Pixar Planet

The Definitive Pixar In-Jokes List

Are you a talented fan of Pixar? Show off your skills here!

Moderators: Pixar Planet Moderators, The Brain Trust

Postby MIKE WAZOWSK-E » Sun May 16, 2010 9:13 am

It was off a Disney Hidden Characters vid, or something like that.
EDIT: WALL-E cameos you're missing:
At the top of WALL-E's lighters there's a Dinoco lighter.
One of the arms of the EVE statue WALL-E made is the older Luxo lamp, while the other is Guido's paintbrush from Cars:
When WALL-E falls from the celing, the unicycle from Red's Dream is visible on his left:
The mechanical mice aboard the Axiom are classified as REM-E, a reference to Ratatoullie's character Remmy:
When WALL-E first opens his truck, Rex is visible in between the bowling pins and the bullhorn from the beggining of Monsters, Inc. appears on the far right.
MIKE WAZOWSK-E
Garbage Boy

Postby Dillinger » Sun May 16, 2010 4:58 pm

I found a new one in Toy Story 3!
on the door you see all kind of stickers also one from Finding Nemo!

Dillinger
Garbage Boy

Postby MIKE WAZOWSK-E » Mon May 17, 2010 5:35 pm

Dillinger wrote:I found a new one in Toy Story 3!
on the door you see all kind of stickers also one from Finding Nemo!

Yeah, good eye, I thought it was that Koopa-like sticker. And it is in the official trailer.
MIKE WAZOWSK-E
Garbage Boy

Postby pixarfan9099 » Wed May 26, 2010 11:23 pm

I can prove wannabechef91's Catmull in-joke with a better picture of the logo. http://twitpic.com/1q6sab
Visit my Pixar blog: http://yetanotherpixarblog.blogspot.com/ I'm a Pixarteer Emeritus Read Monsters, Inc. 2
pixarfan9099
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby MIKE WAZOWSK-E » Sun May 30, 2010 7:44 am

pixarfan9099 wrote:I can prove wannabechef91's Catmull in-joke with a better picture of the logo. http://twitpic.com/1q6sab

Where'd that come from?
EDIT: Near WALL-E's iPod Carl's walking stick from Up appears.
Toy Story 3D Teaser
In the teaser for the Toy Story 1 & 2 Double Feature the Luxo ball appears in the background.
Toy Story Treats Cameos
The luxo lamp from Luxo Jr. and Toy Story appears in several of the Toy Story Treats.

The books with the names of Pixar shorts from Toy Story appear in several Toy Story Treats.
The colouredring toy from Tin Toy and Toy Story appears in several of the Toy Story Treats.
In the Toy Story Treat Fast Food, the toys out of the fast food may be a reference to how when Toy Story came out Burger King had hand puppets of thhe same four characters. Woody also said that they came with a burger and fries.
The Luxo Ball appears in the Toy Story Treat Oooh, Ball!
In the Toy Story Treat Circus gag, the toy car the aliens come out of is a minature vrsion of Andy's car.
How an alien steals Woody's hat in the Toy Story Treat Woody Imposter is a reference to the first film how the shark (that looks like Bruce in Finding Nemo) steals Woody's hat after the Strange Things song.
MIKE WAZOWSK-E
Garbage Boy

Postby Sky » Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:17 pm

Yikes. I haven't updated this in a while... Rest assured, in my free time (of which I don't have too much of lately) I will revive this pet project of mine and update this list. Thanks a lot for those pictures, MIKE WAZOWSK-E. They will be a great help, and I do intend to expand the list to include an "other" section, such as Toy Story treats, Cars Toons, promotional images, video games etc. Thanks again! :)

If another moderator wanted to update the list for me, go right ahead. Just keep to the same format as I intended, thanks. ;)
Sky
Pixar Planet Moderator

Postby MIKE WAZOWSK-E » Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:29 pm

rachelcakes1985 wrote:Yikes. I haven't updated this in a while... Rest assured, in my free time (of which I don't have too much of lately) I will revive this pet project of mine and update this list. Thanks a lot for those pictures, MIKE WAZOWSK-E. They will be a great help, and I do intend to expand the list to include an "other" section, such as Toy Story treats, Cars Toons, promotional images, video games etc. Thanks again! :)

If another moderator wanted to update the list for me, go right ahead. Just keep to the same format as I intended, thanks. ;)

