Your Friend the Rat fan commentary - 9.12.2008

Al-Bob - We’ll make it available for all users. =)

Edit - Mitch - The .Audio 325 headset is also available from this online store in California.

Mitch: You don’t neeeeed this headset, it’s just a recommendation. I’m going to be using a regular computer microphone, mainly because it doesn’t look weird on me. :laughing:

Here is a funny thing. I ain’t using a headset. I am using two headphones. One to do the listening, one to do the talking.

Unfortunately, I probably won’t be able to do the commentary. Not that I don’t want to. I had everything : I send a PM to qxgnxamy with my Skype name ; I checked my microphone : it’s working perfectly.

But for some reasons that I don’t really want to discuss, I’ll be unable to join you next week. If, by chance, the situation changes, I’ll let you know.

I guess I’ll just send my Ratatouille notes to one of you and listen to your commentaries :cry:

That’s too bad, Archibald. I’m sorry to lose you. :cry:
I was looking forward to hearing your comments on French culture in Ratatouille.

Sorry to hear that, Archibald. But you’re always welcome, anyway! :wink:

Just in case you haven’t been keeping up with this thread, we changed the recording time a couple of days ago so we are now recording one hour earlier. So here are the new times.

—Friday 12th/Saturday 13th September—

California - 3:30 PM, Friday (Mitch, The Star Swordsman)
New Mexico - 4:30 PM, Friday (A113)
Illinois - 5:30 PM, Friday (M-O)
New York - 6:30 PM, Friday (qxgnxamy)
England - 11:30 PM, Friday (lizardgirl)
France - 12:30 AM, Saturday (Archibald, Pixar.rules)
South Australia - 8:00 AM, Saturday (rachelcakes1985)

Could someone please confirm that these times are correct? Thanks.

Archibald - I was really looking forward to you being on the commentary as well… But nevermind. If your situation changes within the next week, let us know and you can still be a part of it.

Mitch - As far as I know, you don’t need to order a special headset from Skype. Just go to your local electronics store… =)

You do realise that you can’t speak into an earpiece? You need a microphone. :wink:

rachel - Those times look correct. =)

Yes, those times are correct. Thank you, Rachel.

sorry to be bad here but ummm…what are you guys exactly doing??

We’re doing a fan commentary on Your Friend the Rat. We’re basically going to talk about the short film and record ourselves doing it, then sync it with the video.

Some people like that kind of stuff, like me. I don’t know why, but i do. :laughing:

awwwww…sounds like fun…wish i could do it but i couldn’t get that phone service or my mom would kill me. :laughing:

Al-Bob - Are you talking about Skype? You don’t have to pay anything to use Skype on your computer. You can download it here. If you can meet the five requirements posted by A113 on the first page of this thread then you can join the commentary. =)

A113 - To that list you might want to add a pair of headphones, to prevent feedback.

No the problem is that i couldn’t do that on this computer my mom is that type of a person who believes that the more stuff you add onto the pc the slower it runs. So she limits anything we download or install. (even updates)

I feel your pain. Hopefully you can get a computer of your own soon so you can install whatever you want on it. =)

yaaaaa…actually i do have one but i’m down one motherboard from completing it. I hope to get it up soon (althougth my mom odesn’t want internet connection…[blows raspberries] :-\

Dude, you’re a gem. Thank you very much for all of the information and the links! I’ll be sure to check them out and order a set as soon as possible.

Yeah, but I wanna look cool while I’m doing this thing. :laughing:

I actually did check out the headsets at my local Best Buy store, but they charge an arm and a leg for their products there. I’m not sure about Circuit City, as I don’t know if there’s one of those facilities in my area, but I might check it out.

I think I’ll be all right actually, as qxgnxamy provided a few links to various stores with the headset I wish to purchase. Thank you very much though, rachel! :wink:

Archibald - Oh dear. I’m terribly sorry that you can’t attend the session. I hope that you’ll be able to do another commentary with us in the future.

– Mitch

rachel : It’s Pixar.rocks … :wink: And the time is correct !

Archibald : Sorry to hear that … :confused: Hope you can join us on the Ratatouille comentary. :wink: :smiley:

Less than a week to go! =)

Mitch - Well, if we ever end up doing a web-cam conference, at least you’ll look cool while doing it. :sunglasses: It would probably be for the best if you invested a bit more money in a headset, unlike me who bought a cheapie one at the beginning of this year, only for it to break and now I have to venture out to purchase a new one. And you’re welcome.

Al-Bob: Aw man…sorry to hear that.
Peter: That shounds like a good idea. A lot of wires, but still a good idea. :laughing: