Your Friend the Rat

RMSH: I agree with Martin.
Martin: Hey, Martin, is there any art of Renata in The Art of Ratatouille?

On the flip side, that curly-haired redhead boy looks a little like Alfredo Linguini…

A113- No, there isn’t any depictions of Renata in The Art of Ratatouille. I don’t think she was ever going to be on screen so, they didn’t bother designing her.

He is supposed to be Alfredo.

Yeah, I’m pretty sure he is. As a matter of fact, I think they actually modeled all of the guy characters in Your Friend The Rat off of Linguini. At least it seems like it, anyway :stuck_out_tongue:

true dat!^

How do you know? There are other characters in YFTR that look a lot more like Alfredo.

According to to the credits of the short, Lou Romano was part of the cast. He must have voiced the character’s squeals and “hello”.

He did. But I was asking about the character on the Mars bus. :blush:

The same eyes, the baseball cap, the general face shape… I’m pretty convinced. :wink:

Thanks for that, CGI.

See what we’re talking about, LBER and Martin? :wink:

Huh? I agreed with CGI Clownfish! :question: Me & LBER knew it looked like him and probably was him, we just can’t confirm because we don’t work at Pixar. We didn’t really need a pic to see the resemblance, but thanks anyways. See what I’M talking about A113. LOL

Interesting! I didnt notice that before, but then I wasnt looking that hard. It does look like him.

PixarVixen was one of the first to notice the WALL-E cameo, but I never noticed the charicature of Peter Sohn until you guys mentioned it.

Nice spotting! :wink:

– Mitch

Martin: I see. xD
LL9: Yeah, those things are very easy to miss in 2D animation.
Mitch: Where were you? (and welcome back)

Mitch is back! Party!
Anyways…
Congratulation to Your Friend the Rat for it’s Best Short Subject win at the Annies!

A113 - Please refer to my first post in the link below for more information:

Thank you, by the way. :wink:

– Mitch

Cute title, I’ve seen it and thought it was cute too. 2-D style is still great.

I keep forgetting to post this, but…

Is it just me, or does Pixar justify animal experimentation in the scene where Emile explains how rats were a method of finding cures for human diseases?

I mean, he talks about it without condemning how cruel rat testing can be.

How would he like it if he was kidnapped and taken to some vivisection laboratory to test out a new weight loss drug or whatever? This process is the opposite of fun-n-games.

Animal testing=UGH. :cry:

RMSH- It was meant as a joke that the rats themselves where doing the experimentation for the humans, and Remy seems proud of that. Remember, they where showing rat “accomplishments”, like traveling into space.