Thanks. :D Glad you're adding them and that you're back online. There's also some Toy Story 3 cameos in the recent posts, if you're starting the section.
EDIT: A lot of people have been saying that the toy truck in TS3 is a toy version of red. Well it very well might be by looking at this recently posted picture on Pixar Planet: Image
Also, some Pixarian voices:
Up:
Bob Peterson as Alpha and Dug, Ellie Doctor as Ellie (who also drew some pictures in Ellies book. Image: Image), Jerome Ranft as Gamma and Pete Doctor as Kevin (gobble-ly sounds) and troop leader that appears at the end.
Also, Carl's last name comes from relatives of Pete Doctor.
Some of this and the picture was from the Up cameos list on film.
TS3:
Richard Kind as Bookworm, Jeff Garlin as Buttercup, Teddy Newton as Chatter Telephone, Bud Luckey as Chuckles the Clown, Jack Angel as Chunk, Bonnie Hunt as Dolly, Lee Unkrich as Jack-in-the-Box and Michael Keaton as Ken.
IT:
Wallace Shawn as Gilbert Huph.
MIKE WAZOWSK-E
Garbage Boy

Postby Wolfy » Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:31 am

Hey, I don't know if anyone has said this yet, but you can see mr. ray in toy story 3 on a shelf in the background.

at
0:54 - 0:56 1:10 - 1:11 1:18 - 1:21
on this video by pixar:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jH-c3mk2 ... eature=sub
you can see Mr. Ray on the shelf.

I killed a man, with this thumb. I've seen Wall-E 5 times before it came out on DVD.
Wolfy
Ant

Postby MIKE WAZOWSK-E » Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:56 am

NEW Toy Story Cameo found!
In the bottom right corner there's a sticker of Nemo
(open image in another tab to enlarge it)
NOTE: This was first found by Toy Story Fan. I just posted it here incase he didn't.
MIKE WAZOWSK-E
Garbage Boy

Postby Dillinger » Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:42 pm

New ones in Toy Story 3!

W. Cutting Blvd. is the street where Pixar was originally located in Richmond, CA.

Check out the car poster by Andy's bed. That's a hint at a new character, Finn McMissile, who will debut in Cars 2

Courtesy of Studio Ghibli, Totoro himself makes an appearance in the form of one of Bonnie's plush toys.
I
t looks like this Sunnyside Day Care kid happens to be a fan of Lightning McQueen

Look for a number of toy variations on other Pixar characters. Check out Boo and Mike from Monsters, Inc. and a pretty nifty looking wooden Lightning McQueen.

Newt was scheduled to be Pixar's 2012 summer release but has since been taken off the schedule and it is unknown whether the story will ever see the light of day

Check out the sticker at the bottom of Andy's toy chest for a very familiar clownfish.
Dillinger
Garbage Boy

Postby MIKE WAZOWSK-E » Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:19 pm

Dillinger wrote:New ones in Toy Story 3!

W. Cutting Blvd. is the street where Pixar was originally located in Richmond, CA.

Check out the car poster by Andy's bed. That's a hint at a new character, Finn McMissile, who will debut in Cars 2

Courtesy of Studio Ghibli, Totoro himself makes an appearance in the form of one of Bonnie's plush toys.
I
t looks like this Sunnyside Day Care kid happens to be a fan of Lightning McQueen

Look for a number of toy variations on other Pixar characters. Check out Boo and Mike from Monsters, Inc. and a pretty nifty looking wooden Lightning McQueen.

Newt was scheduled to be Pixar's 2012 summer release but has since been taken off the schedule and it is unknown whether the story will ever see the light of day

Check out the sticker at the bottom of Andy's toy chest for a very familiar clownfish.

