idea of what to expect or what to say. For me, i was silent most of the time because I have never seen YFTR before. If I had, I would probably have made some more contributions.

Is there any way you guys could put them onto radio pixar??

As for uploading video to YouTube, you can always make a new account and try uploading it, and see what happens. The only thing Disney seem to be onto YT about is uploading content that is not meant for the general public’s eyes, such as a trailer that hasn’t been released yet. You could always try, and the worst thing they could do is delete your YouTube account…

I’ve listened to the end result, and I think everyone else did pretty well. Yes, there were silent moments, but when you synch it with the video, it doesn’t seem as bad, but maybe next time we could would work on this. Next time, I won’t say “Mmmm” in agreeance as much, as you really don’t need to on a commentary, and I wish I didn’t sound so Aussie at times! Was anyone eating in the commentary? I could hear someone eating… lol

I think we all bring something positive to the table, though. Great job! Can’t wait to hear how we will go with more Pixar Planeteers.

TSS - You were awesome in the commentary, I like when [spoil]you were freaked out about watching the people die[/spoil]. It made for really good listening, the way you said what you were feeling about watching the movie. And you’re really funny, too.[spoil] “Someone got BIZZAAAAY” [/spoil], lol Your theatre training came in handy for improvising during the commentary. =)

Mitch - Nah, you did great! You have a really good “commentary” voice, all of you do, I’m so envious. And I love your laugh! I liked that you sang, wish I had the guts to do so.

lizardgirl - Can I have your voice, and accent? Seriously. It’s so eloquent. And, much like on the forums, you always said something very smart and interesting.

qxgnxamy - You have such a soothing voice, dude. It’s so calming and nice, I could listen to it all day. =) Thanks for editing and uploading the file - works great!

I liked that you laughed, a lot. Really. It gave the commentary a relaxed atmosphere, besides, this is a fan commentary, not a Pixarian one. And someone had to laugh at my dumb jokes, ha-ha!

Ha-ha! Thanks - I can’t really take credit for my accent, though. Heh. I was reflecting on the commentary, and was afraid that I mumbled too much, or said things that didn’t go anywhere, so thanks. I’m glad what I said made a bit of sense to someone. I think lizardgirl did better talking than me, though.

Me too. I think it would be better if we all did it again, even if we repeat ourselves since we need to get a feel for how the Ratatouille commentary will be. Besides, I want to know if A113 is just as crazy in real life as he comes across on the Internet. (Joking!)

For some reason Americans have trouble telling the difference between English and Australian accents… Some words I say very English-ly, too so that wouldn’t help. Heh.

For a first try you all did great ! But it looks like the girls took over it ! :stuck_out_tongue:
I’m really looking forward to be in the second try with all of you. :smiley:

Rachel- Thanks. :smiley: But honestly, your accent is SO nice- it’s on par with the Irish accent, which means it MUST be good! It sounds so positive and cheerful. And you made plenty of good contributions! You mentioned [spoil]how Pixar broke the fourth wall, the whole Year of the Rat thing, the use of the music,[/spoil]- all really good points. I look forward to hearing your contribution in the next practise. :smiley:

I’m looking forward to hearing what other people have to say on the next commentary, too. It’ll be interesting to hear about any new points that we missed, and that sort of thing. :smiley:

Thanks rachel. I have high-frequency hearing loss so I was worried that that would make my voice too sibilant. Your voice is very clear and easy to understand. =)

It also took me some time to figure out who was lizardgirl and who was rachel, even throughout the short… But I gotta admit you have awesome accents ! :smiley:

qxgnxamy - Thanks for the link that allows us to just hear the commentary without the video. I’m going to synchronize it with the Your Friend the Rat short later…

A113 and Pixar.rocks - I’m glad that you guys enjoyed the commentary! I look forward to having you both join in for the next one. :smiley:

“Pixarologists”… Heheh.

The Star Swordsman - I agree with rachel: You made some pretty humorous comments! :wink:

Nonsense! Seriously, I would trade accents with you anyday. The American accent is so boring – such monotonous inflections. (snigger)

There was someone eating? I’ll have to listen to that again…

Aha-ha. Well, thanks! I thought that I overdid it, but I’m glad that you guys didn’t mind it. (heheh)

Heheh. You’re welcome! I think that all of you guys did a great job. :smiley:

By the way, you and lizardgirl’s jokes were funny. I always love it when commentators add a little humor to the session, and you guys did great! Do more! :laughing:

I know that you were replying to A113 here, but… that’s true. Most of the time, I could tell who was speaking (since lizardgirl has a thicker accent, I think), but sometimes I got you guys mixed up. You both sound quite eloquent. There is a difference, though. (heheh)

You all did a fantabulous job, everyone! I can’t wait to do it again! :smiley:

– Mitch

Heheh, I thought you all did pretty well, actually! Yeah, there were some silences, but I can totally understand, it must have been the most nerve-racking thing ever. xD I’m probably going to be the same way at first, once I get a new mic and Skype and all that. (Hurry up, Christmas! Dx) Luckily, you all seem really nice, so that calms my nerves a little.

By the way, have you ever thought of uploading it to a file sharing website like Megaupload? I’m not sure if they have some sort of policy about things like that there, but I don’t think anyone is breaking any copyright laws by making a commentary…at least, I’ve never seen any commentaries on places like YouTube ever taken down before. shrug

So, yeah, good job, and I can’t wait to hear the next commentary! And of course, especially the Ratatoullie one. xP