Wow that's awesome! You've got a good eye! You should look for the omnidroid poster in his room.
EDIT: Oh wait, you got those from a site. Still, you should have a try at spotting the omnidroid.
From Pixar references and this article:
[spoiler]The toys hitch a ride in the Pizza Planet truck, like in TS2.
Sid appears in a cameo, being the same actor as in TS1.
A six million dollar man lunchbox appears (the six million dollar man being a favorite toy of Lee) when the metal flies towards the celing at the dump.
Bonnie has a Wally B. sticker on her backpack.
Buzz has Disney/Pixar on his rear (or so I've heard). If this is true it'd be wierd because he just has Disney on his rear in TS1.
Behind Andy's bed is a map of the world marked with pushpins. Those pushpins each correspond to the hometowns of the film's production team.
Since the first Toy Story, Andy's mom has had the license plate A113, a reference to an animation room at CalArts. The number pops up across the animation world as an in-joke in dozens of films and television series, everything from The Iron Giant to "The Simpsons." In Toy Story 3, the plate is surrounded by a frame that says "Tiger Pride," a reference to director Lee Unkrich's hometown of Chagrin Falls, Ohio, and his high school mascot.
The train engine in the opening sequence has a big 95 on the front, a reference to the year that the first Toy Story was released and the racing number of Cars' Lightning McQueen.
There are even Toy Story 3 Easter Eggs in other Pixar films! Not only did Lotso make his first appearance in Up, but a very early version of the toy actually appeared in the first Toy Story film fifteen years earlier! The girl toy on the left also appeared in that Marching Green Army Men Toy Story Treat and a short on the making of Finding Nemo (or so I've heard).
In the comments:
The bee embroided on Bonnie's backpack is the Wally B. bee, and Heimlich is on a mural in the bakground of sunnyside.
The Luxo ball appears in one of the first scenes of the credits.
A few pieces of art hanging on the walls in Andy’s room were actually created by ‘Toy Story 3′ art coordinator Erin Magill when she was in high school.
Andy has a banner hanging on one of the walls in his room that reads “P.U.” P.U. stands for Pixar University, a professional-development program for Pixar employees.[/spoiler]
Last edited by MIKE WAZOWSK-E on Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MIKE WAZOWSK-E
Garbage Boy

Postby openteng » Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:52 pm

Dillinger wrote:New ones in Toy Story 3!

That's great! :D :D
lots of fun XDXD

but I don't really think that's Boo :wink:
"Put That Thing Back Where it Came From Or So Help Me!"
openteng
Ant

Postby AUTOA113 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:36 pm

Did anyone get a picture of Andy's Mom's A113 license plate?

AUTOA113
Mutant Toy

Postby MIKE WAZOWSK-E » Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:40 pm

AUTOA113 wrote:Did anyone get a picture of Andy's Mom's A113 license plate?

I did. It was in the spoiler.
[spoiler]Bonnie has a picture of Dug in her room.
She also has a picture of Dory on her bandage.[/spoiler]
UPDATE:
New Toy Story EEggs were posted on slash film reecently, so I'll post some of them here:
Pixarin Voices: TS3: Hannah Unkrich as Molly in old recordings (re-used voice clips)
The calendar in Andy’s room which used to show an image from A Bug’s Life now has a picture of a Snot Rod, a character from Cars.
Both calendars, even though set years apart, are turned to the month of August.
Andy has a banner hanging on one of the walls in his room that reads “P.U.”
On the same board is…
A Sports schedule sponsored by Pizza Planet.
In Toy Story 3, A113 appears once again as the number on the license plate of Andy’s mother’s car.
But there is more.
The Tigers Pride license plate cover is a reference to director Lee Unrich’s hometown of Chagrin Falls, Ohio, and his high school mascot, the Tiger. This is the same place Bill Watterson grew up.
In this shot there are some Finding Nemo characters hidden in the drawings on the wall.
And in the shot above contains a reference to Pixar’s short film Tin Toy.
In the short film, a small tin Toy is being terrorized by a small infant. He runs away from the baby and hides under a couch where he finds a bunch of abandoned/lost/hiding toys shivering. As Rex runs towards the door, some of the toys from Tin Toy are seen hiding/shivering in the right hand corner.
But what about Monsters Inc 2? Pixar fanatics have been speculating that one of the young girls at the daycare center looks suspiciously like a more grown up version of Boo:
Is the girl in the photo above, Boo?
You decide.
The 237 number in the screenname is a reference to director Lee Unkrich’s favorite movie The Shining.
Also, the fire truck toy in this screenshot:
…is the toy version of Red from Cars:
The girl in the image above also looks like the same girl who was in the scene with Lotso, the Luxo ball and Toy Story plane in Up.
MIKE WAZOWSK-E
Garbage Boy

Postby Bryko614 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:01 am

In Day & Night, [spoil]Foreman Tom from Up appears as a lumberjack.[/spoil]
Bryko614
Upcoming Pixar • Chief Writer

PreviousNext

Return to Fandom